• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New York Times correspondent discusses new book on Trump presidency, impeachment

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
New York Times correspondent discusses new book on Trump presidency, impeachment | TheHill

The New York Times Washington correspondent Michael Schmidt said Tuesday his new book about President Trump’s time in office and his impeachment chronicles the president's “unusual” use of power, but also the people around Trump who tried at times to stop the president in order to “enforce the law.”

“In this case Trump's use of power is so unusual and extraordinary that the book chronicles that, but it chronicles something else that I think we’ve rarely if ever seen,” Schmidt said on The Hill.TV’s “Rising.”

“And that's the people around the president who are there either to help him execute his agenda or enforce the law, try and stop the president,” he added. “So, what is it like to be one of those people, who is standing, literally, between the president and the abyss. And when you're one of those people there's no one else to call, you're the 911 operator there's no other 911 operator.”

Schmidt’s new book, titled “Donald Trump v The United States: Inside the Struggle to Stop a President,” was released last week. \
=============================================================================
A lot of D.C. insiders are going to make a lot of money with their new books.

Trump knew about Covid three weeks after China knew, on 1/23. GOP Senators began inside trading on 1/24.

:lamo

Nothing funny about dereliction-of-duty that will cost hundreds of thousands of lives, trixare4kids. The trump tapes are more short-term pain, aren’t they? Woodward’s book is the final rhetorical stake in Trump.

Trump knew about Covid three weeks after China knew, on 1/23. GOP Senators began inside trading on 1/24.

I forgot about how they made money on American death.

Yeah. GOP is a death cult. All gotta go. Lincoln Project is right: burn it all down.

I forgot about how they made money on American death.

Yeah. GOP is a death cult. All gotta go. Lincoln Project is right: burn it all down.

GOP Senators are worse than Trump. They’ve always known better. Several were compromised July 4th, 2018 in Russia. They’re still going to investigate Biden. Tie the Woodward tapes to all GOPs up for re-election.

Nothing funny about dereliction-of-duty that will cost hundreds of thousands of lives, trixare4kids. The trump tapes are more short-term pain, aren’t they? Woodward’s book is the final rhetorical stake in Trump.

To deplorables deaths of Americans is high hilarity if they think it's all blue states or in cop speak "no humans involved". That's why much as I don't like Hillary, undeniably they're deplorable, and that's as politley as it can be put. Pond scum fits better IMO, even so I can't bring myself to wish them misery and death and enjoy it like they do.

Financial ruin tho, homelessness and struggle if he's reelected and it befalls them. I'm not above that.

Back
Top Bottom