• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NEWS ALERT: Pedophobia on the rise.

Totally read that wrong.

Yeah, never heard of this term, but next time I'm pissed I'm gonna' call them a "Pedophobe" to see if I can get a rise out of them! :lamo

I never thought to call it that, but I believe something like this is on the rise, if not as extreme as the cited case. IMO people are developing a general fear of kids as a self-defense mechanism.

Once upon a time adults could express either polite or sincere interest in the antics of juveniles and no one would think the worst of it.

You could see the elderly sitting around together in parks watching kids and thinking back to their own childhoods with either fond memories or regrets. Don't see that much anymore.

Other adults would see a young person who appeared lost and approach to try to see if they could help...that's getting rarer too. Now, they just call the cops to report "kids wandering around without a parent."

I personally avoid other people's children like the plague (and I've noticed this in other adults), barely acknowledging their existence beyond the minimal requirements to avoid rudeness.

Last edited:
It's not an accident that kids tend to be the source of creepiness in most horror movies.

Nah. Forever sounds boring.

I'd rather not spend eternity in a white dress with a machete standing in the middle of a hotel hallway.

Girl, you need to expand your scary movie repertoire.

I'm not a pedophobe in general but I am definitely scared of the girl in that picture.

I never thought to call it that, but I believe something like this is on the rise, if not as extreme as the cited case. IMO people are developing a general fear of kids as a self-defense mechanism.

Once upon a time adults could express either polite or sincere interest in the antics of juveniles and no one would think the worst of it.

You could see the elderly sitting around together in parks watching kids and thinking back to their own childhoods with either fond memories or regrets. Don't see that much anymore.

Other adults would see a young person who appeared lost and approach to try to see if they could help...that's getting rarer too. Now, they just call the cops to report "kids wandering around without a parent."

I personally avoid other people's children like the plague (and I've noticed this in other adults), barely acknowledging their existence beyond the minimal requirements to avoid rudeness.

Cars too. Once upon a time if you noticed someones headlights were on or the interior light were because the door was not closed all the way, you would do the neighborly thing, you take care of it for them so they did not have dead battery in the morning. 1970's lets say.

Later you would not want to get caught touching their car if there was to be any doubt about why you were touching the car, so maybe you go to the door to warn them. We will call this 1990's.

Later you would wonder if maybe you would get shot if you went to the door, or maybe you will just get yelled at, so you walk on by.

Let's call that 2016.

:-(

Cars too. Once upon a time if you noticed someones headlights were on or the interior light were because the door was not closed all the way, you would do the neighborly thing, you take care of it for them so they did not have dead battery in the morning. 1970's lets say.

Later you would not want to get caught touching their car if there was to be any doubt about why you were touching the car, so maybe you go to the door to warn them. We will call this 1990's.

Later you would wonder if maybe you would get shot if you went to the door, or maybe you will just get yelled at, so you walk on by.

Let's call that 2016.

:-(

Yet, crime has plummeted.

Nah. Forever sounds boring.

I'd rather not spend eternity in a white dress with a machete standing at the end of a hotel hallway.

But you wouldn't mind spending some time doing that...

Back
Top Bottom