• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Times Buries Tea Partier's 'Love Child'

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
How many times have I heard it said the media is liberal and the NYT is a liberal rag. It just isn't so no matter how much Grim says it is.

The New York Times today took after Republican gubernatorial candidate and Tea Party standard bearer Carl Paladino with a lengthy profile that highlights examples of his hard-line business practices and "combative style."
But the paper does not note his out-of-wedlock child from an extramarital affair, likely a strong issue for conservative Tea Party voters, until nearly the end of the article.

New York Times Buries Tea Partier's 'Love Child' | Media Matters for America

There are a million better examples of the so-called liberal media not calling out the GOP and Fox News on their ridiculous bull****.

The Times runs a fairly negative profile of Paladino and MM complains of liberal bias because they didn't mention the love child aspect early enough?

The people who write these articles for MM are truly delusional.

The Times runs a fairly negative profile of Paladino and MM complains of liberal bias because they didn't mention the love child aspect early enough?e

According to Grim and other conservatives this would be an example of bias. "Gosh, everyone knows there is a liberal bias." BS. Earlier, Grim claimed I didn't know what bias is, this thread is dedicated to him. :mrgreen:

Fox News occasionally was hard on Bush, but that doesn't mean they don't lean right.

Earth to liberals: It doesn't have to be 100% liberal bias to still be biased. Technically, anything over 50% is biased, but I would personally ask for at least 60-65% before I would call it truly biased.

Last edited:
According to Grim and other conservatives this would be an example of bias. "Gosh, everyone knows there is a liberal bias." BS. Earlier, Grim claimed I didn't know what bias is, this thread is dedicated to him. :mrgreen:

Grim is just a hypocrite who likes to start crap...
:fueltofir

If it was a Dem the love child wouldn't have been mentioned at all.
Really? According to my link at the OP, the John Edwards story was on the front page of the NYT.

First off, Grim should not be the topic of a thread up here. If we disagree with him(and I pretty much always do), it should be taken up with him in that thread.

Secondly, as a liberal, even I have to admit that the MM story is retarded at best.

Thirdly, a politicians personal life should be just that, personal, and none of our damn business. In other words, a "love child" should not be political ammunition.

Really? According to my link at the OP, the John Edwards story was on the front page of the NYT.

As I recall, and correct me if I am wrong, most of the media were aware of the story but none reported on it. That is until the national enquirer finally reported it and they had no choice but to finally print a story.

As I recall, and correct me if I am wrong, most of the media were aware of the story but none reported on it. That is until the national enquirer finally reported it and they had no choice but to finally print a story.

:spin:

So, you are saying they printed the story because they had to print it? They were previously protecting him?

The Times runs a fairly negative profile of Paladino and MM complains of liberal bias because they didn't mention the love child aspect early enough?

No, the people that read the MM articles then repost them HERE are delusional.

No, the people that read the MM articles then repost them HERE are delusional.

What you must realize is that simply linking to MM is proof enough to a liberal, however, if you are a conservative and link to FNC, Drudge, etc, you must provide some kind of backup proof or link or else it's just "right wing nuttery."

See how that goes? Remember that hypocritical crap mentioned on the previous page? What liberals don't realize is how they are the KING of hypocracy and now the country sees them for what they are, soon to be powerless libtards in congress.

:spin:

So, you are saying they printed the story because they had to print it? They were previously protecting him?

Yes, as I recall that is exactly what happened. Most of the press knew about the story. None of them reported on it. At least not until the enquirer did and it was already out there.

Compare that to the alleged McCain affair that was published in the NYTimes with zero evidence and, even to this date, has not been proven. For the next few days it was all the media talked about. See a difference how those were handled by the MSM?

Last edited:
Thirdly, a politicians personal life should be just that, personal, and none of our damn business. In other words, a "love child" should not be political ammunition.

I whole heartedly agree here. Unfortenately that is what our political system has degraded to. I often wonder what a campaign would be like if all parties never once said anything bad or immaterial about each other.

What you must realize is that simply linking to MM is proof enough to a liberal, however, if you are a conservative and link to FNC, Drudge, etc, you must provide some kind of backup proof or link or else it's just "right wing nuttery."

See how that goes? Remember that hypocritical crap mentioned on the previous page? What liberals don't realize is how they are the KING of hypocracy and now the country sees them for what they are, soon to be powerless libtards in congress.

I think this is funny, because even after the elections there will still be more liberals in Congress than Libertarians.

by then John Edwards was dead and buried as a politician

And how long did they know about the story before they ever reported on it at all?

And how long did they know about the story before they ever reported on it at all?
I have no idea. Just because the story is 'known' by the Enquirer that does not mean a reputable paper will run with the story. I think in order to claim bias by the NYT on this, you must examine all the facts matching them with the policies of the newspaper.

Back
Top Bottom