• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Values on Display

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So, someone said that New York values are horrible, then New Yorkers voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Man, was he ever right.

It is the first time ever that Trump won a majority of the votes in a primary. It may be the only state he wins in the general election.:(

Even while Trump was whining about the "rigged" primaries he and his people were moving to court delegates at state conventions, trying to learn from the Cruz campaign.

What we have learned about Trump is that he's incompetent, and when he fails he lashes out and blames others. I thought we'd had enough of that with Obama as President.

So, someone said that New York values are horrible, then New Yorkers voted overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.

Man, was he ever right.

It is the first time ever that Trump won a majority of the votes in a primary. It may be the only state he wins in the general election.:(

Even while Trump was whining about the "rigged" primaries he and his people were moving to court delegates at state conventions, trying to learn from the Cruz campaign.

What we have learned about Trump is that he's incompetent, and when he fails he lashes out and blames others. I thought we'd had enough of that with Obama as President.

Are Cruz values terrible since he won his own state's primary? Are Kasich values terrible since he won his own state's primary? Are Clinton values terrible since she won her state's primary? Are Sanders values terrible since he won his state's primary?

You get the trend......

Cruz is the biggest idiot to run for President. You are running for President of the United States of America and paint with a wide brush a whole region as inferiors.

We are a mobile population. Good chance that guy working in New York was actually born and raised in another state. I know I don't live in the state I was born and raised.
You just can't give a blanket statement about a whole group of people like that.

Heck , Cruz wasn't even born in the country he is running for now. He of all people should know you can't label an entire region anymore.

. ABC

Anybody But Cruz

Cruz is the biggest idiot to run for President. You are running for President of the United States of America and paint with a wide brush a whole region as inferiors.

We are a mobile population. Good chance that guy working in New York was actually born and raised in another state. I know I don't live in the state I was born and raised.
You just can't give a blanket statement about a whole group of people like that.

Heck , Cruz wasn't even born in the country he is running for now. He of all people should know you can't label an entire region anymore.

. ABC

Anybody But Cruz

Cruz is part of that movement that pretends that the Bible Belt Heartland is "REAL AMERICA". I find that kind of attitude not just disparaging but sickening.

Are Cruz values terrible since he won his own state's primary? Are Kasich values terrible since he won his own state's primary? Are Clinton values terrible since she won her state's primary? Are Sanders values terrible since he won his state's primary?

You get the trend......

Cruz and Kasich values are terrible since they didn't win the majority in their own home state.

. ABC

Anybody But Cruz

What about Sanders who dismissed the whole south

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...rue-his-deep-south-dismissal-of-black-voters/

I think you have that backwards, and it wasn't just the South - black voters for the most part dismissed Bernie Sanders and the media that supports Clinton (like WaPo) spun it as though Sanders had a choice and chose to not engage them. Sanders tried, and as the votes have shown, black voters didn't care about what he had to say. Why is that? I don't know. There are lots of theories, and none of them that seem plausible are flattering to Clinton or many black Democrats. Hell, even former NAACP President Ben Jealous endorses Bernie and that is ignored by voters.

You get the trend......

Trump has New York values and Cruz has Cuban values.

Then whats your point on Kasich and Cruz being "terrible"?

They didn't win their own home state with 50%+1. The people that know them best didn't feel the need to come out in favor of them. Trump's people know him best and gave him overwhelming support.

They didn't win their own home state with 50%+1. The people that know them best didn't feel the need to come out in favor of them. Trump's people know him best and gave him overwhelming support.

Im so confused on what your point is? 34 primaries already with 4+ GOP electoral candidates.... 8 now with only 3 candidates and just recently 1 has reached 50+1%... In his home state none the least..... Wooohooo?

Im so confused on what your point is? 34 primaries already with 4+ GOP electoral candidates.... 8 now with only 3 candidates and just recently 1 has reached 50+1%... In his home state none the least..... Wooohooo?

Kasich and Cruz couldn't do the same. Kasich couldn't even do it with Mitt Romney and Marco Rubio throwing their weight behind the effort.

Kasich and Cruz couldn't do the same. Kasich couldn't even do it with Mitt Romney and Marco Rubio throwing their weight behind the effort.

At the time of the Texas primary there was still 5 Republican candidates still officially running for the nomination. At the time of the Ohio and Florida primary there was still 4 Republican candidate officially running for the nomination.

Does he even have values?
Instead of asking silly questions like that, why not up your game a bit. Here, I ll toss you something so as to look smart, 1. define values for us, eh?

2. Have you ever heard that Cruz might be Christian by any chance? If so, might he have something like, you know, Christian values perhaps?

Those would be two good ones to start with and, no, no, you don't have to thank me.

Man, was he ever right.

You are wrong, again

Clinton has Mississippi values because she beat Sanders there by 66 points, her largest margin.

Or maybe it's because Mississippi has NY values. :shrug:

. ABC

Anybody But Cruz

Actually, there is someone who's very glad that Cruz is running for president - Dan Quayle. Because Dan held that title from the early 90's until now.

But then, I gotta admit that Dukakis wasn't far behind....

You get the trend......

Trump's values are terrible apart from who votes for him. I really don't understand Trump supporters. I get that they want someone who is an outsider, that they want a wall built, that they want jobs brought back to the US, and so on. But by now it ought to be clear that he's not going to be able to do any of that. He claims to be a deal maker, smarter than establishment people, but he can't even make deals with delegates if he even took the trouble to find out about the process, and the establishment pols are running rings around him.

Back
Top Bottom