• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Times changes headline calling bin Laden 'devoted family man' after outcry

You don't care that a writer for a Liberal birdcage liner is treating Osama Bin Laden like he's Ward Cleaver?
If ward cleaver had been a fanatical terrorist then I think the show would have been on the air for a lot longer.

The hitler regime was uniquly evil soly preoccupied with the killing of so called " enemys of the state"
Hitler was intent on wiping out anyone who wasn't 100% White.

You don't care that a writer for a Liberal birdcage liner is treating Osama Bin Laden like he's Ward Cleaver?

You got that from "fanatical terrorist," did you?

If ward cleaver had been a fanatical terrorist then I think the show would have been on the air for a lot longer.

Like the Dexter of terrorism? I'd watch that.

So now you care about "birdcage liners"? You aren't making any sense. If it's a birdcage liner, it's trash, so why are you caring enough to post about it with this contrived outrage if you admit its just trash?

Osama can be both a devoted family man, and a terrorist that deserved to die. Surely you can comprehend such seemingly simple characterizations that involve a broader picture of a humans life.

You gotta admit: It's hard to see Osama Bin Laden as anything but a piece of shit who plotted ways to murder thousands of innocent people.

It's like trying to say in a headline "Adolf Hitler, The Portrait of a Devoted Family Man". How do you see "devoted family man" in a guy who tore a path of destruction across a continent and had a standing order to have Jews, minorities, people w/mental/physical defects and others sent to be murdered?
Psychopathic mob assassin Richard Kuklinski was a "devoted family man and a doting father by all accounts. And that guy chopped up about 100 people in the little pieces in a basement.

Brando (Kurtz) summed it up.

"I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn’t see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember… I… I… I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized… like I was shot… like I was shot with a diamond… a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God… the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men… trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love… but they had the strength… the strength… to do that."

The COVID anti-vaxxers are almost fully radicalized at this point. They're ready and willing to do anything, no matter what the cost.
It's almost to the point where we're about to witness "The Horror" that Colonel Kurtz witnessed, where the enemy HACKED OFF little children's arms because the Americans had inoculated them against polio.

Reminds me of the sympathetic headlines WaPoo gave Iran's Qasem Soleimani & ISIS' Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi when they died.
Is your objection to the original headline that you don't think it was accurate or that you don't think the anyone should be permitted to say anything positive about terrorists, true or not?

Just wait till the Ashli Babbitt obit hits.

You dont see the difference in the way someone treats their family and treats people he considers enemies? Yes or no?

Reminds me of the sympathetic headlines WaPoo gave Iran's Qasem Soleimani & ISIS' Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi when they died.

Nothing sympathetic about the times headline, it simply showed the complexity within Bin, within all of us by extension.

Should the Times have know better than to post such a cerebral headline, yes. The average person is a dolt and is too emotional to think past love hate, black white, good, bad.

You will continue to miss the point. Gotti and BTK were not devoted family men, they brought only shame to their families. Gotti and BTK shared one thing in common, they di what THEY wanted to do for their EGOS and/or pleasure.

I like that scene in a Bronx take where the father, a bus driver, after his son called him a sucker (played De Nero), is telling his son who the real heroes are, and it isn't the gangsters. The real heroes are the guys who go to work everyday and earn a hard living and don't complain. That the gangster boss isn't loved by anyone, he is only feared.

I brought him up because I think he is a lousy family man, despite what anyone would claim. I think anyone who cycles through woman and marriages is not a person of virtue, no matter what people think they do for their families. I see people like that as shallow and narcissistoc, it is about them, and their needs, and their egos, never their families or loved ones.

People like Gotti are masters of deceit. He BOUGHT off his family with money. He would have been better to work at a used car lot, and been an honest man, not a murderer and drug dealer. Where is their virtue in that? If his family loved him, they were as bad as him if they knew what he did.

So you mentioned Trump for no reason? Don't derail threads.

Your opinion of Gotti means nothing. His family thought he was a great family man. Their opinion matters. They were the family.

So you mentioned Trump for no reason? Don't derail threads.

Your opinion of Gotti means nothing. His family thought he was a great family man. Their opinion matters. They were the family.
Gotti's family are shit thugs just like the father. I guess you are unaware of how John Jr tried to murder Guardian Angel founder Curtis Sliwa, but got away with it because it was impossible to find a NY jury who wasn't afraid of the Gotti family to convict. And all because why? Sliwa criticized these thugs?

You have some really strange heroes.

Sounds like NYT and WaPo was trying to draw a startling contrast between the two lives they led, but wound up sounding sympathetic.

Gotti's family are shit thugs just like the father. I guess you are unaware of how John Jr tried to murder Guardian Angel founder Curtis Sliwa, but got away with it because it was impossible to find a NY jury who wasn't afraid of the Gotti family to convict. And all because why? Sliwa criticized these thugs?

You have some really strange heroes.

Well done! You made the stupidest post of the day.

First off, why would you assume I don't know about Gotti and Sliwa? I do. Nobody is debating Gotti being a mafia monster. The discussion was about his family and what they thought of him as a father. Pay attention.

Nobody mentioned "heroes" except you. Projecting? Or were you just looking to post the stupidest thing imaginable?

Well done! You made the stupidest post of the day.

First off, why would you assume I don't know about Gotti and Sliwa? I do. Nobody is debating Gotti being a mafia monster. The discussion was about his family and what they thought of him as a father. Pay attention.

Nobody mentioned "heroes" except you. Projecting? Or were you just looking to post the stupidest thing imaginable?
If Gotti's family though well of their scumbag murdering asshole husband and father, then that makes them pretty much the same.

Moral compass? Got none?

If Gotti's family though well of their scumbag murdering asshole husband and father, then that makes them pretty much the same.

Moral compass? Got none?

Nobody cares what you think of his family. Why do you think anyone does?

Focus to the discussion, which is evil men and their familial relationships.

Nobody cares what you think of his family. Why do you think anyone does?
I don't care what you think about what I think. LOL, you think your whining decides what I can talk about?

Focus to the discussion, which is evil men and their familial relationships.
Yeah, like scumbag John Gotti and his scumbag wife and children.

Got it!

I don't care what you think about what I think. LOL, you think your whining decides what I can talk about?

Yeah, like scumbag John Gotti and his scumbag wife and children.

Got it!

Now you're on here melting down about John Gotti's wife and children? How sad.

What whining? I'm not the one having hysterics about Gotti's family. That's you.

Now you're on here melting down about John Gotti's wife and children? How sad.

What whining? I'm not the one having hysterics about Gotti's family. That's you.

"Melting down"??? You clearly don't know what that term means.

"Melting down"??? You clearly don't know what that term means.

I do. You've gone way off topic by screaming about someone's wife and children. They are not discussed, either in the context of the OP and Bin Laden, or anywhere else. That's you melting down.

Back
Top Bottom