• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Next Pardon in the Works?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
There was talk of pardoning ex-Governor Blagojevich when Trump was exercising the pardon option earlier in his tenure. Is this a telegraph signal?

View attachment 67246147

Very sad!

There was talk of pardoning ex-Governor Blagojevich when Trump was exercising the pardon option earlier in his tenure. Is this a telegraph signal?

I'm often confused by people's complaints about pardons, as this power is nothing new and everyone given one of course has had a criminal conviction.

I would personally like to see more of them, as a tool to give people convicted of crimes a clean slate and second chance.

Is it just who the people selected are? Or is there some general issue with pardon powers that can be explained/discussed?

I am a firm believer in do the time, you've paid for the crime...with a corollary that all rights of citizenship should be reinstated after the sentence is completed.

Recidivism is caused by being unable to reintegrate, and reintegration with a criminal record is very difficult.

Expungements, where available, help. But pardons remove all restrictions to one's rights caused by convictions.

Last edited:
So Trump is now making a move on Blag’s wife.

Very sad.

I'm often confused by people's complaints about pardons, as this power is nothing new and everyone given one of course has had a criminal conviction.

I would personally like to see more of them, as a tool to give people convicted of crimes a clean slate and second chance.

Is it just who the people selected are? Or is there some general issue with pardon powers that can be explained/discussed?

I am a firm believer in do the time, you've paid for the crime...with a corollary that all rights of citizenship should be reinstated after the sentence is completed.

Recidivism is caused by being unable to reintegrate, and reintegration with a criminal record is very difficult.

Expungements, where available, help. But pardons remove all restrictions to one's rights caused by convictions.

I generally have no problems with presidents and governors pardoning people who have served their sentences. I take the ones that result in curtailed sentences or no sentences on a case by case basis. But I really don’t like how being a celebrity or having a celebrity vouch for you increases the odds of a pardon. And no, Trump is not the only one to do that.

Helps to look into the background and the back story.
In January 2017, Rod and Patricia Blagojevich's 20 year old daughter fired off an angry letter to Barack Obama, blasting him for not commuting her father's sentence before leaving office.

"Everyone seems to be mourning your exit from office. I'm glad you're gone. I'm not delusional — you're not a saint. You were a mediocre president with unoriginal ideas."

(Amy Blagojevich on the right)

ct-amy-blagojevich-obama-chicago-inc-20170126

(In happier times on Facebook)

Blagojevich Amy.jpg

If you're Donald, what's not to like?
She's young, she's sort of cute, she's single, she's impressionable, and perhaps most importantly, she hates Barack Obama almost as much as Donald Trump does.
And she's currently missing a powerful father figure.

LAUGHING.jpg

Rod was to Democrats what Trump is to...well...Trumpocrats, a grifter con man par excellence.

Listen to him LITERALLY SELLING Barack Obama's old Senate seat.

If The Donald can find a way of gutting the remnants of Illinois' old power structure by diddling the panties of an impressionable and wounded 20 year old cutie daughter of a Democrat, it's like catnip to him, especially if it involves sticking it to Barack Obama somehow AND maybe getting a little taste of forbidden fruit at the same time.

I'm sure he's gotten quite a few chubbies thinking about it.
Which is more disturbing, Donald getting aroused thinking about Amy Blagojevich or getting aroused thinking of sticking it to Obama?

We report, you decide ;)

Helps to look into the background and the back story.
In January 2017, Rod and Patricia Blagojevich's 20 year old daughter fired off an angry letter to Barack Obama, blasting him for not commuting her father's sentence before leaving office.

(Amy Blagojevich on the right)

ct-amy-blagojevich-obama-chicago-inc-20170126

(In happier times on Facebook)

View attachment 67246157

If you're Donald, what's not to like?
She's young, she's sort of cute, she's single, she's impressionable, and perhaps most importantly, she hates Barack Obama almost as much as Donald Trump does.
And she's currently missing a powerful father figure.

View attachment 67246156

Rod was to Democrats what Trump is to...well...Trumpocrats, a grifter con man par excellence.

Listen to him LITERALLY SELLING Barack Obama's old Senate seat.

If The Donald can find a way of gutting the remnants of Illinois' old power structure by diddling the panties of an impressionable and wounded 20 year old cutie daughter of a Democrat, it's like catnip to him, especially if it involves sticking it to Barack Obama somehow AND maybe getting a little taste of forbidden fruit at the same time.

I'm sure he's gotten quite a few chubbies thinking about it.
Which is more disturbing, Donald getting aroused thinking about Amy Blagojevich or getting aroused thinking of sticking it to Obama?

We report, you decide ;)
Just how sick can lefties get?

Probably recorded and watch the Stormy-Andy Coop interviews nightly [and in the mornings, too nudge nudge], eh?

Back
Top Bottom