• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newt Gingrich: Deport every Muslim who believes in Sharia

Meet Trumps VP choice.

That is a little off mark, if we want to remain a tolerant and free civilization and functioning democracy. If a citizen wants to have society introduce sharia that might go against my grain. But it is that citizen's Constitutional right. She can hold any opinion she likes in this country. That is as bad as taking away the baker's existence for not wanting to participate in activities that are against his religious beliefs.

Meet Trumps VP choice.

Except I'm fairly sure Tump has chosen his VP running mate, and it isn't Newt.

Cute line in xenophobic bluster though. Immigration official: "Excuse me, Sir. Are you now or have you ever been a believer in Shari'a?" "No, officer." "That's fine then, Sir. In you come." Fail safe system, isn't it?

Meet Trumps VP choice.

I guess I could go along with this as long as we also deport every christian, citizen or not, who believes christian religious law should take precedent over American law. We could start with Trump's actual VP pick, the christian taliban spokesperson, Mike Pence.

Except I'm fairly sure Tump has chosen his VP running mate, and it isn't Newt.

Cute line in xenophobic bluster though. Immigration official: "Excuse me, Sir. Are you now or have you ever been a believer in Shari'a?" "No, officer." "That's fine then, Sir. In you come." Fail safe system, isn't it?

That's just the thing. It's never been about realistic solutions with these people, it's just pandering to the base with hateful rhetoric that has absolutely zero chance of being implemented in real life. Trying to deport people based on something that exists entirely in their heads is laughable but pretty much par for the course.

I guess I could go along with this as long as we also deport every christian, citizen or not, who believes christian religious law should take precedent over American law. We could start with Trump's actual VP pick, the christian taliban spokesperson, Mike Pence.

That's just the thing. It's never been about realistic solutions with these people, it's just pandering to the base with hateful rhetoric that has absolutely zero chance of being implemented in real life. Trying to deport people based on something that exists entirely in their heads is laughable but pretty much par for the course.

How does America avoid the development of no go zones and Sharia courts that parts of Europe now enjoy ?

How does America avoid the development of no go zones and Sharia courts that parts of Europe now enjoy ?

Neither of those actually exist. It's overblown nonsense. There are no "no go zones" and the only sharia courts are non-governmental "courts" where all parties voluntarily decide to settle the matter there. It would be no different if you and I decided to decide a dispute in a christian manner, it has nothing to do with the government.

Nobody, be it muslims, christians, hindus, or any other religion should be able to force their religious laws on anyone else. You could help by demanding we keep a secular government that respects the religious rights of all Americans.

Do you even understand the sharia "courts." Sharia law is practiced in our country right now. Voluntarily. By contract. With arbitrators who are experts. No law can be broken. But rights are given up by agreement...by contract. People give up rights allll the time by signing them away in a contract.

Who are you...we...to say people cannot live by Sharia Law if they so choose AS LONG AS none of our criminal laws are broken.

Do you even understand the sharia "courts." Sharia law is practiced in our country right now. Voluntarily. By contract. With arbitrators who are experts. No law can be broken. But rights are given up by agreement...by contract. People give up rights allll the time by signing them away in a contract.

Who are you...we...to say people cannot live by Sharia Law if they so choose AS LONG AS none of our criminal laws are broken.

If they don't break any of our laws under Sharia law they are not following Sharia law. As their beliefs do not match ours. You say "as long as none of our laws are broken". Thus we..... you are saying to those people they cannot fully live by Sharia law. Am I wrong?

Last edited:
If they don't break any of our laws under Sharia law they are not following Sharia law. As their beliefs do not match ours. You say "as long as none of our laws are broken". Thus we..... you are saying to those people they cannot fully live by Sharia law. Am I wrong?

By this logic, Christians can't voluntary follow ANY Christian laws because SOME Christian laws are incompatible with American laws. That makes no sense. People can voluntarily act as ridiculous as they want to and subject themselves to whatever they want. It's like the Scientologists who allow themselves to be put in "re-education camps".

