• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Newt Gingrich prediction: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Gingrich says that the Biden campaign will "​move into the 1972 George McGovern range of isolation from the American people" and that only his physical isolation over the past few months has slowed this isolation. He cites Rasmussen Reports:

Chris Wallace captured the absurdity of a presidential candidate trying to hide his way to the White House with a “basement strategy,” when he told Guy Benson, “It’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.”
And, in a more recent report, Rasmussen Reports said 59% of likely voters believe Biden’s vice-presidential choice will become president during the next four years. That included 49% of Democrats, 57% of independents, and 73% of Republicans.

When nearly six out of every ten Americans think you are not likely to finish a four-year term, it is hardly an endorsement of your fitness. The more Biden has to campaign and actually appear in uncontrolled environments, the bigger this problem will become. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

I do think that Biden appears to be in decline. The GOP is exploiting this:

A man who won't come out of his basement mandating masks because they are safe is funny.

Biden is doing what all normal Americans are doing: taking precautions because the sitting president has left us as a viral failed state.

Besides, Trump is walking around (barely) insisting his cognitive test was super hard.

Er... yeah.

No reason for you republicans to vote in November. Like Gingrich said, "It's all over for Joe."

Did you Gingrich divorced his wife while she was on her deathbed dying of cancer? To marry one of his employees?

Gingrich says that the Biden campaign will "​move into the 1972 George McGovern range of isolation from the American people" and that only his physical isolation over the past few months has slowed this isolation. He cites Rasmussen Reports:

I have to ask: When was the last time Newt Gingrich was relevant? This would be like me posting that David Hampton Pryor says that Trump is doomed.

Anyone that puts any stock in Gingrich is already down the political rabbit hole.

lol Gingrich.

I will have an autographed photo of him from back in the mid 90's. I was still in my hardcore GOP fanboy stage then.

But I don't think the ticket will fall apart. The "real fun" starts now though, and both Biden and Trump have cognitive problems. This is the 2020 Geriatrics Election, God have mercy on the Republic.

Biden is doing what all normal Americans are doing: taking precautions because the sitting president has left us as a viral failed state.

Besides, Trump is walking around (barely) insisting his cognitive test was super hard.

So what do you think of the GOP ad's comparison of Biden then and Biden in recent months?

lol Gingrich.

I will have an autographed photo of him from back in the mid 90's. I was still in my hardcore GOP fanboy stage then.

But I don't think the ticket will fall apart. The "real fun" starts now though, and both Biden and Trump have cognitive problems. This is the 2020 Geriatrics Election, God have mercy on the Republic.

Boy, do I agree with your last sentence. :(

I have to ask: When was the last time Newt Gingrich was relevant? This would be like me posting that David Hampton Pryor says that Trump is doomed.

Does his being "irrelevant" to you make his analysis, given his political experience and historical background, not interesting?

Newt's prediction capabilities and track record aside for just a moment, this is what I have been concerned about for a long time now.

There was a subtle approach to how Carter, Clinton, and Obama won their respective Presidencies... they were relative unknowns on the national scene, meaning they did not show up with a plethora of party / relic baggage. Some baggage and explanations to be had? Of course, but not like this lot.

Aristocracy crept its way back into the party.

In 2016 the party itself pushed Hillary past Sanders even though both came with some sort of concern on the national scene, now in 2020 we are seeing a terrible combination of things including the voter land on Biden above that huge field many of them coming to the national stage with their own polarizations, ideologies, and baggage from their time up on the hill.

There is no "change you can believe in" type mantra with someone who has already been a VP as well as decades of time up on the hill.

You really have to find some humor, to avoid crying, in the fact that this time around we literally are going to watch to very old angry guys argue out what is best for the nation each one with the mental capacity that screams to their respective families... 'take the car keys away... like, STAT, start planning their finances for them so they do not end up swindled by some guy in Ethiopia pimping a scam, and keep them comfortable in their remaining senior years.'

It also speaks volumes about Trump that such numbers (OP offered stats and sources) are still more likely to vote for Biden knowing he will not finish his first term.

About that 'the history books will not be kind to his period we are in' I keep going on about...

