• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newly unearthed video shows Trump ‘meeting with Russians in Moscow in 1995’ over 'building project'

OK so that's two people who didn't read the first sentence in the OP. Will the others continue the pattern of willful ignorance and denial?

Let me ask you this? Do you do have any evidence that backs up the notion you are insisting that Trump actually changed his business habits after he became President and/or during the election?
Changed WHAT "business habits? Investigating opportunities and meeting with people. HORRORS! HE MET with someone 25 years ago. He continued holding meetings and investigating possible opportunities.
NeverTrump said:
Because from what I can see: Going golfing, promoting his businesses, promoting his friends businesses, fleecing gov't workers and secret service by charging them to stay at his clubs, holding $10,000+ plate dinners at mar-a-lago where members can pay to influence the President, having campaign rallies, having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP fundraising, NRA Fundraising, lifting sanctions on his Russian buddies' businesses, hiding money in the inauguration fund, paying off Stormy Daniels, GoFundTheWall, and The Trump Foundation it sounds like he is getting rich off his Presidency (More likely paying off mountains of debt in questionable no so legal and no so cool manners). So now that you have my evidence, what's yours that he suddenly became a statesman in 2015?
So, you got nothing but a long rambling flow of verbal diarrhea.

Your questions and one-liners are diving into pitiful apdst territory. This topic is for people who would like to discuss the topic of the unchanging behavior of a Russia-lover. You appear to not be up to speed on the topic since you continue asking basic pointless questions.

No, no, no....you seem to be confused. The question was, "Did he have a deal?", which is a "yes" or "no" question. So answer the question.

Changed WHAT "business habits? Investigating opportunities and meeting with people. HORRORS! HE MET with someone 25 years ago. He continued holding meetings and investigating possible opportunities.
So, you got nothing but a long rambling flow of verbal diarrhea.

You guys are still defending that there is no Russian collusion right? The video from the 1990s shows that Trump has had Russian interests and investments. Add another trip to Russia in the 90s for Team Trump. This is what's called circumstantial evidence.

Now, why would he suddenly stop building Moscow Trump Tower just b/c he was running for President? Why would he stop meeting with business people, even though he was supposed to? Why wouldn't he put his businesses in a blind Trust like Romney did?

I think Russia has been teasing Trump since the 1980s. Trump is in debt and they keep promising him amazing fantastic deals but at the last minute they pull out b/c they know all of Trumps dirty secrets. Otherwise, why does he go to Russia so much and lie about it? Why did he lie about two Russia projects while he was campaigning at his rallies, which you probably watched?

We are desperate need of a remedial reading class for conservatives.
LOL it's hard to read when you're alternatively laughing so hard your eyes are filled with tears and you're rrolling your eyes over what liberals pose as facts.

No, no, no....you seem to be confused. The question was, "Did he have a deal?", which is a "yes" or "no" question. So answer the question.

The great international businessman did not get a deal with his Russian lovers. It does beg the question why, wouldn't you say? Is he a crappy business man or is Russia playing him like a fool? That may or may not be a trick question :mrgreen:

LOL it's hard to read when you're alternatively laughing so hard your eyes are filled with tears and you're rrolling your eyes over what liberals pose as facts.

I haven't seen you post any facts and your two line pitiful denials aren't facts.

What on Earth is wrong with you guys suffering from TDS? International businessmen do business with other countries.

That would have been fine, but he lied to the American people about it and withheld his tax returns. Having a material business interest with a former enemy and current adversary of America would be a material omission of pertinent facts. In essence, he committed fraud on the American voter. He deserves to be run FROM office.

Last edited:
What on Earth is wrong with you guys suffering from TDS? International businessmen do business with other countries.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But when an international businessman who is running for President lies to the American electorate about the extent of his business interests in a long time adversarial state such as Russia. That is wrong. That is information the electorate deserves to have in order to make an informed decision upon casting their votes. Even worse is that adversarial state knows that this businessman/Presidential candidate lied and that makes Presidential candidate susceptible to being compromised by that adversarial state.

And there is nothing wrong with that. But when an international businessman who is running for President lies to the American electorate about the extent of his business interests in a long time adversarial state such as Russia. That is wrong. That is information the electorate deserves to have in order to make an informed decision upon casting their votes. Even worse is that adversarial state knows that this businessman/Presidential candidate lied and that makes Presidential candidate susceptible to being compromised by that adversarial state.

He lied because he knew you lefties would make a mountain out of a mole hill. And, he was right.

Nothing funny about it. Those are the facts. Those are his words. Are you denying that he said those things?

