• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard Dishonestly Crops Video of Harry Reid

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
In an effort to defend Drudge and Breitbart Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard does some creative editing of his own. The following is the exact quote of what Harry Reid said on The Ed Show on MSNBC. The words that I've bolded didn't make on his video.

Sheppard is dishonest and should be fired for this crap.

We were at the top and we've fallen very hard. So people have been hurting, and I understand that, and it doesn't give them comfort or solace for me to tell them, you know, but for me we'd be in a worldwide depression. They want to know what I've done for them, and that's why it's important for me, any chance I get, to say that my number one job is to create jobs.

Ed Schultz Calls Drudge and Breitbart Liars: They Cherry-picked Harry Reid | NewsBusters.org

You honestly believe you have some kind of gotcha thing here, don't you?

In an effort to defend Drudge and Breitbart Newsbusters' Noel Sheppard does some creative editing of his own. The following is the exact quote of what Harry Reid said on The Ed Show on MSNBC. The words that I've bolded didn't make on his video.

Sheppard is dishonest and should be fired for this crap.

Ed Schultz Calls Drudge and Breitbart Liars: They Cherry-picked Harry Reid | NewsBusters.org

We were at the top and we've fallen very hard. So people have been hurting, and I understand that, and it doesn't give them comfort or solace for me to tell them, you know, but for me we'd be in a worldwide depression. They want to know what I've done for them, and that's why it's important for me, any chance I get, to say that my number one job is to create jobs.

What was left off didn't change what he said one bit.
What he said was but for him we'd be in a world wide depression. That's nuts.
Besides, he can't "create" jobs. He could stop pushing legislation that kills jobs though. If he said that, it might be more believable.
Anyway, Thanks Uncle Harry, for saving us from a world wide depression. LOL

Geee... Another attempt by Media Matters to manufacture a controversy. Who didn't see that coming?

lololol

Geee... Another attempt by Media Matters to manufacture a controversy. Who didn't see that coming?

lololol

Bull**** Grim, this didn't come from Media Matters. The fact is that Sheppard cut off Reid's statement midstentence, Sheppard is dishonest. However, I don't expect to see any mea culpa from him.

Wake and smell the coffee.

Bull**** Grim, this didn't come from Media Matters. The fact is that Sheppard cut off Reid's statement midstentence, Sheppard is dishonest. However, I don't expect to see any mea culpa from him.

Wake and smell the coffee.

When something is taken out of context, it changes the meaning of what was said. Then when put in full context, it shed's a new light on it.
The full context here, doesn't change anything.
Uncle Harry thinks he saved us from a global crisis. LOL he must be senile.

When something is taken out of context, it changes the meaning of what was said. Then when put in full context, it shed's a new light on it.
The full context here, doesn't change anything..

If that is true, why did Sheppard cut Reid's words mid sentence? You may take what he said one way and somebody can take it another way. When you take away words, it deprives the listener or reader the full context of what was said.

If that is true, why did Sheppard cut Reid's words mid sentence? You may take what he said one way and somebody can take it another way. When you take away words, it deprives the listener or reader the full context of what was said.

Siiiiiigh . . .

I know this is pointless, but I can't help myself.

What do YOU think is changed about the context of Reid's statement with those extra words in it? What different meaning does it reveal? How does the absence of those words make it seem as though Reid is saying something other than what he really is? Explain it. (Keep in mind you don't have to link to anything in order to do this.)

Siiiiiigh . . .

I know this is pointless, but I can't help myself.

What do YOU think is changed about the context of Reid's statement with those extra words in it? What different meaning does it reveal? How does the absence of those words make it seem as though Reid is saying something other than what he really is? Explain it. (Keep in mind you don't have to link to anything in order to do this.)

It makes him sound like he was responsible for there not being a world wide recession, but that's not at all what he was saying. He was speaking about jobs and the stimulus which he as majority leader help pass along with the othe Democrats. The stimulus helped save jobs and created more. Bottomline is that he was speaking about JOBS and that was lost by cropping out those words.

