• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Supreme Court denies request to dismiss Trump Foundation lawsuit

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New York's highest court has denied a request to dismiss the state attorney general's lawsuit against the Trump Foundation.

The New York Supreme Court, in documents made public Friday, denied a request from the defendants — President Trump, Ivanka Trump, Eric Trump and the Donald J. Trump Foundation — to dismiss the lawsuit alleging they used the foundation for private and political gain. New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood welcomed Justice Saliann Scarpulla's decision.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...-request-to-dismiss-trump-foundation-lawsuit/

Per NY AG Underwood's statement:

“As we detailed in our petition earlier this year, the Trump Foundation functioned as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests. There are rules that govern private foundations — and we intend to enforce them, no matter who runs the foundation. We welcome Justice Scarpulla’s decision, which allows our suit to move forward.”

You can read the full decision here, which explains why the Respondents' (Trump Foundation) rationale for dismissing the suit is invalid. It's a good read, and cogently explains why the request is denied over the arguments of lack of jurisdiction, statute of limitations and bias.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fb...cumentId=5gpi0UXWZTG2BxZsqSlyBA==&system=prod

suit2.jpg

Attachments

• suit1.jpg
    suit1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yo...-request-to-dismiss-trump-foundation-lawsuit/

“As we detailed in our petition earlier this year, the Trump Foundation functioned as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests. There are rules that govern private foundations — and we intend to enforce them, no matter who runs the foundation. We welcome Justice Scarpulla’s decision, which allows our suit to move forward.”

You can read the full decision here, which explains why the Respondents' (Trump Foundation) rationale for dismissing the suit is invalid. It's a good read, and cogently explains why the request is denied over the arguments of lack of jurisdiction, statute of limitations and bias.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fb...cumentId=5gpi0UXWZTG2BxZsqSlyBA==&system=prod

View attachment 67244818

As Gabriel Heatter used to intone on the radio... "there is good news tonight".

Good.

Now we need the soon-to-be-installed Dem state government to address the Fed-State double-jeopardy loophole legislatively, and we'll be in business!

Good.

Now we need the soon-to-be-installed Dem state government to address the Fed-State double-jeopardy loophole legislatively, and we'll be in business!

Bingo.

Good.

That won't happen. If it does, there won't be any excuse to not prosecute Democrats on state charges.

"And that's the way it is"

(The most trusted man in America)

i watched this live when i was a little kid. Walter Cronkite is missed.

"And that's the way it is"

(The most trusted man in America)

I used to love his series - 20th Century - with shows on WorldWar II that came on Sunday afternoon - I think.

That won't happen. If it does, there won't be any excuse to not prosecute Democrats on state charges.
That's ok by me.

The NY State Senate just turned fully Democrat. The Assembly and Gov were already Dem.

Do they have a supermajority? In other words, do they have the numbers to change the double jeopardy loophole?

Do they have a supermajority? In other words, do they have the numbers to change the double jeopardy loophole?

Everything is majority vote.

View attachment 67244818

Trump claimed that Hillary had a foundation that broke the law
Trump claimed that Hillary had an email server that broke the law

When will people realize that when Trump insults someone or claims they are breaking the law, that he is really talking about himself???????

I used to love his series - 20th Century - with shows on WorldWar II that came on Sunday afternoon - I think.
And he led the country through digesting one of the most epochal events of the sixties:

Trump claimed that Hillary had a foundation that broke the law
Trump claimed that Hillary had an email server that broke the law

When will people realize that when Trump insults someone or claims they are breaking the law, that he is really talking about himself???????

I've long since said that when Republicans criticize Democrats for something it's a de facto announcement of what they intend to do.

Prosecuting politicians suspected of breaking the law, regardless of party, is the opposite of corruption.

It's corruption when politicians are prosecuted, or not, because of party.

You don't actually believe that the NY state AG would be hot on President Trump's trail if he had lost the 2016 election, do you?

And he led the country through digesting one of the most epochal events of the sixties:

There was only a mention of this anniversary; at the time I had a paper route (Google it) and the papers were hours late to get on the street.

It's corruption when politicians are prosecuted, or not, because of party.

You don't actually believe that the NY state AG would be hot on President Trump's trail if he had lost the 2016 election, do you?

Trump was able to get away with his crimes and fraud based on the amount of exposure he received. Once elected President his exposure increased by a magnitude of ten, so the old methods of fraud and dissembling were no longer going to work. I believe the reason for the tone of Trump's acceptance speech in which he looks like he wants to crap his pants was due to his realization that a much larger microscope was about to be shoved up his businesses that had until that point avoided major scrutiny.

As for your implication of bias, the Supreme Court decision already addresses that. You should read it.

Last edited:

The moment when he takes off his glasses and chokes up is unforgettable given how unflappable he was for his entire career.

The moment when he takes off his glasses and chokes up is unforgettable given how unflappable he was for his entire career.
Yes. Because it wasn't just Kennedy that took a bullet that day, it was America - every one of us had a piece of us died a bit that day. For those of us that were children, we lost a bit of innocence and in turn gained a bit of fear.

Yes. Because it wasn't just Kennedy that took a bullet that day, it was America - every one of us died a bit that day.

Very true. Sadly, that has also been the case for the past 21 months.

Someone here told us this was already dismissed.

Then got real pissy when asked for a link to document it.

Can't remember who, but I guess we see why.

Here's to a good run for this attempt to shine light on Trump's corruption.

Back
Top Bottom