• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nfl 2020

Reports are Doug Pederson will get fired and Carson Wentz traded in the offseason.

Wentz has Chicago Bears written all over him. Hopefully, Jim Harbaugh can save him.

A nice workman like win again for the Steelers - impressive, even with the Ravens' problems, that the Steelers can still keep winning with all the jerking around their schedule has endured this season. I kind of get the feeling that the NFL wants to see the Chiefs as the number one seed in the AFC, since they seem to be trying their best to trip up the Steelers.

Kudos to the Ravens for a good defensive stand although the rustiness of the Steelers's receivers was a major reason for the Ravens still being in the game in the 4th quarter.

Considering the rivalry, I'll be happy if this is the last time this year that the Steelers and Ravens meet up - almost impossible to imagine one team sweeping three games in a single year even though the Steelers,, in my view, have the superior talent.

A nice workman like win again for the Steelers - impressive, even with the Ravens' problems, that the Steelers can still keep winning with all the jerking around their schedule has endured this season. I kind of get the feeling that the NFL wants to see the Chiefs as the number one seed in the AFC, since they seem to be trying their best to trip up the Steelers.

Kudos to the Ravens for a good defensive stand although the rustiness of the Steelers's receivers was a major reason for the Ravens still being in the game in the 4th quarter.

Considering the rivalry, I'll be happy if this is the last time this year that the Steelers and Ravens meet up - almost impossible to imagine one team sweeping three games in a single year even though the Steelers,, in my view, have the superior talent.

Steelers lose Bud Dupree for the season. Ouch.

You do realize Cam Newton had COVID-19 and missed weeks of practice, right?
but was the reason behind brady's success, coach bellichick, also down with the tRump flu?
i have read nothing of it

so, let's recap.
brady goes to tampa and the bucs are doing much better than last season
brady leaves new england and the pats are doing much worse than last season
but in your opinion this proves brady sux, and his sole reason for achieving success is due only to bill bellichick's coaching

but was the reason behind brady's success, coach bellichick, also down with the tRump flu?
i have read nothing of it

so, let's recap.
brady goes to tampa and the bucs are doing much better than last season
brady leaves new england and the pats are doing much worse than last season
but in your opinion this proves brady sux, and his sole reason for achieving success is due only to bill bellichick's coaching

The Bucs are not going to make the playoffs. How is that doing much better than last season?

So the GOAT, Brady is only worth 1-2 more wins than Winston?

Give me a break.

The Bucs are not going to make the playoffs. How is that doing much better than last season?

Give me a break.
the bucs vastly improve
and the pats tank
in the year brady moves to the better team
so much for any assertion that the GOAT's success was only due to coach bellichick

the bucs vastly improve
and the pats tank
in the year brady moves to the better team
so much for any assertion that the GOAT's success was only due to coach bellichick

Isn't Tom Brady about Super Bowls?

Did you pat Michael Jordan on his back when he was a mediocre player on the Wizards?

Isn't Tom Brady about Super Bowls?
every player is about the superbowl ... until their team washes out

like their fans. guess you will certainly recognize that feeling this year (being without brady and all)

Did you pat Michael Jordan on his back when he was a mediocre player on the Wizards?
no, i did that when he was playing for carolina and came to my office to meet up with his girlfriend ... she was from another culture and his folks did not approve

Tomlin nailed it... JV is exactly right..

