• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Newbie Here!

Fu_chick

Reaction score
Hey! :2wave: Obviously, I'm new here! My name is Christina and I'm 24. Politically, I'm neither a lib or a con, although I did vote for Bush in the last election (I mean, John Kerry as leader of the free world, really, come on now). I am the proud owner of 2 horses, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 lizards, and no children (thank God). I love my critters dearly, but I do not consider them my replacement kids (I like them better than I like most kids). My biggest hobby is horses. I've been riding since I was 3, and have owned horses since the age of 8. Actually, I came up with my screen name using the name of one of my horses (his name is Snafu, and I call him Fu for short sometimes, hence "Fu_chick"). I know, I'm a dork.

Other than that I'm into outdoorsy stuff--hiking, camping etc. So far, this site seems to be an awesome political board and I hope to have some interesting discussions here.

Weckom weckom weckom.

Glad to have you.

Fu_chick said:
Hey! :2wave: Obviously, I'm new here! My name is Christina and I'm 24. Politically, I'm neither a lib or a con, although I did vote for Bush in the last election (I mean, John Kerry as leader of the free world, really, come on now). I am the proud owner of 2 horses, 1 dog, 2 cats, 2 lizards, and no children (thank God). I love my critters dearly, but I do not consider them my replacement kids (I like them better than I like most kids). My biggest hobby is horses. I've been riding since I was 3, and have owned horses since the age of 8. Actually, I came up with my screen name using the name of one of my horses (his name is Snafu, and I call him Fu for short sometimes, hence "Fu_chick"). I know, I'm a dork.

Other than that I'm into outdoorsy stuff--hiking, camping etc. So far, this site seems to be an awesome political board and I hope to have some interesting discussions here.

=)

I too voted for Bush, and have 3 horses, 2 dogs, and a cat.

I love animals.

:wcm to Debate Politics!

We are thinking of getting a small dog for our little one who is turning 2 in June.

Any suggestions?

Noticed in another thread about dogs you seem to know your stuff Fu_chick. (That sure is weird to type. lol)

vauge said:

We are thinking of getting a small dog for our little one who is turning 2 in June.

Any suggestions?

Noticed in another thread about dogs you seem to know your stuff Fu_chick. (That sure is weird to type. lol)

i've had a chocolate lab/australian shepard mix since i was 7, and she's always been the sweetest around little kids, and we just got a west highland white terrier. very sweet, but they nip a little playfully, which might not be good for a younger kid.

vauge said:

Any suggestions?

One small breed that is really good with kids is the Cavalier King Charles Spanial. In one study I saw it was ranked in the top ten best breeds for kids. People who own them say they are a big dog in a small package. Whatever kind of dog you get just make sure that you teach your kid early how to behave around dogs. Also, it is never a good idea to leave a child that age unattended with any kind of dog. Anyhoo, here are some Cavalier sites you might check out:

http://www.ckcs.com/
http://www.cavalierkingcharles.com/
http://www.cochrancav.com/index.html
http://www.charaes.com/

Terreris CAN be OK for small kids, but they have a high prey drive and squealing kids can stimulate that drive.

If I had a toddler and was looking to get a dog, I would do LOTS of reseach. Do searches online, read books, contact breeders, and if you have time it would even be great if you could attend a show and talk to people who work with and own the breed. Most dog people LOVE to talk about their dogs. Good luck!

Always good to go with a Jack Russel Terrier.. they're really good for kids!

Back
Top Bottom