• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez under investigation by House Ethics Committee

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So what has the little bar fly done now? Misusing Congressional resources and involvement with the Justice Democrats Super PAC

=====================

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. is under a House ethics investigation, according to a statement issued by the House Committee on Ethics on Wednesday.

The panel will announce its course of action after its organizational meeting in the next Congress, sometime in 2023, the statement said.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference to discuss legislation that would strengthen Social Security benefits, on Capitol Hill. On Wednesday, the House Committee on Ethics said it is investigating the congresswoman for an unspecified matter.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference to discuss legislation that would strengthen Social Security benefits, on Capitol Hill. On Wednesday, the House Committee on Ethics said it is investigating the congresswoman for an unspecified matter. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Details about what the investigation is about investigation is about haven't been released. The Office of Congressional Ethics, a nonpartisan group, forwarded its inquiry into Ocasio-Cortez to the House ethics panel in June.

I am sure congress members are referred to the ethics committee all the time. I suggest you read the second paragraph again. Consider the possibility that some hateful MAGA member referred her for something trivial to satisfy their revenge craving.

I am sure congress members are referred to the ethics committee all the time. I suggest you read the second paragraph again. Consider the possibility that some hateful MAGA member referred her for something trivial to satisfy their revenge craving.

has hateful Democrats done that in the past which could results in "revenge craving" ?

A conservative group of asswipes filed a compaint because she went to the MET gala. The "tax the rich" slogan gave them a mad, I guess.

Is this that?

A conservative group of asswipes filed a compaint because she went to the MET gala. The "tax the rich" slogan gave them a mad, I guess.

Is this that?

Sources are saying

Misusing Congressional resources and involvement with the Justice Democrats Super PAC

At best, she'll get a slap on the wrist. More likely, nothing will happen and she'll be free to act just as unethically as the rest of the corrupt people in Congress.

has hateful Democrats done that in the past which could results in "revenge craving" ?
Maybe they have. Doesn't mean she will get any disciplinary action. No one even knows what the referral is for.

Maybe they have. Doesn't mean she will get any disciplinary action. No one even knows what the referral is for.
What we do know it was filed back in June.

Hell, the Fox article doesn't say that, at least as of right now. It's dude who spams Russian intel's Trojan Horse site says sources say . . .
t comes more than a year after a number of conservative groups asked the committee to look into the congresswoman being comped $35,000 Met Gala tickets and sporting a designer-made 'Tax the Rich' dress.

So what has the little bar fly done now? Misusing Congressional resources and involvement with the Justice Democrats Super PAC

=====================

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. is under a House ethics investigation, according to a statement issued by the House Committee on Ethics on Wednesday.

The panel will announce its course of action after its organizational meeting in the next Congress, sometime in 2023, the statement said.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference to discuss legislation that would strengthen Social Security benefits, on Capitol Hill. On Wednesday, the House Committee on Ethics said it is investigating the congresswoman for an unspecified matter.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) speaks during a news conference to discuss legislation that would strengthen Social Security benefits, on Capitol Hill. On Wednesday, the House Committee on Ethics said it is investigating the congresswoman for an unspecified matter. (Photo by Drew Angerer/Getty Images)
Details about what the investigation is about investigation is about haven't been released. The Office of Congressional Ethics, a nonpartisan group, forwarded its inquiry into Ocasio-Cortez to the House ethics panel in June.

I'd like to investigate AOC. Very very thoroughly.

Hell, the Fox article doesn't say that, at least as of right now. It's dude who spams Russian intel's Trojan Horse site says sources say . . .
Ugh, damn you! Who was the poster who used to spam Zero Hedge links all the time when trying to tell everyone the economy was always terrible?

t comes more than a year after a number of conservative groups asked the committee to look into the congresswoman being comped $35,000 Met Gala tickets and sporting a designer-made 'Tax the Rich' dress.

Where did that rank in the exit polls? Dressgate, I mean. Did the voters - even the morons who voted for people like Kari Lake and Doctor Oz - say "It's a national crisis! You must investigate."

Meanwhile, the last POTUS turned out to be a tax cheat.

Is that because the 2 year probe turned up nothing, kind of like Benghazi?

https://nypost.com/2022/04/02/aoc-campaign-did-not-properly-disclose-expenses-fec-probe/

If I were the Republicans I would spend more effort wondering why they didn't have that promised "red wave". Maybe they can put Durham on this.

He's going to be staying in the hospital for some time. The procedure to remove his thumbs from his ass was long, complicated, and only partially successful. Some of his fingernails have actually been incorporated into his pelvic bone, so it'll be tough going for him for a while.

Sources are saying

Misusing Congressional resources and involvement with the Justice Democrats Super PAC
If this is the reason, it surely falls under the 'nothing to see here folks' category. She was invited as a VIP guest. If she legitimately broke a congressional rule, she should be held to account and publicly apologize.

I just don't see it. But who the hell am I?

Back
Top Bottom