• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Newly Released Emails Don’t Look Great For Hillary Campaign

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

The Young Turks said:
"Newly released State Department records, including previously unreleased emails from Huma Abedin, appear to show Clinton Foundation donors calling in favors from then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The new documents released on Tuesday were obtained by the legal watchdog group Judicial Watch as part of their Freedom of Information Act lawsuit that seeks information about Abedin’s unique employment arrangement with the State Department. Judicial Watch claims some the documents paint a troubling portrait of then-Secretary of State Clinton possibly giving preferential treatment to top campaign bundlers and Clinton Foundation donors.

For example, an April 2009 email exchange with the subject line “[a] favor…” appears to showlongtime Clinton associate Doug Band reaching out to Abedin and Cheryl Mills, writing, “Important to take care of [name redacted].”

Abedin responds almost immediately, writing, “We have all had him on our radar. Personnel has been sending him options.”"

The Clinton Foundation has been long plagued with controversy and allegations of improper quid pro quo and conflicts of interest; that having been said, these sorts of releases are of no surprise to me; I expect that there will be significantly more to come, including from WikiLeaks.

The Clinton Foundation has been long plagued with controversy and allegations of improper quid pro quo and conflicts of interest; that having been said, these sorts of releases are of no surprise to me; I expect that there will be significantly more to come, including from WikiLeaks.

From what I've seen, the "conflicts of interest" are

1) CF tried to get someone a job at State (no idea if they actually got a job)
2) CF tried to arrange a meeting with an ambassador for one of its' donors (no idea if they actually got to meet the ambassador)

If that's the worst of it, then all I can say is :yawn:

I'm still smiling at this comment by Victor Davis Hanson on the Clinton Foundation:

Despite a media blackout, the Clinton Foundation — currently never praised or even mentioned by either Clinton — is revealed as little more than a pay-to-play enterprise of dubious legality, designed to dose family members with freebies and keep political flunkies employed between elections. Around late 2015 Bill Clinton suddenly resigned his honorary university chancellorship and quit quid-pro-quo speaking on the premise that he was doing nothing wrong and so thought it wise to stop doing nothing wrong. Donald Trump: Can He Still Win? | National Review

Last edited:
Hot Take: About the only thing that matters now in this election is the decision by China/Russia about the timing of blowing Hillary up with her E-mails.

I'm still smiling at this comment by Victor Davis Hanson on the Clinton Foundation:

Despite a media blackout, the Clinton Foundation — currently never praised or even mentioned by either Clinton — is revealed as little more than a pay-to-play enterprise of dubious legality, designed to dose family members with freebies and keep political flunkies employed between elections. Around late 2015 Bill Clinton suddenly resigned his honorary university chancellorship and quit quid-pro-quo speaking on the premise that he was doing nothing wrong and so thought it wise to stop doing nothing wrong. Page Not Found

Clintonian.

Hot Take: About the only thing that matters now in this election is the decision by China/Russia about the timing of blowing Hillary up with her E-mails.

But, she's already laid the groundwork of deniability..."It's the vast Right-wing conspiracy" out to get her.

But, she's already laid the groundwork of deniability..."It's the vast Right-wing conspiracy" out to get her.
Wait, I thought it was the Russians? Who's controlling who here? The only thing we know for sure is that Hillary is a victim in all of this. :lol:

2) CF tried to arrange a meeting with an ambassador for one of its' donors (no idea if they actually got to meet the ambassador)

Here we go again, someone thinking they can bring facts, logic and reason into a hyperbolic partisan political thread.

Here we go again, someone thinking they can bring facts, logic and reason into a hyperbolic partisan political thread.

Mentioning suspect e-mails that imply improper quid pro quo and linking to related analysis by a liberal commentator certainly isn't hyper-partisan (I ultimately plan to vote Hillary as things stand btw because Trump is that bad; that doesn't mean I won't hold her accountable), though I cannot account for the posts to follow.

I doubt it's ultimately the worst of the e-mails to be disclosed (tbh, the ones proving top level DNC corruption on Hillary's behalf were more damning) and Huma Abedin's responses certainly insinuate a substantial level of compliance on behalf of the State department.

Last edited:
No one is better at hiding the truth than the old bag Clinton. Like LBJ said, " If you have a mother-in-law with only one eye and that eye is located in the center of her head you don't keep her in the living room".:mrgreen:

Mentioning suspect e-mails that imply improper quid pro quo and linking to related analysis by a liberal commentator certainly isn't hyper-partisan (I ultimately plan to vote Hillary as things stand btw because Trump is that bad; that doesn't mean I won't hold her accountable), though I cannot account for the posts to follow.

I never said "hyper-partisan".

I never said "hyper-partisan".

No, but that was the implication.

Bottom line, I don't see anything in the OP that could be reasonably construed to match your descriptors; if you're referring to some of the subsequent posts, fair enough.

Wait, I thought it was the Russians? Who's controlling who here? The only thing we know for sure is that Hillary is a victim in all of this. :lol:

She'll be the first to tell you. 8)

No it wasn't. I say exactly what I mean, no need for you to interpret anything.

Great, in that case would you care to clarify whether you were addressing the OP, or subsequent posts?

It might have been an issue if not for Trump opening his mouth several days in a row. First the 2nd amendment spat and now the Obama and Hillary are founders of Isis.

He is stopping bad Hillary news becoming a problem for Hillary because Trump will just not shut up with the stupid comments.

..and another poison pill post...

I am a progressive, not a partisan, and I have no qualms holding people accountable for their actions and bringing attention to their impropriety, especially if they're on (or close(r) to) my end of the ideological spectrum. Despite this (and other offenses), I'm still voting for Hillary anyways because Trump is that untenable as an alternative. I think it's possible for others to be likewise informed about her misdeeds and still come to the conclusion that bad as Hillary is, Trump is almost certainly worse.

Back
Top Bottom