• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Zealand facing new outbreak

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Yep. Auckland just moved to Level 3 (we are opposite the States... Level 1 the best Level 4 total lockdown) and the rest of NZ to Level 2.

Yep. Auckland just moved to Level 3 (we are opposite the States... Level 1 the best Level 4 total lockdown) and the rest of NZ to Level 2.
How the hell did covid-19 find you guys. Your not even included on any of my maps. And lets be honest about where you live, I have never been there but I was told the birds fly over there, upside down. When I asked what was behind that avian phenomenon, I was told they fly that way because spparently there is nothing worth pooping on where you live. No offense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Odd. I looked at this site...

New Zealand Coronavirus: 1,579 Cases and 22 Deaths - Worldometer

...and it looks like there's minimal new cases and no new deaths. Maybe the people in charge are afraid of a kind of 'fish-bowl effect' where you have time nip everything in the bud early lest it flare up big.
Are the kids in school?

I read this morning where they think that it's coming in on imported cargo.

It's an island. Just shut down the airports. How hard can it be?

Happy birthday?

Karma perhaps, luck maybe, inevitable definitely.

Karma perhaps, luck maybe, inevitable definitely.

Come again? What did New Zealanders writ large do to deserve a disease that spreads quickly and that kills indiscriminately?

I am sorry to hear this, Bodhisattva. I had my strong suspicion when the New Zealand government and world press started trumpeting the fact that the country was somehow magically COVID-19-free. It made me wonder how exactly they knew if the disease was truly gone from your Isles. I felt the same way when Alex Trebek from "Jeopardy" came back and suggested he was "cancer free." Sadly I was right both times.

Last edited:
Come again? What did New Zealanders writ large do to deserve a disease that spreads quickly and that kills indiscriminately?

COVID doesn't kill indiscriminately. Try to stay on topic.

COVID doesn't kill indiscriminately. Try to stay on topic.

True, it mainly kills the elderly, the obese and the immunocompromised. What is it that New Zealanders have done to deserve this disease?

Yeah, you have 4 cases in one family, with no apparent travel.

Level 3 until they can be contact traced is the correct thing to do.

True, it mainly kills the elderly, the obese and the immunocompromised. What is it that New Zealanders have done to deserve this disease?

Whatever it is that brought it back to their shores. Can't have your cake and eat it too, or in this case, cheap frozen fish apparently. You would think being surrounded by water, they could catch their own. Oh well, the cut corners to save a few cents and now they are back to square one.

Y'all are confusing karma with biblical punishment for sin. It isn't.

I believe neither in cosmic re-balancing nor affronts to an intelligent almighty creator of the Universe. I am just trying to see why Drawdown believes this.

Last edited:
Best I can tell from sources over on this side of the world, it appears New Zealand is doing the right things... again.

Ah, man, that sucks....you guys were supposed to be the ray of hope, who ****ed up?

Stay frosty, man...stay well.

How the hell did covid-19 find you guys. Your not even included on any of my maps. And lets be honest about where you live, I have never been there but I was told the birds fly over there, upside down. When I asked what was behind that avian phenomenon, I was told they fly that way because spparently there is nothing worth pooping on where you live. No offense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They are not sure... one theory is that upside down birds cough covid... the other is that it came over on some frozen food shipping.

They are looking into that last one.

Odd. I looked at this site...

New Zealand Coronavirus: 1,579 Cases and 22 Deaths - Worldometer

...and it looks like there's minimal new cases and no new deaths. Maybe the people in charge are afraid of a kind of 'fish-bowl effect' where you have time nip everything in the bud early lest it flare up big.
Are the kids in school?

We have 5 confirmed new cases and another few possibles... and that is a lot for us.

9 could explode to a thousand pretty quick and in the USA or most places that is not much... but it is to us.

Ah, man, that sucks....you guys were supposed to be the ray of hope, who ****ed up?

Stay frosty, man...stay well.

We are still the Beacon of Light... ;)

Best I can tell from sources over on this side of the world, it appears New Zealand is doing the right things... again.

I agree. It is pretty nice to see the government shut down all travel to those trying to leave Auckland. Some made it out though. We have one idiot colleague that drove up there to get his kid and come back here to work today. WTF?

Whatever it is that brought it back to their shores. Can't have your cake and eat it too, or in this case, cheap frozen fish apparently. You would think being surrounded by water, they could catch their own. Oh well, the cut corners to save a few cents and now they are back to square one.

:lol:

Yeah, you have 4 cases in one family, with no apparent travel.

Level 3 until they can be contact traced is the correct thing to do.

They did travel... to Rotorua for a weekend while they were symptomatic.

Happy birthday?

My brothers was yesterday...

It's an island. Just shut down the airports. How hard can it be?

They have been shut down for months... there are ships though.

Back
Top Bottom