• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Next Supreme Court nominee?

Who do you think will be the next Supreme Court nominee?

• Samuel Alito

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Edith Brown Clement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberto Gonzales

• Edith Jones

• J. Michael Luttig

• Michael McConnell

• Priscilla Owen

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Karen Williams

• Someone else

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kandahar

Enemy Combatant
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
The various futures markets seem to be ordaining Samuel Alito (3rd circuit Court of Appeals) as the heir to Sandra Day O'Connor's seat. The possible conclusion is that someone knows something that the rest of us don't.

Do you think that Alito is the likely pick? If not, who do you think is, and why?

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
The various futures markets seem to be ordaining Samuel Alito (3rd circuit Court of Appeals) as the heir to Sandra Day O'Connor's seat. The possible conclusion is that someone knows something that the rest of us don't.

Do you think that Alito is the likely pick? If not, who do you think is, and why?

Hasnt it been already stated that BUsh is putting a woman in? Though i may be wrong

I want McConnell, it's going to be Luttig or Alito.

Crap again.

I personally would like to see Gonzales but don't really believe that's a viable option. It then creates the trouble of yet another confirmation. Staying with a woman I believe the next choice will be P. Owen.

Back
Top Bottom