• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newsbusters Whines About Katie Couric "Obama Has Enough Stress to Last a Lifetime"

Re: Newsbusters Whines About Katie Couric "Obama Has Enough Stress to Last a Lifetim

What's your point here?

Newsbusters simply pointed out how Couric expressed sympathy and concern for all the stress that Obama must be under, and how it might be negatively effecting him. Then she suggests that the president should leave his worries behind on the night of his birthday, and instead of stressing, do something that he loves.

Since Newsbusters is a website that is dedicated to exposing the subtle, and not so subtle examples of the predominant liberal bias that exists throughout the main stream media in America, it makes that particular story a relevant one. There is nothing wrong with Couric expressing concern about the level of stress that the president is likely under these days, but did she also publicly express such concerns for president Bush when he was in office? To my knowledge, she did not, and when you consider that Newsbusters (a website created by the Media Research Center) likely has transcripts of every word Couric has written or uttered publicly in the last 10 or 15 years, it's a safe bet that she didn't.

What stands out the most about what Couric wrote, was her hope that Obama would be able to "take a break" the night of his birthday and quote "forget his troubles and spend time doing something he loves". This suggestion to a man that has "taken a break" and done "something he loves" by playing over 40 rounds of golf in the relatively short 18 months he's been in office. Once again I have to also point out, that I don't recall Couric or anyone else in the main stream media ever showing President Bush such compassion, or ever suggesting that he should take a break and get away from it all. In fact, when it comes to playing golf or taking a break and getting away from Washington, the press routinely criticized him when he did so. So much in fact, that he ended up having to give up golfing the last 5 or 6 years he was in office.

Liberal bias anyone?

Re: Newsbusters Whines About Katie Couric "Obama Has Enough Stress to Last a Lifetim

What's your point here?

Newsbusters simply pointed out how Couric expressed sympathy and concern for all the stress that Obama must be under, and how it might be negatively effecting him. Then she suggests that the president should leave his worries behind on the night of his birthday, and instead of stressing, do something that he loves.

Since Newsbusters is a website that is dedicated to exposing the subtle, and not so subtle examples of the predominant liberal bias that exists throughout the main stream media in America, it makes that particular story a relevant one. There is nothing wrong with Couric expressing concern about the level of stress that the president is likely under these days, but did she also publicly express such concerns for president Bush when he was in office? To my knowledge, she did not, and when you consider that Newsbusters (a website created by the Media Research Center) likely has transcripts of every word Couric has written or uttered publicly in the last 10 or 15 years, it's a safe bet that she didn't.

What stands out the most about what Couric wrote, was her hope that Obama would be able to "take a break" the night of his birthday and quote "forget his troubles and spend time doing something he loves". This suggestion to a man that has "taken a break" and done "something he loves" by playing over 40 rounds of golf in the relatively short 18 months he's been in office. Once again I have to also point out, that I don't recall Couric or anyone else in the main stream media ever showing President Bush such compassion, or ever suggesting that he should take a break and get away from it all. In fact, when it comes to playing golf or taking a break and getting away from Washington, the press routinely criticized him when he did so. So much in fact, that he ended up having to give up golfing the last 5 or 6 years he was in office.

Liberal bias anyone?

1% substance, 99% over-analysis, 100% wasted time

I find people who use Media Matters, but complain about Newsbusters, or vice versa, to be hilarious. They are the same thing, just for opposite sides on the spectrum. Neither is particularly honest or trustworthy.

1% substance, 99% over-analysis, 100% wasted time

Hey, I'm not the one who started this thread... I just responded.

I find people who use Media Matters, but complain about Newsbusters, or vice versa, to be hilarious. They are the same thing, just for opposite sides on the spectrum. Neither is particularly honest or trustworthy.

It doesn't surprise me that you see no difference between the two websites, even though they are significantly different.

The most glaring difference I see, is that Newsbusters goal is to point out the many instances of liberal bias in the media that take place (many of which I find very insignificant), and don't put any extra focus on any one person or media outlet. Media Matters on the other hand, exists to push the narrative that the conservative media and pundits are liars who's agenda is to misinform the public, who go out of their way to target Fox News and specific individuals. Newsbusters primary concern is exposing media bias, in an effort educate the public on how that bias, both obvious and subtle, has a direct effect of what stories the main stream media chooses to report on, and how it effect the stories they do cover. They are not in the business of launching personal attacks (but on occasion have), nor is it their goal to try and destroy certain media outlets, or a particular individuals credibility. With Media Matters, it's obvious that their goals are to 1) destroy the credibility of Fox news and convince the public that they are not a legitimate news organization, and 2) do everything in their power to silence critics of the progressive movement by attacking their credibility, and destroying their careers. They have demonstrated that they are more than willing to employ dishonesty, manipulate the facts, and use deception in order to mislead the public into buying into their narrative.

In short, Newsbusters educates the public on the existence of, as well as the extent of, liberal bias in the main stream media... While Media Matters is nothing more than a politically advocacy website, who's goal is to attack, discredit, and eventually silence Fox News and anyone in the media that opposes the progressive, liberal agenda.

In other words, Newsbusters wants a balance of both sides represented in the news media, while Media Matters only wants their side represented.

It doesn't surprise me that you see no difference between the two websites, even though they are significantly different.

