• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York town board votes to keep town name Swastika

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

A town in upstate New York voted to keep the name Swastika for one of the hamlet’s within the town’s jurisdiction, according to the town supervisor.

Black Brook town supervisor Jon Douglass told NPR the hamlet was named for the Sanskrit word meaning well-being and predates World War II, when the word became an infamous symbol for the Nazi party.

"Swastika was named by the founders of the area who settled there," Douglass told NPR.
========================================================
Google search result on 'Swastika etymology': The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Eurasia, as early as 7000 years ago, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky.Aug 7, 2017 I think that sufficiently predates the rise of Hitler & the NSDAP party sufficiently to justify Douglass' statement. https://www.google.com/search?q=swa...ome..69i57.7126j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Are there any Richard Spencer fans currently living IN Swastika?
Anyway, I think we just learned the location of the future Trump Presidential Library.

A town in upstate New York voted to keep the name Swastika for one of the hamlet’s within the town’s jurisdiction, according to the town supervisor.

Black Brook town supervisor Jon Douglass told NPR the hamlet was named for the Sanskrit word meaning well-being and predates World War II, when the word became an infamous symbol for the Nazi party.

"Swastika was named by the founders of the area who settled there," Douglass told NPR.
========================================================
Google search result on 'Swastika etymology': The word swastika comes from the Sanskrit svastika, which means “good fortune” or “well-being." The motif (a hooked cross) appears to have first been used in Eurasia, as early as 7000 years ago, perhaps representing the movement of the sun through the sky.Aug 7, 2017 I think that sufficiently predates the rise of Hitler & the NSDAP party sufficiently to justify Douglass' statement. https://www.google.com/search?q=swa...ome..69i57.7126j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
I like it. I'd like to take back all the aspects of Gaelic culture that have been hijacked by the white supremacist bastards, too.

Back
Top Bottom