• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

News about good things in Iraq

disneydude

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Because all the right-wingers on this board constantly whine about the so called "liberal" media only reporting the truth....I mean the "bad news" about things going on in Iraq....I had a great idea....since we are making up stories and planting them in the press in Iraq....lets do the same here. This thread is for us to fabricate stories so that we can talk about all the good things going on in Iraq. I'll get it started:

"Today, the Walt Disney Corporation announced that they are expanding their theme park operations and will build a Disneyland theme park in Iraq. Disney spokeman told reporters 'since this is now the happiest nation on earth due to the invasion, we thought it would only be appropriate to build the happiest place on earth in Iraq'. Details have yet to be announced as a location is just being scouted. However, the Disney spokesman indicated that in addition to several to several standard Disney attractions there will be some small changes. "Its a small world" will be changed to show US foreign policy invading several countries and showing how happy they are that we are there and the "Tiki Tiki room" will now be called the "Tikrit Tikrit room".

Ok....I know that I am in Fantasyland but I felt the urge to satisfy the right-wingers demand for a little good news about Iraq.

Here's an appeaser peace creep's version of good news from Iraq:

"Islamofascists blew up 50 children today."

alphamale said:
Here's an appeaser peace creep's version of good news from Iraq:

"Islamofascists blew up 50 children today."

Could you possibly try and not be annoying, just once?

alphamale said:
My purpose in life is to annoy people like you, hormone bag.
Try not to take it too personally, Vergis. He's been this way ever since he lost his "hormone bag."

Good New in Iraq:

Saddam Hussein in Jail.

Preliminal Government Established.

Ratification of Constitution.

First Iraqi Elections for their own government.

Increases in Iraqi troops.

Iraqi troops now doing alot more of their own fighting.

It took only 3 years to accomplish all of that, how long did WW2 take again? How about the American Revolution?

In the event of an insurgency it was predicted that establishing Iraqi counter insurgency forces viable enough to act unilatterally and defeat the insurgency would take upwards of 8 years they're ahead of the game.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
In the event of an insurgency it was predicted that establishing Iraqi counter insurgency forces viable enough to act unilatterally and defeat the insurgency would take upwards of 8 years they're ahead of the game.

Who predicited that pre-war?

"Five days or five weeks or five months, but it certainly isn't going to last any longer than that,"
Rummy

disneydude said:
Because all the right-wingers on this board constantly whine about the so called "liberal" media only reporting the truth....I mean the "bad news" about things going on in Iraq....I had a great idea....since we are making up stories and planting them in the press in Iraq....lets do the same here. This thread is for us to fabricate stories so that we can talk about all the good things going on in Iraq. I'll get it started:

"Today, the Walt Disney Corporation announced that they are expanding their theme park operations and will build a Disneyland theme park in Iraq. Disney spokeman told reporters 'since this is now the happiest nation on earth due to the invasion, we thought it would only be appropriate to build the happiest place on earth in Iraq'. Details have yet to be announced as a location is just being scouted. However, the Disney spokesman indicated that in addition to several to several standard Disney attractions there will be some small changes. "Its a small world" will be changed to show US foreign policy invading several countries and showing how happy they are that we are there and the "Tiki Tiki room" will now be called the "Tikrit Tikrit room".

Ok....I know that I am in Fantasyland but I felt the urge to satisfy the right-wingers demand for a little good news about Iraq.

The most ironic part of this story is that Fox News could do some "good news" reporting in Iraq if they actually had reporters stationed there. But that would involve actual reporting. :roll:

Fox seems to have well-staffed Aruba bureau, maybe they could pull some correspondents from there.

Good New in Iraq:

Saddam Hussein in Jail.

Preliminal Government Established.

Ratification of Constitution.

First Iraqi Elections for their own government.

Increases in Iraqi troops.

Iraqi troops now doing alot more of their own fighting.

It took only 3 years to accomplish all of that, how long did WW2 take again? How about the American Revolution?

Oh yeah....and of course none of those things were covered by the "liberal media". The fact that they would cover them would indicate that the claim of "liberal media bias" would be a myth....oh wait.....

hipsterdufus said:
The most ironic part of this story is that Fox News could do some "good news" reporting in Iraq if they actually had reporters stationed there.
If your claim is that Fox has no reporters in Iraq, then please supply your source. Thanks.

