• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin arrested in campaign finance scheme

Schism

Destroyer of Propaganda
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin arrested in campaign finance scheme
New York Lt. Gov. Brian Benjamin was arrested Tuesday in connection to an alleged campaign finance scam, according to a report.

Benjamin, Gov. Kathy Hochul’s No. 2, surrendered to federal authorities Tuesday morning to face a federal bribery conspiracy indictment over his alleged participation in a scheme to funnel fraudulent donations, the New York Times reported.

Benjamin was questioned earlier this year by the feds amid a reported probe into whether he was involved in an alleged plot to illegally funnel contributions to his failed campaign for city comptroller.

Another crooked politician arrested in New York.

Shocking.

What's your point? I can only guess. Please clarify. Crooked pols are arrested everywhere.

What's your point? I can only guess. Please clarify. Crooked pols are arrested everywhere.

You need clarification about the significance of the #2 pol in NY State being arrested for bribery?

LOL

The point is that it is a news story about "people on the other side behaving badly" so the OP gets to add another hashtag to the "stickin' it to the libs" chart.

If Benjamin broke the law, he should suffer the consequences. I doubt we will see a rush of Dems in here defending him or deflecting. Unlike the threads about the GQP behaving badly.

In the past year the governor and now lt governor of New York have had career ending scandals

The point is that it is a news story about "people on the other side behaving badly" so the OP gets to add another hashtag to the "stickin' it to the libs" chart.

If Benjamin broke the law, he should suffer the consequences. I doubt we will see a rush of Dems in here defending him or deflecting. Unlike the threads about the GQP behaving badly.
So...instead of rushing in here to defend a criminal, you rush in here to attack a forum member.

Good job.

Welcome to New York politics.

This is why nothing changes. I wish I could say I'm surprised. But NY has a century long tradition of scumbaggery no matter how much the little people want to stop it.

In the past year the governor and now lt governor of New York have had career ending scandals
Oh... that is not new in the least bit. The Great State of New York is Banana Republic. Two of the last four Governors had to resign

What's shocking is that someone got arrested. We all know that corruption in Govt. is not an isolated incident. We all could go through all of Congress and find a reason to put the scum in jail as long as it's not our scum. 2000 years ago the bible recognized that a kingdom divided cannot stand and here we are as a nation sorely divided. We have learned nothing. We tolerate corruption. It's everywhere. From the cops on the street to the White House. We toss our hands in the air and complain about the other person, the other party, some piece of legislation.... and yet we return to the polls and vote our favorite crook into office again and again.

Doesn't anyone think it's strange that Trump is playing golf and maybe preparing to run again after trying to overthrow the legally elected Govt? Please don't tell me that the prosecution is gathering evidence.... Trump will never serve a day in jail. Never. We aren't the kind of country that puts the leader of the opposition in jail because that would set a precedent that neither side wants, what happens illegally at the top could actually matter. I cite Nixon, Clinton and Trump as evidence and I am sure many of you could add more names without breaking into a sweat.

My historical perspective tells me that we have crossed the line where right and wrong matter. At this point it's just a matter of time until a group seizes power to "protect" the country. Trump's revolution was doomed from day one, but the reality is he didn't have an intelligent plan to accomplish his goal from the get go. I think the next time we see something like Jan. 6 it will be successful and god help those on the wrong side of the revolution. It's going to be a bloodbath, because the decades of hate will boil over just like it has all through history;

“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” Sir Winston Churchill​

I think he means as long as he or she isn’t a Republican, so what?

The main thing that I notice in these types of stories is:

1. Politicians from both sides are corrupt
2. When dems are caught, they get little to no support
3. When repub are caught, they get excused by their party and all the support they need.

Kind of goes to show, individual democrats can be corrupt, but the Republican party is corrupt.

3. When repub are caught, they get excused by their party and all the support they need.

Kind of goes to show, individual democrats can be corrupt, but the Republican party is corrupt.
Little or no support, are you joking? Look at how the establishment rallied around the Biden camp when the news broke on Hunter Biden's laptop just before the 2020 elections.

[1] Not with the frequency that I would prefer.

[2] The definition of "crooked" is incredibly fungible and really depends on whether the politician is one of "Us" or one of "Them" - doesn't it?

Some are, not all.

??

For example?

Red Herring. You literally manufactured a claim, made an unsubstantiated assertion, and used it to form a conclusion.

Seriously, the left need to stop stop wondering why nobody believes their lies.

Trump pardoned two GOP Congressmen, Hunter and Collins. I didn’t see much GOP poutage.

Little or no support, are you joking? Look at how the establishment rallied around the Biden camp when the news broke on Hunter Biden's laptop just before the 2020 elections.

That laptop has never proven to be anything other than a Facebook meme for right wing circle jerks. Also Hunter is not a politician. The best thing you have is a ghost story about the son of a poltician.

That laptop has never proven to be anything other than a Facebook meme for right wing circle jerks. Also Hunter is not a politician. The best thing you have is a ghost story about the son of a poltician.
And you're still buying that spin (and proving my point while you're at it.)

And you're still buying that spin (and proving my point while you're at it.)

What spin? There is nothing but speculation, and even if there is something, he is not considered in my point since he is not a politician. You are defending Republican acceptance of corruption by pointing to a conspiracy theory about a politicians kid. You have to realize how dumb that is even if you can't admit it since you are not allowed to speak ill of the Trump talking points. But I know deep down inside you see how dumb it is.

AbleLegitimateDungbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom