• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newsmax Host Eric Bolling Implores Tucker Carlson To Stop Siding With Russia

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

iu

Newsmax host Eric Bolling has urged Fox News’ Tucker Carlson to stop creating fodder for Russian propaganda, telling his former colleague, “You’ve gone too far.” Bolling similarly called out Carlson earlier this month and again criticized the right-wing personality on Tuesday for supporting Russian President Vladimir Putin and his disinformation campaign to justify the invasion of Ukraine. “My compadre continues to push falsehoods that Putin and his propagandists are exploiting to show that, yes, some Americans do indeed side with Russia in this war,” Bolling said in a clip captured by Mediaite. “Is that the side of history ... you want to be on?” he said, addressing Carlson. “There are far too many wars right here in our own country.”

Carlson has repeatedly promoted pro-Russia and anti-Ukraine rhetoric as Putin wages a brutal war on the neighboring nation, leaving thousands of civilians dead in what President Joe Biden has called a genocide. Multiple excerpts from Carlson’s show have been translated to serve as propaganda on Russia’s state-sponsored TV. In March, Mother Jones magazine reported on a leaked memo in which the Kremlin directed state media to use Carlson’s segments “as much as possible” due to his criticism of the U.S. and NATO and his defense of Russia.

Tucker Carlson is regularly featured on Russia's state propaganda television channels...

FNhpHZGXsAAQt3l

iu

Tucker Carlson is regularly featured on Russia's state propaganda television channels...

FNhpHZGXsAAQt3l

What, exactly, was said by Tucker Carlson in support of Putin? I could find no quoted examples (maybe that is what is said in Russian on the screen shot?) of anything that Tucker Carson said in the linked article. The implication seems to be that any complaints about US and/or NATO actions (or inactions?) concerning Ukraine are considered to be supporting Putin or siding with Russia.

What, exactly, was said by Tucker Carlson in support of Putin? I could find no quoted examples (maybe that is what is said in Russian on the screen shot?) of anything that Tucker Carson said in the linked article. The implication seems to be that any complaints about US and/or NATO actions (or inactions?) concerning Ukraine are considered to be supporting Putin or siding with Russia.

Do some digging.

Carlson has pushed Kremlin propaganda. To such a degree that even his own buds are getting embarassed.

I wonder if it's all part of a double secret plan to trick Russians into burning off their balls with red light bulbs.

It’s bad when it’s too much propaganda for newsmax

“Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I am.”

Do some digging.

Carlson has pushed Kremlin propaganda. To such a degree that even his own buds are getting embarassed.
Newmax is a competitor. And Carlson is kicking their butts.

Can you provide a source link with that (alleged) quote in context?
I'll bite, but only with the most glaring example. The rest are easily found with a simple bit of googling:

On Carlson’s show, Goodstein pointed to testimony before the House intelligence committee last week. David Holmes, a US official based in Ukraine, said Gordon Sondland, ambassador to the EU and a key player in the approach to Ukraine, said Trump “doesn’t give a shit” about corruption in the country, the stated reason for pressuring Zelenskiy.

Advertisement

“We do care about the substance of it,” Carlson said. “And the substance of it is that Trump, for all of his sins and I will concede some of them, has never taken close to a million dollars a year from a Ukrainian energy company to do nothing because his dad is the vice-president. So, Hunter Biden did.”

The son of Joe Biden, the former vice-president who is a frontrunner to face Trump at the polls next year, had a board position at a Ukrainian energy company. There is no suggestion he or his father did anything illegal.

“I actually like Hunter Biden,” Carlson continued, “but that’s totally corrupt and you know it. Why is it worse to ask about it than do it?”

Goldstein said: “Because people are dying on the frontlines.”

Laughing, Carlson said: “Why do I care, why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I am.”

Because, Goldstein said, “preserving democracy is important”.

“I don’t care!” Carlson said.

By the end of his show it seemed he did, as he said: “Before we go, earlier … I noted, I was rooting for Russia in the contest between Russia and Ukraine. Of course I’m joking, I’m only rooting for America.”

The “I was only joking” defence has been used extensively by Trump or by Republicans defending his more outrageous claims: about asking Russia to hack Clinton’s emails, for example, and about asking China to investigate the Bidens.

I'll bite, but only with the most glaring example. The rest are easily found with a simple bit of googling:

On Carlson’s show, Goodstein pointed to testimony before the House intelligence committee last week. David Holmes, a US official based in Ukraine, said Gordon Sondland, ambassador to the EU and a key player in the approach to Ukraine, said Trump “doesn’t give a shit” about corruption in the country, the stated reason for pressuring Zelenskiy.

Advertisement

“We do care about the substance of it,” Carlson said. “And the substance of it is that Trump, for all of his sins and I will concede some of them, has never taken close to a million dollars a year from a Ukrainian energy company to do nothing because his dad is the vice-president. So, Hunter Biden did.”

The son of Joe Biden, the former vice-president who is a frontrunner to face Trump at the polls next year, had a board position at a Ukrainian energy company. There is no suggestion he or his father did anything illegal.

“I actually like Hunter Biden,” Carlson continued, “but that’s totally corrupt and you know it. Why is it worse to ask about it than do it?”

Goldstein said: “Because people are dying on the frontlines.”

Laughing, Carlson said: “Why do I care, why do I care what is going on in the conflict between Ukraine and Russia? And I’m serious. Why do I care? Why shouldn’t I root for Russia, which I am.”

Because, Goldstein said, “preserving democracy is important”.

“I don’t care!” Carlson said.

By the end of his show it seemed he did, as he said: “Before we go, earlier … I noted, I was rooting for Russia in the contest between Russia and Ukraine. Of course I’m joking, I’m only rooting for America.”

The “I was only joking” defence has been used extensively by Trump or by Republicans defending his more outrageous claims: about asking Russia to hack Clinton’s emails, for example, and about asking China to investigate the Bidens.

OK, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom