• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Zealand facing new outbreak

Come on folks, this is a local flareup, not a massive vector.
FFS let's not get hysterical.
NZ will do the temp lockdowns and quarantines for Auckland and it will return to normal shortly.

WTF does an article from 4 years ago have to do with COVID-19? Deflection and deliberate derailment is not an appropriate debate/discussion tactic. :naughty

If you read the article, you will see that it does discuss that poor children have chronic illnesses, including respiratory illnesses. A stretch perhaps, but hardly deflection or derailment. In addition it discusses poor diets among the same. I guess they would be the ones eating imported crap that may be at the root of the current outbreak.

Cat's out of the bag now.

The poor people living in the ghettos aren't going to listen or give a **** when they live day to day unlike the white majority. They need to go out.

New Zealand's most shameful secret: 'We have normalised child poverty' | New Zealand | The Guardian

There are poor people in New Zealand... yes.

There are parents who did not try in school, have ****ty jobs and have too many children who repeat the cycle... yes.

This is not a "dirty secret" or even a secret.

Welcome to the Real World, mate.

NZ will do the temp lockdowns and quarantines for Auckland and it will return to normal shortly.

Who is hysterical?

If you read the article, you will see that it does discuss that poor children have chronic illnesses, including respiratory illnesses. A stretch perhaps, but hardly deflection or derailment. In addition it discusses poor diets among the same. I guess they would be the ones eating imported crap that may be at the root of the current outbreak.

Holy ****! Poor people do not have good diets! Sherlock Holmes has his work cut out for him! :lol:

Election delayed now, imagine the heads exploding if Trump delayed the election in the US

True, it mainly kills the elderly, the obese and the immunocompromised. What is it that New Zealanders have done to deserve this disease?

Same as the rest of us. They belong to a species that is occasionally susceptible to viruses that jump to us from non-human species.

Election delayed now, imagine the heads exploding if Trump delayed the election in the US

Naw, he is just trying to make it so people have to decide between risking their health and voting.

The thing you have to understand here is that with many of these families we are dealing with a culture not designed for european standards Much of the ill health comes from living in overcrowded houses. But on the other hand maori and pacifica people are communal by nature with many relatives living in the one house is the way they want to live.

The other european standard they do not fit into is the obesity question. Obesity is not healthy for europeans. But for pacifica people obesity is a genetic variant trait. One that does not exist among europeans. Yet we still judge them by the european standard of obesity. However we do suffer from that same problem all over the world. It's cheaper to buy greasy and fatty take away foods such as fried chicken than it is to buy some good meat and a few vegetables. Unhealthy sugar drinks are marketed at a cheaper price than milk or even just plain water.

How the hell did covid-19 find you guys. Your not even included on any of my maps. And lets be honest about where you live, I have never been there but I was told the birds fly over there, upside down. When I asked what was behind that avian phenomenon, I was told they fly that way because spparently there is nothing worth pooping on where you live. No offense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

images

There we are right in the middle at the top of the world. As is fitting. If anyone is upside down it is you guys down in the lower hemisphere.

images

There we are right in the middle at the top of the world. As is fitting. If anyone is upside down it is you guys down in the lower hemisphere.

Except when you play the Aussies in cricket

New Zealands Labour government are a bunch of wankers, how do I know, I live here. 22 people died so far this year from covid, all over 60, most over 80 and they are destorying our country with high debt, high unemployment and multiple closures of businesses.

New Zealands Labour government are a bunch of wankers, how do I know, I live here. 22 people died so far this year from covid, all over 60, most over 80 and they are destorying our country with high debt, high unemployment and multiple closures of businesses.

Inevitable, This would have happened no matter who was in government. The national party along with winston wanted to open our borders sooner and that would have given us an even worse case scenario.

the country is not being destroyed. it is balancing a real concern about the disease along with a real concern about the economy.

And delay their election... not exactly a normal reaction.

And, you, of course could do so much better.

And, you, of course could do so much better.

It is an point to make that the national party has not once said how they would have done it differently or better. All they do is complain about how it is.

And delay their election... not exactly a normal reaction.

Not exactly normal times.

However our system of election unlike yours does not have a final expiry date for our prime minister as yours has for your president. A political party can and has held the government for as many years as it can. Usually around nine to eleven years then they run flat on ideas and we vote another party in. We can not only delay the election until the final date of november 21st. But if parliament comes to an agreement with government and opposition then it can even be delayed to next year. March being one of the suggested dates if that should happen.

We have specific political parties that run on certain and expected platforms. You have what can be laughably referred to as two parties that are made up of individuals each vying for personal power. We have an mmp system of voting which gives each person two votes to cast. And it has been demonstrated that kiwis do vote politically and strategically. You on the other hand have a fpp voting system that is obviously corrupt. And people vote based on personality like an "americas got talent "show.

By far the westminster system is a better system than what america has. Unfortunately america got ****ed over by a bunch of cowboys you call your forefathers.

Back
Top Bottom