• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2020 Season

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Finally, the NFL preseason is over and we can start watching games. Fans or no fans, big crowds or little crowds, it will be the same football. On the field, the games themselves will be what we are used to, unless you are watching Washington's football team. So let's kick off the fun stuff completely unrelated to politics - snaps, passes, receptions, runs, tackles, kicks, and yellow flags. Let's talk about where footballs and down markers are, not the fans. Talk about the fans cheering and booing in stadiums, not their masks and empty seats. This thread is for talking about the actual games, injuries, etc. It is very important to promote normalcy and limit "sports talk" to just that, talking about sports. Talking about politics here is just going to derail this thread immediately.

Are you ready for some football?

Finally, the NFL preseason is over and we can start watching games. Fans or no fans, big crowds or little crowds, it will be the same football. On the field, the games themselves will be what we are used to, unless you are watching Washington's football team. So let's kick off the fun stuff completely unrelated to politics - snaps, passes, receptions, runs, tackles, kicks, and yellow flags. Let's talk about where footballs and down markers are, not the fans. Talk about the fans cheering and booing in stadiums, not their masks and empty seats. This thread is for talking about the actual games, injuries, etc. It is very important to promote normalcy and limit "sports talk" to just that, talking about sports. Talking about politics here is just going to derail this thread immediately.

Ask this guy...Georgia State QB Mikele Colasurdo diagnosed with heart condition linked to COVID-19

He is not in the NFL. You are dismissed.

Ahem. There was already an NFL 2020 thread.

Ahem. There was already an NFL 2020 thread.

It is already 19 pages long before the first game kicks off. That is not the NFL season. This one is for the 2020 season itself, nothing else.

belichick can make fun of himself. who knew

they will never be able to complete the season

I just hope I get some fun football for as long as possible

Your actual question was "are you ready for some football?"

Care to explain how this is any diffeerent?

I told you why it's different. This is only about NFL games, not college games.

they will never be able to complete the season

I just hope I get some fun football for as long as possible

For now let's all assume the games themselves will not change - no cancellation, no delays, etc.I will start worrying about shortened season from the NFL first if it happens.

Josh Rosen cut by the Dolpins.

Would love to see him sign with the Rams.

6 more days... will the season start? will the season finish?

I sure hope so.

With no preseason you will probably see a record number of injuries.

And overall play will be a bit ragged for a few games.

People still watch football?

People still watch football?

The NFL did not cancel any games for this season. All the fans who changed their minds about going to stadiums will be watching games on TV instead.

Fully committed to Cam Newton, absolutely. Bill Belichick’s ‘toes are being curled’ by Cam Newton just coming into camp…not only is Cam the starting quarterback but also one of the offensive team captains and he’s done it the right way, the way you always have to do it – by grinding, putting work in and having tremendous energy,” Wiley said on the show.

"Fully committed to Cam Newton" - Former NFL Star Claims Bill Belichick Has Found The Ideal Leader - EssentiallySports

Whoa, looks like Cam Newton is fully dialed in as the starter of the Patriots. Newton brings a certain superstar quality, athleticism, and leadership the Patriots have not seen in a long time.

Looks like another steal signing from Bill Belichick.

As a Patriots fan it seems we just upgraded from a Pinto to a Ferrari. I am pumped!

Last edited:
"Fully committed to Cam Newton" - Former NFL Star Claims Bill Belichick Has Found The Ideal Leader - EssentiallySports

Whoa, looks like Cam Newton is fully dialed in as the starter of the Patriots. Newton brings a certain superstar quality, athleticism, and leadership the Patriots have not seen in a long time.

Looks like another steal signing from Bill Belichick.

As a Patriots fan it seems we just upgraded from a Pinto to a Ferrari. I am pumped!

i hope it continues

but, cam has a real problem coping with adversity

then he sulks

that's the cam who will not do well with belichick

i hope it continues

but, cam has a real problem coping with adversity

then he sulks

that's the cam who will not do well with belichick

Newton fits the Patriots like a glove.

I am not sure about all these unnecessary attacks against his character and heart. Kind of uncalled for imo.

Newton fits the Patriots like a glove.

I am not sure about all these unnecessary attacks against his character and heart. Kind of uncalled for imo.

i'm a cam fan
best QB my panthers ever had - by a massive margin
but he has weaknesses
poor mechanics
slow to read defenses
inaccurate arm (see poor mechanics above)
and prone to sulk

he has heart. much more heart than head, in fact

hope he continues the tradition of giving touchdown balls to the young kids in the end zone seats
and also hope he has a lot to give away

i'm a cam fan
best QB my panthers ever had - by a massive margin
but he has weaknesses
poor mechanics
slow to read defenses
inaccurate arm (see poor mechanics above)
and prone to sulk

he has heart. much more heart than head, in fact

hope he continues the tradition of giving touchdown balls to the young kids in the end zone seats
and also hope he has a lot to give away

The Panthers already came out with their greatest 3 players - Smith Jr, Peppers, Kuechly. No mention of Cam Newton.

Jake Delhomme is in the Panthers hall of honors, will Newton eventually join him? Doubtful.

The Panthers already came out with their greatest 3 players - Smith Jr, Peppers, Kuechly. No mention of Cam Newton.

Jake Delhomme is in the Panthers hall of honors, will Newton eventually join him? Doubtful.

jake, a decent fellow, as well as a second string quality QB, could not hold cam's jock strap when it comes to QB skills. the hall of honors induction is purely a popularity contest
and cam was not even placed on the list from which the top-3 players voting took place. that was an intentional omission having nothing to do with cam's rating as a football player

glad to see belichick clicking with cam
hope it lasts
doubt it will if cam starts his sulking ways. old school belichick will not put up with that. riviera did and that's why he is now coaching what were once the redskins

It is already 19 pages long before the first game kicks off. That is not the NFL season. This one is for the 2020 season itself, nothing else.

Good luck with that.

jake, a decent fellow, as well as a second string quality QB, could not hold cam's jock strap when it comes to QB skills. the hall of honors induction is purely a popularity contest
and cam was not even placed on the list from which the top-3 players voting took place. that was an intentional omission having nothing to do with cam's rating as a football player

glad to see belichick clicking with cam
hope it lasts
doubt it will if cam starts his sulking ways. old school belichick will not put up with that. riviera did and that's why he is now coaching what were once the redskins

Snowflake will be Snowflake.

Back
Top Bottom