• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York gubernatorial candidate criticizes gays

Jetboogieman

Somewhere in Babylon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
New York (CNN) -- New York Republican gubernatorial candidate Carl Paladino criticized gays Sunday, saying he didn't want children "to be brainwashed into thinking that homosexuality is an equally valid or successful option," compared to heterosexuality.

"It isn't," Paladino said at a stop in Brooklyn, New York.

A prepared version of his remarks obtained by CNN from New York affiliate NY1 said that "There is nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual," though Paladino did not wind up delivering that line.

"That's not how (God) created us," the prepared remarks continued, though Paladino did not say those words.

Paladino distributed copies of his prepared remarks to reporters at the event, an address to a group of Orthodox Jews in Brooklyn's Williamsburg neighborhood.

The candidate's remarks came a day after New York police announced the arrest of an eighth suspect in a series of brutal, anti-gay hate crimes against four men.

New York gubernatorial candidate criticizes gays - CNN.com

:doh

Big doh!

Guess we can`t all be born as perfect as Mr. Paladino... :roll:

Good to know that even gubernatorial candidates can be ignorant and uneducated.

What does that Gang Incident have to do with anything concerning Palladino ????? Answer - there is zero connection except in a few minds.

A prepared version of his remarks obtained by CNN from New York affiliate NY1 said that "There is nothing to be proud of in being a dysfunctional homosexual," though Paladino did not wind up delivering that line.

What about functional homosexuals? ;)

I guess that means he loves gays who don't have issues. :D Yay! He's got my vote!

:roll:

Last edited:
Yet another person who has a problem with me existing. Yay! Hope he gets creamed in November.

Oh, and Ned, talk like this, leads to hate crimes against LGBT people.

Good to know that even gubernatorial candidates can be ignorant and uneducated.

It is sad when you think about it. The second largest state in the nation gets to choose between a loud mouth and a nepotism baby.

Yet another person who has a problem with me existing. Yay! Hope he gets creamed in November.

Oh, and Ned, talk like this, leads to hate crimes against LGBT people.

Possibly there are NO Hate Crimes .

This guy just keeps getting better and better:

Republican Paladino has 'no problem' with homosexuality

BBC News - Republican Paladino has 'no problem' with homosexuality

The Republican bidding to be New York governor is under fire after saying children should not be brainwashed into accepting homosexuality.

Hitting back on Monday, Carl Paladino said he had "no problem" with homosexuality and would hire gays.

But his initial remarks on Sunday came hours after eight people were in court over a brutal attack on three gay men in New York's Bronx borough.

His Democratic rival Andrew Cuomo accused him of "a stunning homophobia".

Speaking to NBC television on Monday, Mr Paladino described his earlier statements as reflecting his Catholic beliefs. He described anti-gay discrimination as "horrible".

But then he said children should not be "exposed" to homosexuality, especially at gay pride parades at which "they wear these little Speedos and they grind against each other".

"It's just a terrible thing," he told presenter Matt Lauer. "Why would you bring your children to that?"

The day before, Mr Paladino criticised Mr Cuomo for marching in a gay pride parade and told an audience at a synagogue in New York City: "That's not how God created us and that's not the example that we should be showing our children."

Earlier on Sunday, eight gang suspects arrested over the torture of two teenage boys and a man in an anti-gay attack appeared in court on hate crime charges.

Once Again - What connection does that Gang Incident have with Palladino??

Also Cuomo (like so many others) is where he is today because of his Daddy. His Daddy got to be the Governor because he was a conniving Bastard.

I actually agree 100% with Carl Paladino.
:thumbs:

Good for him for speaking out when most are scared to.

I actually agree 100% with Carl Paladino.
:thumbs:

Good for him for speaking out when most are scared to.

You think homosexuals are inferior deviants?

Homophobia? I don't know if "most are scared to" or if most are merely behaving like adults.

Don't you know anything Ikari!

Gays destroy the fabric of American Society!

I mean, how else do you explain this:

Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.

It's quite obvious the gays are to blame!

And so we have to speak out against them, before it's too late!

Homophobia? I don't know if "most are scared to" or if most are merely behaving like adults.
Most get attacked mercilessly for being against homosexuality. Being a 20 year old college kid, like 80% of people I know my age are pro-gay, and being anti-gay will almost always result in persecution. Plus it isn't PC, people treat being anti-gay as a bad thing.
You think homosexuals are inferior deviants?
I believe homosoxuality is inferior to heterosexuality. Not that I think homosexual individuals are, but the sexuality is. I also believe it's immoral and should not be treated as moral.

Most get attacked mercilessly for being against homosexuality. Being a 20 year old college kid, like 80% of people I know my age are pro-gay, and being anti-gay will almost always result in persecution. Plus it isn't PC, people treat being anti-gay as a bad thing.

I believe homosoxuality is inferior to heterosexuality. Not that I think homosexual individuals are, but the sexuality is. I also believe it's immoral and should not be treated as moral.

Here's a hint,
Because it is ;)

Here's a hint,
Because it is ;)

No it's not ;) Being against the homosexual agenda is not a bad thing. It's a belief, and from my point of view being pro-homosexual agenda is a bad thing. It's a personal belief.

No it's not ;) Being against the homosexual agenda is not a bad thing. It's a belief, and from my point of view being pro-homosexual agenda is a bad thing. It's a personal belief.

Just like being racist is a personal belief, and just like believing killing people in the name of God is a good thing is a belief. Just because it is a personal belief doesn't make it right.

Just like being racist is a personal belief, and just like believing killing people in the name of God is a good thing is a belief. Just because it is a personal belief doesn't make it right.

So believing homosexuality is a sin and not wanting it to have a legal status as marriage makes someone equal to a murderer and a racist? I don't hate gays, one of my good friends from childhood is gay. However, I believe it's wrong, not marriage, and immoral and should not be treated as such.

Most get attacked mercilessly for being against homosexuality. Being a 20 year old college kid, like 80% of people I know my age are pro-gay, and being anti-gay will almost always result in persecution.

I don't think it's a "pro-gay" attitude or something, it's more like minding your own business. It doesn't matter if someone is gay or not, and it's none of our business if they are. People are who they are, and in this country so long as you aren't infringing upon the rights of others, you're free to be as you are. Instead of getting on your soap box and preaching this or that, I'd say mind your own damned beeswax. Some one is gay, fine. WTF is it to you? How does it negatively impact you? It doesn't. Them being gay is no detriment to your life, liberty, or property. It's not like they're forcing you to be gay. If they were, then you'd have a point. Till then, you don't.

Plus it isn't PC, people treat being anti-gay as a bad thing.

Probably because of the ignorance inherent to the anti-gay mentality. You may think that it's "immoral" to be gay. So don't be gay. But others may think it is immoral to be anti-gay and that it should not be treated as moral. There's no point in singling out a particular section of our population and rallying against them so long as they aren't infringing upon the rights and liberties of other people. If they aren't hurting anyone, then they're free to do as they like. This sort of bigotry and intolerance towards others is a bit Dark Ages if you ask me.

So believing homosexuality is a sin and not wanting it to have a legal status as marriage makes someone equal to a murderer and a racist? I don't hate gays, one of my good friends from childhood is gay. However, I believe it's wrong, not marriage, and immoral and should not be treated as such.

yet, you believe he is immoral and should not be treated equally. some friend, dig.

Well maybe not a murderer (depends on how far you take it). but definitely equal to racist.

Back
Top Bottom