• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York school urges students to stop wearing, and losing, $350 beanies

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From FOX News

Hats off!

That’s what a middle school on the tony North Shore of Long Island is telling parents after students have been losing $350 headware from trendy brand Moncler.

Admins at Great Neck North Middle School are pleading for students to keep their designer duds at home, saying the kids keep losing them and freaking out.

“We understand that fashion is very important to our middle schoolers,” administrators wrote in a letter obtained by The Post. “However, we have had many students who have worn their Moncler Winter Pom Pom hats to school, and either lost or misplaced them.

COMMENT:-

My heart breaks for those poor wretches and everyone should send $100 to the "Go-Fund-Me" page that I'm going to set up so that they can get new hats. Of course, the new hats might not actually cost ME $350 each, but you can rest assured that any money that is left over (after administration expenses) will be put to good use.

a ****ing snow hat costs three hundred and fifty bucks?

Well, if you had the smarts of a snowman, you'd pay that amount for something that costs less than US$5.00 to manufacture - wouldn't you?

Nikes and Addidas cost around $25.00 to manufacture. Shipping, duties, and administration adds about $20.00 to that, and the profit of $5.00 is what the companies make when they sell the shoe for $50.00 at the wholesale level.

Moncler is a brand. You pay more for brand name. This is no different than a suit costing 15K.

It may be the same as a suit that costs 1K but you won't have the association with the brand. You'll have something else.

I get it, clothing is expensive, but it's probably one of the areas where we can allow people to charge whatever they want.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Moncler is a brand. You pay more for brand name. This is no different than a suit costing 15K.

It may be the same as a suit that costs 1K but you won't have the association with the brand. You'll have something else.

I get it, clothing is expensive, but it's probably one of the areas where we can allow people to charge whatever they want.

What do I get from associating myself with the brand? Can’t imagie any intelligent person caring. Wierd world. Someone unknown left a pair of flip-flops at my sons house at a party and never came back to claim them. He sold them to some moron for $250. They apparently retail for much more than that. Makes sense where this happened. People are smarter on the South Shore. Better waves, too.

From FOX News

Hats off!

That’s what a middle school on the tony North Shore of Long Island is telling parents after students have been losing $350 headware from trendy brand Moncler.

Admins at Great Neck North Middle School are pleading for students to keep their designer duds at home, saying the kids keep losing them and freaking out.

“We understand that fashion is very important to our middle schoolers,” administrators wrote in a letter obtained by The Post. “However, we have had many students who have worn their Moncler Winter Pom Pom hats to school, and either lost or misplaced them.

My heart breaks for those poor wretches and everyone should send $100 to the "Go-Fund-Me" page that I'm going to set up so that they can get new hats. Of course, the new hats might not actually cost ME $350 each, but you can rest assured that any money that is left over (after administration expenses) will be put to good use.

Breaking News ?

Breaking News ?

Was one hour old when I posted it.

They don't come much more "breaking" than that.

Besides, so far no one has blamed EITHER Climton, Obama, Trump, the URussians, the Saudis, the Iranians, the "Left", the "Right", the "Great Huge Vast Enormous Hidden Covert Concealed Secret Conspiracy Plot", the "Deep State", Christians, Jews, Muslims, Whites, Blacks, Browns, Yellows, Commies, or Nazis (either alone or in combination) and you deserve a rest from the usual fare once in a while.

Well, if you had the smarts of a snowman, you'd pay that amount for something that costs less than US$5.00 to manufacture - wouldn't you?

Nikes and Addidas cost around $25.00 to manufacture. Shipping, duties, and administration adds about $20.00 to that, and the profit of $5.00 is what the companies make when they sell the shoe for $50.00 at the wholesale level.

it's just that i can go to Kohls and get a snow hat for like twenty bucks. i guess that the brand is cool and that their parents have a lot of money or something.

i doubt that i'd pay fifteen grand for a suit, either. ****, if i had tens of thousands to blow, i would probably buy a 1968 Chrysler Imperial and a pair of leather pants.

From FOX News

Hats off!

*cough* school uniforms *cough*

This is a political forum.

i doubt that i'd pay fifteen grand for a suit, either. ****, if i had tens of thousands to blow, i would probably buy a 1968 Chrysler Imperial and a pair of leather pants.

And this is why you’ll never be in the one percent, if you’re not willing to go to galas in your crisp new Armani suit with your Rolex you’ll never make it big in society.

Sounds like a great lesson to me... let them figure it out themselves.

This is a political forum.

The attitude towards money affects the attitude towards politics.

Besides, even the stodgiest political junkies need a giggle now and then.

However, if you want to tell the mods that the thread should be moved, I have no objection whatsoever.

Well, if you put "Versace" or something on it, some imbeciles will pay a thousand.

I admit I have a basic gripe against "fashion." Half the time, the third world country factories in which most of this stuff is made produce super-fancy "designer" clothes right alongside super-cheap clothes. Same workers. Same material. But a name on the label can matter so very much to the most frivolous.

See, e.g., "Stressed Jeans"

Last edited:
Well, if you put "Versace" or something on it, some imbeciles will pay a thousand.

I admit I have a basic gripe against "fashion." Half the time, the third world country factories in which most of this stuff is made produce super-fancy "designer" clothes right alongside super-cheap clothes. Same workers. Same material. But a name on the label can matter so very much to the most frivolous.

See, e.g., "Stressed Jeans"

now that i think of it, i guess that i did ask my parents to pay a hundred bucks for Oakley sunglasses in the 1990s, so i can't pretend to be completely innocent.

And this is why you’ll never be in the one percent, if you’re not willing to go to galas in your crisp new Armani suit with your Rolex you’ll never make it big in society.

And if I am wearing the same expensive brand of suit and watch as the 50 people at a high class shindig, I would look like an idiot trying too hard to be someone else.

If I can by a fancy suit and tie for twenty dollars at a thrift shop, I can stand out by not being a slave to brand names.

And if I am wearing the same expensive brand of suit and watch as the 50 people at a high class shindig, I would look like an idiot trying too hard to be someone else.

If I can by a fancy suit and tie for twenty dollars at a thrift shop, I can stand out by not being a slave to brand names.

I would recommend that you at least get a suit fitted. Thrift store suits never look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would look better in the hat

now that i think of it, i guess that i did ask my parents to pay a hundred bucks for Oakley sunglasses in the 1990s, so i can't pretend to be completely innocent.

Do you know how many UV blocking, wrap around, industrial safety glasses you can buy for 100 1995 dollars?

Do you know how many UV blocking, wrap around, industrial safety glasses you can buy for 100 1995 dollars?

Probably a lot. Do they have iridium, though? Lol.

I actually had two pairs, as the first pair disappeared from my car. Probably stolen. I had a person or two around me with sticky fingers, I would guess. These days I buy el cheapo sunglasses.

From FOX News

Hats off!

$300 for a beanie? What spoiled brats

What brand of suit costs 15k? For that money, you're buying a couple of bespoke suits from Savile Row with plenty of change left over.

What brand of suit costs 15k? For that money, you're buying a couple of bespoke suits from Savile Row with plenty of change left over.
https://news.bgfashion.net/article/13832/45/Top-10-most-expensive-suits-in-the-world

The 10 most expensive suits in the world are all way above 20K. Saville Rows most expensive suits come in at 50K.

Again, you pay for what you get. You pay for a 100$ suit, you'll get 50$ work. You pay 800K, you'll get diamonds and maybe a blowjob from a tailor.

This isn't new at all, people.

Back
Top Bottom