• July 26, 2016:
    • "I mean, I have nothing to do with Russia. I don't have any jobs in Russia. I'm all over the world but we're not involved in Russia."
  • July 26, 2016:
    • "For the record, I have ZERO investments in Russia."
  • Oct. 6, 2016:
    • During the second presidential debate, Hillary Clinton says Russia is trying to help elect Trump, "maybe because he wants to do business in Moscow." Trump calls this assessment "so ridiculous," adding, "I know nothing about Russia ... I don't deal there."
  • Oct. 24, 2016:
    • "I have nothing to do with Russia folks, I'll give you a written statement."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • Trump tells reporters that he has "no deals that could happen in Russia because we've stayed away."
  • Jan. 11, 2017:
    • "Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!."
  • Feb. 7, 2017:
    • "I don't know Putin, have no deals in Russia."
  • May 11, 2017:
    • "I have had dealings over the years where I sold a house to a very wealthy Russian many years ago. I had the Miss Universe pageant -- which I owned for quite a while -- I had it in Moscow a long time ago. But other than that, I have nothing to do with Russia."
Maybe his dementia kicked in, thus accounting for why/how he forgot to mention the deal he sought in the 1990s....

Maybe he meant deals that didn't fall through as opposed to deals he attempted to bring to fruition; however, if that's what he meant, it sure is equivocal, "splitting hairs," given that anyone in their right mind knows damn well the temporal context of what Trump was repeatedly asked about the whole of his business career. I mean really, who among us in the "real world" forbears such puerility from others? I dare say none of us. His presuming that attesting to a strict technicality is tantamount to one's child, in response to "did you hit your brother yesterday," answering "no" because it was actually today that the child did so, and one accepting that "no" as a truthful response.

It wouldn't have cost him a thing, provided there were no "shady" or illegal aspects involved, to have said he attempted execute the Trump Tower Moscow deal and the 1995 Moscow project, but instead of just saying so, he committed lies of omission regarding both. The only "rational" reason for him to have demurred mentioning both is his thinking there was something afoul afoot with each of them.
As someone who is fastidious about proper language you breeze right by the obvious point made early that each of your links are spoken in the present tense, with the exception of the Miss Universe comment where he admits "I've had dealings there over the years . . .", which shows he is capable of using verbal tenses. Then you totally destroy your authority with a total throwaway comment about his "dementia". Not your best work.

He lied because he knew you lefties would make a mountain out of a mole hill. And, he was right.

Really? He always screams witch hunt whenever a witch is found. He's not the genius you are looking for. Also, The President should be above petty politics and at least admit wrong-doing...

LOL! Oh so now it's our fault he lied. How deluded can you get?

Apple sells phones in Russia, those dirty a-holes!

Apple has never lied about that either. It appears that Apple is not trying to hide anything.

Nothing funny about it. Those are the facts. Those are his words. Are you denying that he said those things?
Not at all, what's funny as hell is you guys full-fledged scream-fest over twenty-five year old "news". Take an English course, learn the difference been "I have" and "I had".

Not at all, what's funny as hell is you guys full-fledged scream-fest over twenty-five year old "news". Take an English course, learn the difference been "I have" and "I had".

Dude, he just lifted sanctions on a Russian oligarch before fixing the mess at the border and even before he built the wall. Russia is where his priorities lie. That is an indisputable fact.

I haven't seen you post any facts and your two line pitiful denials aren't facts.
Are you purposefully putting up this clueless front? There was no "deal" in 1995, as Trump has said. There was no Trump Tower deal - as the Trump said. He did deal with Russians for Miss Universe contest - as he said. Those are facts.

The great international businessman did not get a deal with his Russian lovers. It does beg the question why, wouldn't you say? Is he a crappy business man or is Russia playing him like a fool? That may or may not be a trick question :mrgreen:

So you finally admit he didn't have a deal, therefore his previously quoted statement, that you provide, remains true.

Apple has never lied about that either. It appears that Apple is not trying to hide anything.

Neither did Trump. In case you missed it, there was no deal made, only an attempt. Thanks for highlighting Trump's accurate statements.

What is exactly the lie. At least nevertrump has admitted to being a democrat yet you still identify as a conservative. perhaps conservative compared to the average person is Austin.

Before I am attacked for defending Trump here I just dislike silly rebukes and piling on with no basis. Didn't like it with Clinton (bill) don't like it now.

Really? He always screams witch hunt whenever a witch is found. He's not the genius you are looking for. Also, The President should be above petty politics and at least admit wrong-doing...

He screams witch hunt because that is all the left have done since 2016. And it continues and continues and continues. Now they are not only investigating his inaugural committee but his golf courses in Scotland.

OK so that's two people who didn't read the first sentence in the OP. Will the others continue the pattern of willful ignorance and denial?

Let me ask you this? Do you do have any evidence that backs up the notion you are insisting that Trump actually changed his business habits after he became President and/or during the election?

Because from what I can see: Going golfing, promoting his businesses, promoting his friends businesses, fleecing gov't workers and secret service by charging them to stay at his clubs, holding $10,000+ plate dinners at mar-a-lago where members can pay to influence the President, having campaign rallies, having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP having campaign events in Trump hotels, GOP fundraising, NRA Fundraising, lifting sanctions on his Russian buddies' businesses, hiding money in the inauguration fund, paying off Stormy Daniels, GoFundTheWall, and The Trump Foundation it sounds like he is getting rich off his Presidency (More likely paying off mountains of debt in questionable no so legal and no so cool manners). So now that you have my evidence, what's yours that he suddenly became a statesman in 2015?

Well laid out my friend!!!:applaud:applaud:applaud

Back
Top Bottom