• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

News about good things in Iraq

PeteEU said:
Fox does have reporters in Iraq.. well in the Green Zone. They are often used by the Murdoch owned news station in Europe Sky News...

And people had not heard about the planting of stories in Iraqi newspapers? Was all over the news over here in Nov/Dec 2005.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printed...0,1,3365667.story?coll=la-headlines-frontpage

I have heard some liberals refer to these military journalist that print and write real stories as fake journalist.What is your thoughts on this?

jamesrage said:
I have heard some liberals refer to these military journalist that print and write real stories as fake journalist.What is your thoughts on this?

If they don't mention that they're military it could be seen as a bad journalism practice.

KCConservative said:
Interesting, but this was the question:

Originally Posted by KCConservative
If your claim is that Fox has no reporters in Iraq, then please supply your source. Thanks.

You're asking me to prove a negative.

I may be mistaken on this, but I do not believe that Fox has a correspondent stationed in Iraq. I've seen Ollie North and Geraldo pop in and out on occasion, but other than that, I don't know of a regular reporter who submits stories on Iraq from Fox.

foxnewsbingo.gif

Here's some good news from Fox on the war in Iraq, courtesy of Bill Maher:

Among today's dead:
No one you know

School's open today-
Bomb making schools but it's a start

Headless body found with winning lottery ticket

Iraqi couples giving birth to "curfew babies"

37 Sunnis found shot in the head in harmless hunting accident

Paris Hilton "Sure I'd #### an Iraqi!"

Foreign Fighters Pouring Into Iraq.
But at least they're not Mexicans.

hipsterdufus said:

I may be mistaken on this, but I do not believe that Fox has a correspondent stationed in Iraq. I've seen Ollie North and Geraldo pop in and out on occasion, but other than that, I don't know of a regular reporter who submits stories on Iraq from Fox.

Well that's one of the negatives which you are able to prove or disprove, if someone asks you to prove that that there isn't a person in the room next door all you have to do is go in the room and show them that the room is empty.

Watch:

During the 2003 Iraq War, as an "embedded journalist" with U.S. forces in Iraq, he drew a map in the sand during a live broadcast on the Fox News Channel, which the Pentagon felt revealed potentially damaging strategic information. The Pentagon announced that they were forcing him out of Iraq; two days later Rivera announced that henceforth and voluntarily he would be reporting on the Iraq conflict from Kuwait. The Daily Show jokingly (yet correctly) pointed out that he was only the fourth person that the Department of Defense had said must leave Iraq - the other three being Saddam Hussein and his two sons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geraldo_Rivera

You see I just disproved that negative.

Last edited:
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Well that's one of the negatives which you are able to prove or disprove, if someone asks you to prove that that there isn't a person in the room next door all you have to do is go in the room and show them that the room is empty.

Watch:

You see I just disproved that negative.

I've seen Geralod there in the past, ok 2003. Is he, or anyone from Fox there now?

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
At least one:

Editor's note: FOX News anchor Bill Hemmer is reporting from Iraq. His broadcasts can be seen at 12 p.m. ET, 9 a.m. PT.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,189147,00.html

In all seriousness that's a good thing. I liked Hemmer when he was at CNN, and he did some good lournalistic reporting. This is a recent change for Fox in having a correspondent based there. I couldn't see from this story if it's a full-time assignment or a short-term thing.

The stories are in the "red zone" - that's where any good journalist should be.

From a March 21, 2006 story.

This is Hemmer's first Iraq trip since 2003, after the capture of Saddam Hussein, when he was with CNN. He reported from Kuwait at the start of the war and from Afghanistan before that.

Hemmer's main focus this week is the Americans the ground, and that's why he's at Camp Fallujah.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=409854

hipsterdufus said:

I don't care if it's a negatine, it's still your claim. 'd like to see you support it. And you are correct, you just may be mistaken.

KCConservative said:
I don't care if it's a negatine, it's still your claim. 'd like to see you support it. And you are correct, you just may be mistaken.

So how many journalists does Fox have in their bureau overseas? In Iraq? In the Red zone?

hipsterdufus said:
So how many journalists does Fox have in their bureau overseas? In Iraq? In the Red zone?

Like I said atleast one, how many does CNN have? I heard that the majority of the negative news getting reported out of Iraq is made up by people who don't even leave the hotel balcony, the good news is coming from the embedded reporters, I wonder why that is?

Back
Top Bottom