• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

:-o

Love your avatar. lol

Welcome :)

Where is Edgewood?

I am from Hobbs NM originally.
Have family in Bernallio and Cimmeron(sp?) NM.

Edgewood is somewhere in the middle of the desert in NM.

Attachments

• cat_im_confus.jpg
    cat_im_confus.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1
  • cool_story_brah_cat.jpg
    cool_story_brah_cat.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1
  • grammar_nazi2.jpg
    grammar_nazi2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Grenades%20-%20See%20That%20Guy-%20%20****%20Him%20And%20Everyone%20Near%20Him.jpg
    Grenades%20-%20See%20That%20Guy-%20%20****%20Him%20And%20Everyone%20Near%20Him.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • I_despise_you____by_ThEReAlWaZzAr.jpg
    I_despise_you____by_ThEReAlWaZzAr.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Apple.jpg
    Apple.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 0
  • cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
  • nitpick.jpg
    nitpick.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 0
  • color.jpg
    color.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 0
actually its not quite in the desert. like the name says it is at the edge of the woods:D but the desert is a bout 16 miles away

I grew up in southeastern New Mexico. Anytime I tell people where I'm from, I hear "I think I've been through there." "Really? Where were you going?" "Well I think I drove through there on the way to Albequerque." Which is no where near where I grew up. I almost reach for the duct tape when this conversation is starting, for I fear my head will explode!! :-o

I also get asked if I speak Spanish. Makes me wanna :fu !!

Aren't all New Mexicans Mexicans?
So shouldn't they go back to Mexico if Immigration decides to part us with Mexico? Don't all New Mexicans speak spanish?

Please enlight me here! :screwy

ok i will enlighten you. i am here because my grandfather was in the military and refused to be stationed in texas. he grewup around belleview TX and joined the army to get away from his parents. on my moms side of the family my grandfather was from new hampshire and got stationed in albuquerque in the army. so i am about as white as it gets, it is just about impossible for me to learn spanish, and i wish my grandfather had stayed in texas

jcueckert13 said:
[snippers]i wish my grandfather had stayed in texas[/kersnipity]

Yes...yes you do. :twisted:

Yep - "New" Mexicans.

So shouldn't they go back to Mexico if Immigration decides to part us with Mexico?

eh? I do not understand your quetion. Immigration can't part with anything.

Let me enlighten LP.

This "New Mexican" was born in Texas. Besides, it's New Mexican, not new Mexican. Damn, I didn't realize that Jones, Smith, Johnson, Grey, King were Spanish names! :-o

So shouldn't they go back to Mexico....

Never lived there, why would I go back?

Don't all New Mexicans speak spanish?

Two years of Spanish in high school, barely remember any of it. Alot of good that did me!

HUm. I think they should get rid of all those state names that start with New. New York, New Hampshire, New Mexico. We could then call them Not, Not York, Not Hampshire, and NOT Mexico.

So in Not Mexico, english would be the native tongue. You see how much easier it is to distinguish it from Mexico now?

Back
Top Bottom