• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newt Gingrich wants new House Un-American Activities Committee

Of course the 2nd Amendment has been violated. The 9th circuit court violated the 2nd Amendment just the other day.

Please explain; and what does the 9th Circuit Court's recent ruling have to do with this discussion? What exact was the case? What did they rule on? And how does the ruling apply here? More important, how has the 2nd Amendment been violated as you see it and under what circumstance?

Last edited:
I thought Gingrich was a historian. HUAC wasn't created to sniff out Nazis, it was created to sniff out communists.

I thought it was created to oust Hollywood actors and directors.

Please explain; and what does the 9th Circuit Court's recent ruling have to do with this discussion? What exact was the case? What did they rule on? And how does the ruling apply here? More important, how has the 2nd Amendment been violated as you see it and under what circumstance?

The 9th circuit made an illegal ruling when it rules that a law outlawing concealed carry.

You brought it up.

The 9th circuit made an illegal ruling when it rules that a law outlawing concealed carry.

You brought it up.

I brought up the issue of concealed carry? Show where I did that? And who, for the purpose of this discussion, were denied such a right under the law? Omar Mateen? I don't think so. And certainly not any of his victims.

Moreover, if you're referring to Peruta v. City of San Diego, concealed carry has never been a protected right. You know that from the days of the cowboy where people who entered a bar in some cities and townships had to turn in their guns upon entering such establishments. And since concealed carry is viewed as both being part of gun control measures, as well as, a state's rights issue it could never be a protected right in the same vein as the right to keep and bear arms under the Constitution. You can own a fire arm, but concealing such and/or brandishing a gun around in public or firing a round into the air are all regulated subsequent to standing constitutional law.

Bring the subject back around, apdst, and stop trying to move the goal post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom