• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newly unearthed video shows Trump ‘meeting with Russians in Moscow in 1995’ over 'building project'

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
70 year old men, do not change.

The former mayor of Moscow has confirmed Donald Trump met with officials in Russia in the 1990s to discuss a possible building project after archival footage of the meeting was posted online.

Newly unearthed video shows Trump ‘meeting with Russians in Moscow in 1995’ over 'building project'

Let's see if the Trump Cult members here can use some critical thinking for once and not automatically defend the President. While this is not the Trump Tower Moscow building that is a target in the Mueller investigation. It gives insight into another business dealing that Trump had in Russia a decade prior to that particular project which officially began in 2005.

So the question remains, why did Trump lie about his business dealings with Russia if they were all "very legal and very cool?"

So if you are keeping track. That's two projects Trump had in Russia that we knew about (and he went there, like a lot).

1995? Really? :lamo

Let's see if the Trump Cult members here can use some critical thinking for once and not automatically defend the President. While this is not the Trump Tower Moscow building that is a target in the Mueller investigation. It gives insight into another business dealing that Trump had in Russia a decade prior to that particular project which officially began in 2005.

So the question remains, why did Trump lie about his business dealings with Russia if they were all "very legal and very cool?"

So if you are keeping track. That's two projects Trump had in Russia that we knew about (and he went there, like a lot).

Soooo..

Mr Trump’s reported meeting with Moscow officials in 1995 and the newly-unearthed footage does not show any clear wrongdoing on the part of the president.

I know nothing about Russia,” Mr Trump said during the second presidential debate against Hillary Clinton. “I don’t deal there.” He also previously told CBS4 in 2016, “I have nothing to do with Russia. I don’t have any jobs in Russia. I’m all over the world but we’re not involved in Russia.” And again, in 2017, the president reiterated those claims in a tweet: “Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!”

So he went to Moscow in 1995 after announcing he wanted to invest there...and did not apparently end up investing there.

Now we see he states in 2016 "I have" (present tense), not "I have never had" (past tense); and "I don't have" (present tense) not "I didn't have" (past tense), etc. etc.

Trump has been to Russia, last time in 2013 for the Miss Universe contest. No secret there.

The President was stating factually that at the time of his campaign he did not have any interests in Russia. No lies as far as I can see....at least not in this story anyway. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
1995? Really? :lamo

OK so that's one person who didn't read the first sentence in the OP. Will the others continue the pattern of willful ignorance and denial?

Couldn't you have found something less dumb to make a post about? Trump did deals all over the world. It's called international business.

OK so that's one person who didn't read the first sentence in the OP. Will the others continue the pattern of willful ignorance and denial?

Are you admitting that the OP is flame bait?

Soooo..

So he went to Moscow in 1995 after announcing he wanted to invest there...and did not apparently end up investing there.

Now we see he states in 2016 "I have" (present tense) not "I have never had" (past tense); and "I don't have" (present tense) not "I didn't have" (past tense), etc. etc.

The President was stating factually that at the time of his campaign he did not have any interests in Russia. No lies as far as I can see....at least not in this story anyway. :coffeepap:

OK so that's two people who didn't read the first sentence in the OP. Will the others continue the pattern of willful ignorance and denial?

Let me ask you this? Do you do have any evidence that backs up the notion you are insisting that Trump actually changed his business habits after he became President and/or during the election?

Because from what I can see: Going golfing, promoting his businesses, promoting his friends businesses, fleecing gov't workers and secret service by charging them to stay at his clubs, holding $10,000+ plate dinners at mar-a-lago where members can pay to influence the President, having campaign rallies, having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP fundraising, NRA Fundraising, lifting sanctions on his Russian buddies' businesses, hiding money in the inauguration fund, paying off Stormy Daniels, GoFundTheWall, and The Trump Foundation it sounds like he is getting rich off his Presidency (More likely paying off mountains of debt in questionable no so legal and no so cool manners). So now that you have my evidence, what's yours that he suddenly became a statesman in 2015?

Last edited:
Couldn't you have found something less dumb to make a post about? Trump did deals all over the world. It's called international business.

At least I read the article.
“I know nothing about Russia,” Mr Trump said during the second presidential debate against Hillary Clinton. “I don’t deal there.”

He used clickbait as well. Using the word "unearthed."

• July 26, 2016:
    • "I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."
  • July 26, 2016:
    • "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia."
  • Oct. 6, 2016:
    • During the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."
  • Oct. 24, 2016:
    • "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • Trump tells reporters that he has "no deals that could happen in Russia because we've stayed away."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!."
  • Feb. 7, 2017:
    • "I don't know Putin, have no deals in Russia."
  • May 11, 2017:
    • "I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant -- which I owned for quite a while -- I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia."
Maybe his dementia kicked in, thus accounting for why/how he forgot to mention the deal he sought in the 1990s....

Maybe he meant deals that didn't fall through as opposed to deals he attempted to bring to fruition; however, if that's what he meant, it sure is equivocal, "splitting hairs," given that anyone in their right mind knows damn well the temporal context of what Trump was repeatedly asked about the whole of his business career. I mean really, who among us in the "real world" forbears such puerility from others? I dare say none of us. His presuming that attesting to a strict technicality is tantamount to one's child, in response to "did you hit your brother yesterday," answering "no" because it was actually today that the child did so, and one accepting that "no" as a truthful response.

It wouldn't have cost him a thing, provided there were no "shady" or illegal aspects involved, to have said he attempted execute the Trump Tower Moscow deal and the 1995 Moscow project, but instead of just saying so, he committed lies of omission regarding both. The only "rational" reason for him to have demurred mentioning both is his thinking there was something afoul afoot with each of them.

• July 26, 2016:
    • "I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."
  • July 26, 2016:
    • "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia."
  • Oct. 6, 2016:
    • During the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."
  • Oct. 24, 2016:
    • "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • Trump tells reporters that he has "no deals that could happen in Russia because we've stayed away."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!."
  • Feb. 7, 2017:
    • "I don't know Putin, have no deals in Russia."
  • May 11, 2017:
    • "I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant -- which I owned for quite a while -- I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia."
Maybe his dementia kicked in, thus accounting for why/how he forgot to mention the deal he sought in the 1990s....

Maybe he meant deals that didn't fall through as opposed to deals he attempted to bring to fruition; however, if that's what he meant, it sure is equivocal, "splitting hairs," given that anyone in their right mind knows damn well the temporal context of what Trump was repeatedly asked about the whole of his business career. I mean really, who among us in the "real world" forbears such puerility from others? I dare say none of us. His presuming that attesting to a strict technicality is tantamount to one's child, in response to "did you hit your brother yesterday," answering "no" because it was actually today that the child did so, and one accepting that "no" as a truthful response.

It wouldn't have cost him a thing, provided there were no "shady" or illegal aspects involved, to have said he attempted execute the Trump Tower Moscow deal and the 1995 Moscow project, but instead of just saying so, he committed lies of omission regarding both. The only "rational" reason for him to have demurred mentioning both is his thinking there was something afoul afoot with each of them.

I mean I thought I spelled it out pretty well, but Cult45 on DP still aren't getting it. Maybe this will help? Especially the last paragraph linked with the denials.

Defend him on what? A meeting almost twenty-five years ago? What's your point?

I mean I thought I spelled it out pretty well, but Cult45 on DP still aren't getting it. Maybe this will help? Especially the last paragraph linked with the denials.
Red:
One can hope, but I wouldn't advise one to hold one's breath while doing so.

Soooo..

Now we see he states in 2016 "I have" (present tense), not "I have never had" (past tense); and "I don't have" (present tense) not "I didn't have" (past tense), etc. etc.

Trump has been to Russia, last time in 2013 for the Miss Universe contest. No secret there.

Stop being so factual and logical, it'll confuse the hell out of our Trumpophobe friends.

Soooo..

The President did not factually state the status of his business interests in Russia at the time of the campaign. He lied to the American people for months.

1. July 26, 2016: "I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia," Trump tells CBS4.

2. July 26, 2016: "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia," Trump tweets.

3. Oct. 6, 2016: During the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."

4. Oct. 24, 2016: "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement," Trump says at a campaign rally.

What on Earth is wrong with you guys suffering from TDS? International businessmen do business with other countries.

The first sentence is just as crappy as the rest of the OP.

OK...so followup question. Did he have a deal?

Your questions and one-liners are diving into pitiful apdst territory. This topic is for people who would like to discuss the topic of the unchanging behavior of a Russia-lover. You appear to not be up to speed on the topic since you continue asking basic pointless questions.

Back
Top Bottom