Frustrated Mike Tomlin calls Pittsburgh Steelers' effort in matinee win 'really junior varsity'
9:11 PM ET
PITTSBURGH -- Mike Tomlin's assessment of the Pittsburgh Steelers' performance in the Wednesday matinee win against the Baltimore Ravens was blunt.
"It was really junior varsity, to be quite honest with you," Tomlin said after the 19-14 win. "It was in all three phases. We couldn't run the ball effectively when we needed to. We dropped too many significant passes, very catchable, makeable passes. We didn't make significant plays in the special teams game. Our kickoff coverage unit wasn't good enough. We turned the ball over. We gave up big plays in critical moments on defense. Can't have it."
Tomlin continued, excoriating his undefeated team.
"[The Ravens] converted a long run on a possession down before the half," he said. "Unacceptable. They had a 70-yard touchdown late in the game. Unacceptable. We're fortunate tonight. It's good to proceed with the victory. I acknowledge that. But not a lot happened tonight to be proud of or to be excited about other than that."
The Steelers put together a sloppy and error-riddled performance in the close win against their short-handed division rival. The offense had five dropped passes, matching the most in the last 15 seasons that came in 2019 vs. the Rams and 2007 vs. the Browns.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who had an interception in the end zone along with a touchdown, took the blame for the drops.
"I need to be more accurate with my passes," Roethlisberger said. "I need to give them better chances to make the plays. There weren't some plays made today when they needed to be."
The Steelers were also ineffective in the red zone, especially in the first half. Three of their drops came in the red zone in the first half -- the most of any team in a game over the last three seasons.
They also failed to score a touchdown on their first three trips to the red zone, matching their most in a game this season. On the season, the Steelers entered the game scoring a touchdown on 69% of red zone drives, good for seventh-best in the NFL.
To explain his team's failures in the red zone and the receiver drops, Tomlin offered a clipped explanation: "Us sucking."
Tomlin refused to blame the poor performance on the rollercoaster week leading up to the game that saw three postponements and an unconventional 3:40 p.m. kickoff on a Wednesday afternoon.
"We make no excuses," he said. "We seek no comfort. We didn't play well, coach well tonight."
Like his coach, wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster also said his team played down to their opponent, at a level that they should've been above.
"We played like the JV," Smith-Schuster said. "You know, we played down to their level. They came out with a JV squad and we were playing JV and we didn't come out and execute and play the way we wanted to play. And as you could see, it was a close game, which shouldn't have happened."

The Steelers play again in just five days, taking on the Washington Football Team on Monday evening in a game rescheduled to accommodate Wednesday's delayed game. It's a short week, but Tomlin believes that despite his frustrations, his team can turn it around.
"We don't have to reinvent the wheel," he said. "It's not some transformational thing that needs to transpire. We got to coach better and play better when we get inside the bowl. I expect our group to do that Monday night, Monday evening, whenever it is that we play.
At the end of his raw press conference, Tomlin was asked if he's ever been more frustrated after a win. He stopped for a beat and pondered the question.
"I don't know," he said. "I know this one's pretty frustrating."

Steelers lose Bud Dupree for the season. Ouch.
Yes, a big loss, but all teams suffer injuries in the course of a long NFL season and no one man on defense can make or break a team's season. I'm guessing Watts will subsequently have a harder time getting to the opposing QB and Steeler sacks will suffer as a result, but a strong defense should be able to devise schemes to compensate and I expect the Steelers to do just that. Doesn't make things easier, for sure.

Give me a break.
Hate to say it, but the Bucs are one of only 6 teams in the NFC with a winning record and 7 teams make the playoffs. Unless they completely collapse going forward which isn't likely they will make the playoffs.

I find it funny that you think the Cheatriots are still going to make the playoffs but the Bucs, in a weaker conference, won't.

Wow! There is not a single game today that I give a crap about.

Wow! There is not a single game today that I give a crap about.

Browns look good. Baker has really done a good job. Hopefully, he can do some damage in the playoffs.

Baker Mayfield with four quick TD passes is suddenly looking like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.

Baker Mayfield with four quick TD passes is suddenly looking like the 2nd coming of Joe Montana.

Cleveland has a hunger for a winner. I know if the Browns became a contender, Baker-mania could perhaps be bigger than LeBron mania. Those Cleveland fans love that team!

Cleveland has a hunger for a winner. I know if the Browns became a contender, Baker-mania could perhaps be bigger than LeBron mania. Those Cleveland fans love that team!
Sitting on the shores of Lake Erie in December will do that to people.

lol...

I was watching that game with a friend.. 1+ min. or so to go he says it looks like the Jets will win one.. A few plays go by....

So now 40 Seconds or so left Raider receiver get by the Jets secondary, he's 3-4 yards a head of the Jet defender, nothing but green in front of him, easy TD, but Carr over throws him. I look at my friend and say, this is the Jets they will lose. There were only seconds left, the Raiders need a TD AND have no timeouts left, So Football 101 says the defense must keep the receivers in front of the secondary, but on that play the LV receiver easily beat the Jet defenders.. It was an omen...

What happens a couple of plays later? 15 seconds or so left... Boom.. Raider receiver gets behind the Jet secondary AGAIN, has them beat by 3-4 yards but this time Carr doesn't over throw him.. TD, another Jets loss..

They have to be trying to purposely lose.. With only seconds left not having any defenders playing deep, and playing man to man??? Unbelievably stupid...!!

Back
Top Bottom