• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Zeland looking to change its racist name

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
They should put up naming right to the highest bidder like a football stadium. Teslavania, Boezostan, Have some billionaires group together troll them call it Australia Lite.

They should put up naming right to the highest bidder like a football stadium. Teslavania, Boezostan, Have some billionaires group together troll them call it Australia Lite.
"New Trumpland."

I am amazed, simply amazed, that all of you educated people on here don't recognize that since New Zealanders call themselves "Kiwis" that the proper name for NZ should be Kiwiland.

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

New New Zeland.
All the old New Zeland you love but with an extra New to rid the country of it’s racist past. It’s the Newest New place on earth.

Woke Island.

I can't pronounce that, I'm still just going to call it New Zeland

You just pronounce all the vowels: ah oh tee ah ro ah. It's not hard.

That said, it's none of my business what they want to call their country. I slightly prefer New Zealand, but only because it's familiar.

2 people, 2 vastly different pronunciations.. but it's not hard

Amazing that with all the world's information at our fingertips there's still folk who'd rather bitch and whine that it's just too hard for them rather than look it up or, at the very least, make a good faith guess.

Are words like knight (kaniggit?) or pneumonia too hard for you also, or is this more about being uncomfortable with different cultures?

Last edited:
"Upside Down Bastards."

There. Sorted.
images

Now it's sorted.

If your having fun with the name of the nation. Try the names of the two main islands. Te Ika-a-Māui (for the North Island) and Te Waipounamu (for the South Island)

I can't pronounce that, I'm still just going to call it New Zeland
I'm not sure people from the land of Kansas and Arkansas can complain about pronouncing place names. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom