• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Next SecDef

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I cannot come up with enough names for a poll. Who do you think are the candidates to replace General Mattis?

I cannot come up with enough names for a poll. Who do you think are the candidates to replace General Mattis?

I'm sure the short list is full of folks entirely unqualified for the job. First name that comes to mind is John Bolton.

Promote Colonel Sanders?

Lindsey Graham comes to mind.

I'm sure the short list is full of folks entirely unqualified for the job. First name that comes to mind is John Bolton.

As a child of the ‘50’s we need to return to “duck and cover’ under a match-stick desk.................:bomb:

My gut tells me Twumpy will try to recruit Allen West.
West counts Michael Ledeen as one of his heroes.

Ledeen is infamous for the following controversies and forgeries:

Billygate
The Bulgarian Connection
Saddam Hussein & Yellowcake

And of course, "A Theory," a possibility that France and Germany, both NATO allies of the United States, "struck a deal with radical Islam and with radical Arabs" to use "extremism and terrorism as the weapon of choice" to weaken the United States.

So, consider Allen West to be Michael Ledeen only not a chickenhawk like Ledeen.
I'll be surprised if Trump doesn't pick him.

Promote Colonel Sanders?

Well he does come to mind, but they would need to dig him up. Being dead and all (for our younger members)

That said if they do, he would be the perfect spring board for Trumps plan.

Billygate
The Bulgarian Connection

And of course, "A Theory," a possibility that France and Germany, both NATO allies of the United States, "struck a deal with radical Islam and with radical Arabs" to use "extremism and terrorism as the weapon of choice" to weaken the United States.

So, consider Allen West to be Michael Ledeen only not a chickenhawk like Ledeen.

I first read Adam West...........doo doo doo doo, Batman..........:lamo

Whoever he is, he should be the most bloodspitting warhawk ever. Then, he'll convince Trump to go to war with Russia and North Korea and the Anti-Trumpers will be satisfied since that is what they seem to support.

Where are our Leon Pennetta's and Robert Gates's.....that is the kind of guy we desperately need here.....we dont seem to have any.

I'm unsure that anyone of truly high caliber -- high caliber relative the person's field of peers; obviously the person will, relative to the hoi polloi, will be of high caliber -- will accept the position. I'm sure that someone who, to folks who aren't among the "cream," looks good on paper will take it.

The MyPillow Guy
Mick Mulvaney
Oliver North
The General from the insurance ads
Captain Crunch
Scott Baio
Kanye
The Duck Dynasty guy
The Nuge
Vince McMahon

Billygate
The Bulgarian Connection

I sure hope not. Allen West is a raving lunatic and a war criminal.

I sure hope not. Allen West is a raving lunatic and a war criminal.

Hey, I never said that I HOPED he would choose West, I'm saying that my gut is TELLING me he's likely to choose West.
Yes, he's a raving lunatic, and perhaps even a war criminal but it's his lunacy that is the worse of the two issues.
He's a lot like Joe Arpaio or Sheriff David Clarke.

Lindsey Graham comes to mind.

I was going to say Jared Kushner, but this makes sense.

Or would have made sense before Graham excoriated Trump's decision to pull out of Syria.

Whoever he is, he should be the most bloodspitting warhawk ever. Then, he'll convince Trump to go to war with Russia and North Korea and the Anti-Trumpers will be satisfied since that is what they seem to support.

It might be difficult for binarians to come to the understanding but it won't hurt to consider this: Pro-sanity and anti-Trump are not necessarily the same thing.

Trump hates being made fun of.

He is not going to enjoy the publicity he gets during the job search for someone who is qualified enough to get confirmed by the senate but who is also willing to step into a position so anathema to American standards and good order that Mattis had to step down.

I present....

Baldric.jpg
....Secretary Baldric.

Back
Top Bottom