KCConservative said:
If your claim is that Fox has no reporters in Iraq, then please supply your source. Thanks.
It's well acknowledged (mostly by conservatives) that FNC is a shining beacon of wholesome conservative goodness in the cesspool of biased liberal bullshit that is the mainstream media. Conservatives have been complaining there is no good news coming out of Iraq, citing said liberal bias as the cause. If this is the case, why isn't Fox pumping out more good news to balance out public perceptions of the war in Iraq? (or are they already doing that? I, personally, wouldn't know, 'cuz the only way I'd watch that crap would be if someone rigged me up like in clockwork orange) :shrug:

Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe those riled conservatives are talking about that old cliche...."no news is good news."

Befuddled_Stoner said:
It's well acknowledged (mostly by conservatives) that FNC is a shining beacon of wholesome conservative goodness in the cesspool of biased liberal bullshit that is the mainstream media. Conservatives have been complaining there is no good news coming out of Iraq, citing said liberal bias as the cause. If this is the case, why isn't Fox pumping out more good news to balance out public perceptions of the war in Iraq? (or are they already doing that? I, personally, wouldn't know, 'cuz the only way I'd watch that crap would be if someone rigged me up like in clockwork orange) *shrug*

Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe those riled conservatives are talking about that old cliche...."no news is good news."

Interesting, but this was the question:

Originally Posted by KCConservative

I kinda meant that there would be no intimation that Fox has no reporters in Iraq if they were reporting on the good news occuring there. Assuming that they aren't doing so already (because my stoner *** is too lazy to actually verify this), then one could conclude either a.) there is no good news in Iraq or b.) Fox has no reporters in Iraq

Befuddled_Stoner said:
I kinda meant that there would be no intimation that Fox has no reporters in Iraq if they were reporting on the good news occuring there. Assuming that they aren't doing so already (because my stoner *** is too lazy to actually verify this), then one could conclude either a.) there is no good news in Iraq or b.) Fox has no reporters in Iraq
No source. False claim. Got it.

32,000 Iraqis evacuated the cities and moved into tent cities. Good news for tent makers I guess?

disneydude said:
since we are making up stories and planting them in the press in Iraq....lets do the same here. .

Do you have any credible links/sources to support your claim that stories are being made up and planted into the Iraqi Press?

You're actually comparing the war in Iraq to WW2?

jamesrage said:
This link says nothing about bogus stories

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10272171/

This one is basic propaganda warfare to help the war effort.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/25/AR2006032500983_4.html

Of course I imagine that since you are liberal you automaticly want our Soldeirs and Marines to loose.

Planting propaganda in the media is a good way to promote democratic principles to the Iraqis I suppose. I thought the war was over?

scottyz said:
Planting propaganda in the media is a good way to promote democratic principles to the Iraqis I suppose.

Then why talk about it as though it was something negative?
I thought the war was over?

If it was not for the insergeants and terrorist murdering policemen and blowig up mosques I would beleave there was no war in Iraq.Iraq is war zone,too bad they are dealing with the insurgeants and terrorist as though this was war.They should be tying the insurgeants and terrorist to poles and putting a bullet in their heads and leaving them out there for everyone to see,instead of worrying about giving them trials,this is war not a police action.In war you got to make your enemy fear you,They should be rounding up every terrorist and insurgeant in Iraq and tie them to a pole and shot them in the head,This is war,not the girl scouts, not some degenerate hippy anit-military march.

jamesrage said:
They should be tying the insurgeants and terrorist to poles and putting a bullet in their heads and leaving them out there for everyone to see,instead of worrying about giving them trials,this is war not a police action.In war you got to make your enemy fear you,They should be rounding up every terrorist and insurgeant in Iraq and tie them to a pole and shot them in the head,This is war,not the girl scouts, not some degenerate hippy anit-military march.

I'm not so sure that'd work, since many of the terrorists think they're fighting for God and such.

afr0byte said:
I'm not so sure that'd work, since many of the terrorists think they're fighting for God and such.

We can shove a piece of bacon in their mouth and duck tape their mouths shut before shooting them in the forehead.Besides it would be a quick way of eliminating these terrorist and insurgeants.

Back
Top Bottom