• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NewsFlash! Republicans do not care about you.

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Wilbur Ross doesn't 'quite understand' why furloughed workers are going to homeless shelters to get food

But, they will be happy to lend you money. :lamo

Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross says he doesn't "really quite understand why" federal workers who have missed paychecks due to the partial government shutdown don't just take out loans to cover the gap.

When asked in a CNBC interview on Thursday about reports that federal workers are going to homeless shelters or seeking food assistance, the billionaire investor said: "Well, I know they are and I don't really quite understand why, because as I mentioned before, the obligations that they would undertake, say borrowing from a bank or a credit union, are in effect federally guaranteed, so the 30 days of pay that some people will be out is no real reason why they shouldn't be able to get a loan against it."

You just cannot make this **** up. No one would believe it.

If you think either of the parties care about us, you're an idiot. We're less than pawns for their political games.

If you think either of the parties care about us, you're an idiot. We're less than pawns for their political games.

I think it wavers at times, but Dems have a much better record in caring about the middle class than Reps. Much better.

now now, you all were whistling a totally different tune when y'all pushed the ***** grabber onto the nation. He was the Messiah, the man of the people. We told you all he was full of ****. But, you all insisted you knew better.

He’s not wrong. It’s actually quite sickening these federal workers live off of the taxpayer and instead of using their savings or getting another job they take food meant for the needy

Uh, they have jobs. Are you suggesting all furloughed workers quit?

Now, that would be Trumpian.

He’s not wrong. It’s actually quite sickening these federal workers live off of the taxpayer and instead of using their savings or getting another job they take food meant for the needy

You should run for office.

Uh, they have jobs. Are you suggesting all furloughed workers quit?

Now, that would be Trumpian.

If I could fire federal employees myself I’d can 90% of them
Most of their functions can be assumed by state governments or privatized

If those federal workers took your advice and got another job instead of taking taxpayer money, every airport in America would shut down. How do you think that would affect the economy?

If those federal workers took your advice and got another job instead of taking taxpayer money, every airport in America would shut down. How do you think that would affect the economy?

Temporarily, it would cause such a disruption that the airlines would demand security and air traffic control be privatized. There’s no reason air carriers can’t fund ATC themselves, Canada already does this with user fees paid by pilots and carriers. Airports can hire their own security, the US government only needs to provide customs officers for those airports with international flights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you wouldn't even have to run because as we already know, you don't believe in democracy.
You'd get there by force and that's why you wouldn't even care if Twumpy crowned himself.

EXHIBIT A

Well sure if that’s how you define banana republic then keep the bananas coming. If we were turned into an absolutely monarchy with King Donald I I’d be perfectly happy since he’s so far doing a good job governing despite the totally crap allegations he’s being subjected to

Nobody and I do mean NOBODY should ever take anything you say about politics seriously.

Temporarily, it would cause such a disruption that the airlines would demand security and air traffic control be privatized. There’s no reason air carriers can’t fund ATC themselves, Canada already does this with user fees paid by pilots and carriers. Airports can hire their own security, the US government only needs to provide customs officers for those airports with international flights

I don't think you would want the NAV Canada model.
It's a NONPROFIT.

How very UNAMERICAN of them!

They advertised Credit Unions nationwide willing to give interest free loans to federal employees. So he is correct.

And you think that they'll be willing to do that again for the next seventeen shutdowns Trump has planned, or for the duration of the even bigger "NATIONAL EMERGENCY" that will happen once a few airplanes crash and trigger a brand new 9/11 of President Stephen Miller's own design?

Or do you realize that this might just be a one-off and they're probably going to cap the number of employees who can take advantage once they realize it's going to be a tsunami of them applying in another few weeks?

Even credit unions cannot overextend themselves, they're not even allowed to as much as banks are.

It is absolutely incredible the lengths to which people like you will go to NORMALIZE Trump's shutdown.

I don’t care.

We know, you don't care about much.
That's obvious. You don't even care about democracy.
The only reason you hang around here is because you think you're "sticking it to dah libtards".

And you think that they'll be willing to do that again for the next seventeen shutdowns Trump has planned, or for the duration of the even bigger "NATIONAL EMERGENCY" that will happen once a few airplanes crash and trigger a brand new 9/11 of President Stephen Miller's own design?

Or do you realize that this might just be a one-off and they're probably going to cap the number of employees who can take advantage once they realize it's going to be a tsunami of them applying in another few weeks?

Even credit unions cannot overextend themselves, they're not even allowed to as much as banks are.

It is absolutely incredible the lengths to which people like you will go to NORMALIZE Trump's shutdown.
You spend to much time in conspiracy theories. They're rotting your brain.

Not a very well thought out statement. How would the States pay for it? What part would you privatize?

Wilbur Ross doesn't 'quite understand' why furloughed workers are going to homeless shelters to get food

But, they will be happy to lend you money. :lamo

You just cannot make this **** up. No one would believe it.

When I heard Ross' remarks, I knew immediately that it's no coincidence that his remarks appeared in concert with Mulvaney's "we may be looking at no growth" comment:
  • Taking out those loans isn't nearly as optically detrimental as is government employees standing in line at food banks.
  • Taking out loans has the long-run impact of boosting banking sector revenue.
  • To the extent banks lend workers money, banks "finance" the shutdown. Their doing so has the effect of reducing the $1.2B per week negative hit to GDP growth that, sans those loans, will hasten the country's "race to recession" that is inevitable anyway but that the Admin has been hoping to stave off until after the 2020 election. (Inside the Admin., it's well understood that Trump's presidency hangs by one thin thread: the economy. If that falters, GOP elected leaders will have no reason to stand by him. After all, nobody who matters is ignorant of the fact that Trump promised to eliminate a $19T debt in eight years and all he's done is boost it by $2T.)

That is YOUR stock answer when someone takes away your Milk Bones.

WOOF.
Just when someone make shat up, has no evidence, and then uses that strawman to justify their crazy thoughts.

You spend to much time in conspiracy theories. They're rotting your brain.

You don't want errant aircraft wandering around willy nilly when there's five thousand of them aloft at any given moment.
Without enough ATC resources, already stretched to the limit before the shut-show, those errant aircraft tend to start behaving more like errant Russian space junk, trajectory-wise.
You just never know where one of them might end up.
Oh wait, did I just give away Donald Trump's secret plan, something to do with errant airplanes crashing into something?

Ohhhhhhh SNAP!!!!

You don't want errant aircraft wandering around willy nilly when there's five thousand of them aloft at any given moment.
Without enough ATC resources, already stretched to the limit before the shut-show, those errant aircraft tend to start behaving more like errant Russian space junk, trajectory-wise.
You just never know where one of them might end up.
Oh wait, did I just give away Donald Trump's secret plan, something to do with errant airplanes crashing into something?

Ohhhhhhh SNAP!!!!

Oh yes, your so woke

Back
Top Bottom