The most glaring difference I see, is that Newsbusters goal is to point out the many instances of liberal bias in the media that take place (many of which I find very insignificant), and don't put any extra focus on any one person or media outlet. Media Matters on the other hand, exists to push the narrative that the conservative media and pundits are liars who's agenda is to misinform the public, who go out of their way to target Fox News and specific individuals. Newsbusters primary concern is exposing media bias, in an effort educate the public on how that bias, both obvious and subtle, has a direct effect of what stories the main stream media chooses to report on, and how it effect the stories they do cover. They are not in the business of launching personal attacks (but on occasion have), nor is it their goal to try and destroy certain media outlets, or a particular individuals credibility. With Media Matters, it's obvious that their goals are to 1) destroy the credibility of Fox news and convince the public that they are not a legitimate news organization, and 2) do everything in their power to silence critics of the progressive movement by attacking their credibility, and destroying their careers. They have demonstrated that they are more than willing to employ dishonesty, manipulate the facts, and use deception in order to mislead the public into buying into their narrative.

In short, Newsbusters educates the public on the existence of, as well as the extent of, liberal bias in the main stream media... While Media Matters is nothing more than a politically advocacy website, who's goal is to attack, discredit, and eventually silence Fox News and anyone in the media that opposes the progressive, liberal agenda.

In other words, Newsbusters wants a balance of both sides represented in the news media, while Media Matters only wants their side represented.

Lolz..... no, no. Reddress is right. You're just bull****ting us with boring diatribes.

Uh huh. Newsbusters is trying to save the world while MediaMatters is trying to destroy it. That's the only possible explanation.

The funny part is that you believe this. It's like Birthers/dualers/truthers/flatearthers.

My people are not pissing in the yard, they are fertilizing the lawn, your people on the other hand are clearly pissing in the yard

i have not seen newsbusters issue retractions or corrections. then again, i don't use that site.

What a load of BS that is. My point in the OP is that Newsbusters attempt to show a 'liberal bias' in the media makes them look like a bunch of whiners, which is EXACTLY what they are. Can you imagine two baseball teams playing a game and keeping score for only one team? That's exactly what Newsbusters does.

The media does have a bias, but it's not liberal. Most media today is owned by large mega corporations and is geared to their agenda. $$$

What the SNL skit in the OP and you'll see a depiction of what Newsbusters is.

What a load of BS that is. My point in the OP is that Newsbusters attempt to show a 'liberal bias' in the media makes them look like a bunch of whiners, which is EXACTLY what they are. Can you imagine two baseball teams playing a game and keeping score for only one team? That's exactly what Newsbusters does.

OK, Mr. All-Of-My-Backup-Comes-From-Media-Matters. Redress is quite correct.

No, he's wrong, his response was a knee jerk reaction and he has made that point before.

There is no way in hades that MMfA would complain about what Newsbusters complained about which was referenced in the OP. Unless of course, something was said that was inaccurate. You and Redress are both wrong.

i have not seen newsbusters issue retractions or corrections. then again, i don't use that site.
Not sure I understand. I know MM issues corrections when they report things that are out of context, mistaken, or outright lies, when caught.
Are you saying NB doesn't need to because they are careful to be correct the first time, or they need to but don't?
Sorry, I just don'r get where you are coming from. Maybe I missed something in this thread?

There is no way in hades that MMfA would complain about what Newsbusters complained about which was referenced in the OP. Unless of course, something was said that was inaccurate. You and Redress are both wrong.

That's because Newsbusters is a website that points out liberal media bias, and Media Matters is a "gotcha" attack site.

That's because Newsbusters is a website that points out liberal media bias, and Media Matters is a "gotcha" attack site.
How does Newsbusters point out media bias when they only point out what they perceive as liberal bias and not conservative bias? How does what Couric said about the POTUS say anyting about how the news is presented?

How does Newsbusters point out media bias when they only point out what they perceive as liberal bias and not conservative bias?

:lamo:lamo

Well....... yes AND no. NewsBusted is NOT funny.... NOT entertaining. In fact it is one of the biggest black eyes of the Republican sales media onslaught. If someone wants to point out the foolishness and childlike humor of the right wing.... this is it.
I dont care for both but NewsBusted is by far the most foolish simply because of the horrible delivery of their videos.

:lamo:lamo

You know you are ruining all my liberal street cred(not that I have much left) by saying that.

How does Newsbusters point out media bias when they only point out what they perceive as liberal bias and not conservative bias?

Please read what I wrote again, and if you're lucky, you might just see that I said they point out LIBERAL media bias.

Now if you for some reason decide you don't want to read what I wrote again, then I suggest you go HERE and read how Newsbusters describes themselves.

How does what Couric said about the POTUS say anyting about how the news is presented?

It doesn't... and luckily I never said it did.

You struck out twice on that response... Good job!

You used Media Matters to contradict Newsbusters...That is like countering evil with evil.

Is that not hysterical?

Pete, I don't give a flying flip about Newsbusters. Was never my point.

Please read what I wrote again, and if you're lucky, you might just see that I said they point out LIBERAL media bias.

Now if you for some reason decide you don't want to read what I wrote again, then I suggest you go HERE and read how Newsbusters describes themselves.

It doesn't... and luckily I never said it did.

You struck out twice on that response... Good job!
The term liberal bias is very subjective and open to interpretation. Media Matters doesn't play that game, they document what was said or written and show errors.

You say that Media Matters was a "gotcha" attack site. I suppose you mean what they write is unjustified?

Back
Top Bottom