I don't know about collapse, but this week will be the high-water mark for Biden and Harris. The week of the convention always is.

It's all downhill from here.

So what do you think of the GOP ad's comparison of Biden then and Biden in recent months?

I thought the part where Trump let 170k Americans die of a preventable virus and made all of our passports useless so we can’t even escape this failed state was kinda off.

I don't know about collapse, but this week will be the high-water mark for Biden and Harris. The week of the convention always is.

It's all downhill from here.

Folks need to stop trying to compare this political season to seasons past.

Newt's prediction capabilities and track record aside for just a moment, this is what I have been concerned about for a long time now.

There was a subtle approach to how Carter, Clinton, and Obama won their respective Presidencies... they were relative unknowns on the national scene, meaning they did not show up with a plethora of party / relic baggage. Some baggage and explanations to be had? Of course, but not like this lot.

And these three were the only Dems who ever won the POTUS race since LBJ, because they were unknowns. The established Dems like Kerry, Gore, etc. didnt win.

It's interesting that even with those results and better Trump approval ratings than other pollsters, Rasmussen still can't produce a single poll where Trump leads Biden.

Perhaps if Candidate Biden leaves his basement more frequently to hit the campaign trail, those numbers will change.

Chris Wallace captured the absurdity of a presidential candidate trying to hide his way to the White House with a “basement strategy,” when he told Guy Benson, “It’s the damnedest thing I’ve ever seen.”
And, in a more recent report, Rasmussen Reports said 59% of likely voters believe Biden’s vice-presidential choice will become president during the next four years. That included 49% of Democrats, 57% of independents, and 73% of Republicans.

When nearly six out of every ten Americans think you are not likely to finish a four-year term, it is hardly an endorsement of your fitness. The more Biden has to campaign and actually appear in uncontrolled environments, the bigger this problem will become. Newt Gingrich: Biden-Harris ticket will collapse between now and election due to these 3 factors | Fox News

Trump said that a dementia test he was asked by his doctor to take was very hard.

Highly partisan quackery from a desperate GOP leadership cabal...

A hit piece on tRump would start with Covfefe and end with him tottering down the ramp at West Point... and there is a whole bunch of jaw droppers in between... :peace

It may not be too good an idea to point out mental decline.

trump isn't the man he used to be either

I need to find that pro-trump video with all his mentions of wanting to be president.

The transition from rambling-but-bringing-it-back-around-to-his-point to losing-his-train-of-rhought-and-not-bringing-it-back-around is abrupt and obvious.

Y'all just don't see it because he has learned to spit some red meat every time it happens so y'all are too busy salivating to notice. (Now you won't be able to not see this the next time he does it!)

I think it's about morality.

It's about right v. wrong

It's about good v. evil.

I know Biden/Harris do not support the kidnapping of children from their parents at the border.

Trump does and so does his supporters...because they're hateful people who enjoy seeing children kidnapped from their parents. They love it. It makes them happy. And the cowards that were upset about it, who still supported Trump despite it, said nothing.

I know Biden/Harris wants all American citizens to be able to vote during a global pandemic.

Trump doesn't, and so does his supporters because they're hateful people who cannot stand that black people and hispanics are allowed to vote.

I know Biden/Harris won't solicit help from a foreign government in order to win an election.

Trump has, and his supporters don't care. Because his supporters care more about their favorite policies than they do about our national security and the sanctity of our elections.

The list is endless.

Trump is a thug.

Trump supporters support a thug.

Trump supporters support a thoroughly authoritarian, fascist, corrupt person who hates the Constitution, hates American values, and is not fit to hold office.

And that is why Trump is going to lose.

Last edited:
So the entire GOP strategy for the 2020 election is just wishcasting, eh?

Okay then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Folks need to stop trying to compare this political season to seasons past.

It's true that a lot of the old rules don't apply anymore. Biden/Harris not doing any in-person campaigning is the biggest difference. Can you even win with a modern front-porch campaign? Who knows? But I don't see Biden and Harris staying at their current levels of excitement, which frankly is at historic lows even among Democrats.

In any case, the GOP will have its convention next week. They will get a bump which may or may continue going forward.

Back
Top Bottom