It makes him sound like he was responsible for there not being a world wide recession, but that's not at all what he was saying. He was speaking about jobs and the stimulus which he as majority leader help pass along with the othe Democrats. The stimulus helped save jobs and created more. Bottomline is that he was speaking about JOBS and that was lost by cropping out those words.

If that were true, which the plain words in the statement show it is NOT, it would make Reid sound like even MORE of an idiot. If that's the way you want it, then be my guest.

And if a Democrat had done this exact thing... you'd say???

You honestly believe you have some kind of gotcha thing here, don't you?

Yeah, he does...

He's pointing out the usual douchebaggery and lies the far-righties around here fall for all the time.

Your masters on Fox and right-wing radio edit and take statements out context all the time. And when we point it out to you, you close your eyes, cover your ears and scream, "Blah, blah, blah, blah.... I can't hear you."

Yeah, he does...

He's pointing out the usual douchebaggery and lies the far-righties around here fall for all the time.

Your masters on Fox and right-wing radio edit and take statements out context all the time. And when we point it out to you, you close your eyes, cover your ears and scream, "Blah, blah, blah, blah.... I can't hear you."

A well-reasoned and temperate response from you, as always.

If that were true, which the plain words in the statement show it is NOT, it would make Reid sound like even MORE of an idiot. If that's the way you want it, then be my guest.

You have a perfect right to interpet his words any way you see fit. However, when his words are cropped out, it limits the listener ability to determine exactly what he said. Some listeners may agree with you and others will not.

You have a perfect right to interpet his words any way you see fit. However, when his words are cropped out, it limits the listener ability to determine exactly what he said. Some listeners may agree with you and others will not.

I "interpret" his words by the plain English meaning of them.

If it is as you say, if he's merely talking about "creating jobs," then he's done an insanely piss-poor job of it and certainly shouldn't be proud of it, and it has nothing to do with staving off a "worldwide depression."

In fact, I'd say, if what YOU say is what he was referring to, cutting those words did him a favor.

But that isn't, of course, what he was referring to; he was not taken out of any relevant context; you're grasping at ridiculous and baffling straws.

I "interpret" his words by the plain English meaning of them.

If it is as you say, if he's merely talking about "creating jobs," then he's done an insanely piss-poor job of it and certainly shouldn't be proud of it, and it has nothing to do with staving off a "worldwide depression."

In fact, I'd say, if what YOU say is what he was referring to, cutting those words did him a favor.

But that isn't, of course, what he was referring to; he was not taken out of any relevant context; you're grasping at ridiculous and baffling straws.

Like i said, its your perfect right to interpret his plain English any way you see fit. I don't care what you think his job was, it irrelevant to the discussion. What is relevant is the Sheppard cropped Reid's words midsentence and it did it for a reason.

Like i said, its your perfect right to interpret his plain English any way you see fit. I don't care what you think his job was, it irrelevant to the discussion. What is relevant is the Sheppard cropped Reid's words midsentence and it did it for a reason.

Where did I say anything about what I thought his job was?

Is it because I pointed out that if what YOU say is correct, and he's talking about creating jobs, he's done a piss-poor "job" of THAT?

Dude, creating jobs is what YOU said he was talking about. It's what YOU think HE thinks his "job" was.

Wow. Just wow.

Where did I say anything about what I thought his job was?

Is it because I pointed out that if what YOU say is correct, and he's talking about creating jobs, he's done a piss-poor "job" of THAT?

Dude, creating jobs is what YOU said he was talking about. It's what YOU think HE thinks his "job" was.

Wow. Just wow.
:kissass ....

What reason was that?

It didn't change the meaning of what he said, so I would say your pissing in the wind here.

What reason was that?

It didn't change the meaning of what he said, so I would say your pissing in the wind here.
Ha, you can say anything your sweet heart desires Grim, I couldn't care less. Ask you buddy Sheppard at Newsbusters why he cropped Reid's words.

:kissass ....

I didn't make you post what you did. If you see that you're trapped in your own words, it's hardly my fault.

pbrauer said:
And if a Democrat had done this exact thing... you'd say???

cricket... cricket.. cricket.....

Back
Top Bottom