By this logic, Christians can't voluntary follow ANY Christian laws because SOME Christian laws are incompatible with American laws. That makes no sense. People can voluntarily act as ridiculous as they want to and subject themselves to whatever they want. It's like the Scientologists who allow themselves to be put in "re-education camps".
I think the difference between Christian laws and Sharia law, is that Sharia law governs more than just that persons relationship
with their chosen deity, but is a complete political ideology.

There you are wrong. If a person wants to follow the laws of their religion but can't because it is not in accordance with our laws they are not following their belief fully in this country. That is a fact. If they did follow their belief fully and it was not in accordance with our laws they are breaking our laws and would be punished.

Sure people can voluntarily act ridiculous as they want but don't break our laws in doing so. And under Sharia law much of what they believe if acted on would be breaking our laws, thus they would be punished. Fact.

So we do tell people they can not follow their version of their belief when it is in conflict with our laws. That is a fact.

We're not talking acting stupid.

You mean those totally Muslim cities like Birmingham where no white Christian police officer would ever set foot? Yeah, what to do about those?

Do you mean those areas that do not exist? That Fox commentator has never set foot in Birmingham. Did you actually read the link that you posted?

Emerson later apologised “for having made this comment about the beautiful city of Birmingham”.

Cameron said: “He’s started with an apology. That’s not a bad start. But what he should actually do is actually look at Birmingham and see what a fantastic example it is of bringing people together of different faiths, different backgrounds and actually building a world-class, brilliant city with a great and strong economy.”

Do you mean those areas that do not exist? That Fox commentator has never set foot in Birmingham. Did you actually read the link that you posted?

Somebody needs to recalibrate their sarcas-o-meter.

I think the difference between Christian laws and Sharia law, is that Sharia law governs more than just that persons relationship
with their chosen deity, but is a complete political ideology.

The difference is what? Passing laws based only on ones religion is wrong no matter who does it.

Meet Trumps VP choice.

1) That's not Trumps VP choice

2) I disagree entirely on deportation of any US Citizen for their religious or political views

3) I would strongly support declining any immigration, refugee, or other passport entries entry into this country by those with clear evidence of having supported/currently support Fundamentalist Muslim Political Parties or Institutionalized govt-wide Sharia law. In those particular cases, the disqualifying factor is support for a political entity/regime/ideology, NOT a religious test. Such a disqualifying factor is well within the established precedence for our country, where in the past we disallowed the immigration of those belonging to a Communist Party. While those who are citizens of this country or here legally absolutely have the freedom to choose what political beliefs they hold, there is absolutely nothing within our founding principles or legal code that requires us to welcome in those holding views antithetical to the principles of (and shown to be the foundation for violence taken against) the United States ahead of other applicants that do not hold such views.

There you are wrong. If a person wants to follow the laws of their religion but can't because it is not in accordance with our laws they are not following their belief fully in this country. That is a fact. If they did follow their belief fully and it was not in accordance with our laws they are breaking our laws and would be punished.

Sure people can voluntarily act ridiculous as they want but don't break our laws in doing so. And under Sharia law much of what they believe if acted on would be breaking our laws, thus they would be punished. Fact.

So we do tell people they can not follow their version of their belief when it is in conflict with our laws. That is a fact.

We're not talking acting stupid.

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please give an example in the US or Europe of religious law trumping actual law. This has not happened and you're simply spreading fear. If a christian or a muslim wants to follow their religious laws, fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with ours. I don't know why you find that so atrocious. Do you hate religious liberty so much?

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Please give an example in the US or Europe of religious law trumping actual law. This has not happened and you're simply spreading fear. If a christian or a muslim wants to follow their religious laws, fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with ours. I don't know why you find that so atrocious. Do you hate religious liberty so much?

I never said religious laws trump elected law, just the other way around. You must have misread my post

In bold is exactly what I have been saying. Now let me explain what you said. A Muslim can follow their religious laws all they want AS LONG AS they don't conflict with our elected laws. Meaning our laws trump their religious laws. Thus we.... you tell them through our elected laws that they can only practice their religious laws that do not go against our elected laws. Why is it so hard.

I'm curious. If the Muslim who believes in Sharia was born in Detroit to parents who were born in Detroit, where will Donald Trump deport him? The fool thinks a man born in Indiana is a Mexican so maybe he just picks a country. Kings can do that, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom