• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

I always ask this question and never get a answer. If the liberals control tv why are conservatives so weak and powerless?
I guess I missed that part of your question. I just answered your question "Name a liberal TV show". Liberals don't control tv...I think it's 50/50

Might as well be is not good enough for me. Free speech is so important that restrictions on it have to be the very least we can live with
Good thing this thread has nothing at all to do with "Free speech." I thought making that explicit in the comment you quoted would be enough clarity. Guess not.

Good thing this thread has nothing at all to do with "Free speech." I thought making that explicit in the comment you quoted would be enough clarity. Guess not.
In your opinion. I disagree

Incitement to violence only exists if it calls for a specific act of violence to be committed, something Tucker has never done, unlike the left who openly justify looting and theft as a form of racial reparations.
That's just attempting to move the goalpost. Unfortunately instilling that level of fear and anger can provoke violence and F*cker C*ntson does a fine job of it.

On the other hand, where are these more specific calls for violence from 'the left'?

So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.
Alright! I was worried we weren't going to get to have another White Supremacist grievance thread!

Thank yo!!!!

I'm not so sure the shooter explicitly said that. Someone PM'd me the "manifesto" - I'm reading through it now. I'll see exactly how accurate the media is on reporting this.

But, limiting the ability to discuss things on social media is not an answer. This shooter was psychotic - a big break from reality. If anyone dropped the ball, it's gotta abe the people he knew in his life -someone knew the guy was crackers, and did nothing about it, that's my guess.

The killer stated he'd only started having racist views from when he turned 15 and on. In June of last year he was physically taken by LE to a mental facility and stayed there for 1 1/2 days. So either the facility/hospital didn't do a very thorough assessment or maybe he's like that killer Elliot Rodgers who actually had police at his door right before his killing spree and he convinced them he was all good to go. I'm hoping at some point soon we find out what went on for that 1 1/2 days.

It's hopeless. Even if Tucker Carlson just straight up said "I HATE NON-WHITES AND THINK AMERICAN IS FOR EUROPEAN AMERICANS" they would dodge it. How do I know? Because that's what the shooter said very plainly in his manifesto and conservatives are claiming he's left wing. If Tucker Carlson's optics ever became bad enough he needed to be denounced they will just claim he's actually a leftist fascist because he appropriates the language of economic populism.
This

Take a look at these verified ones then. they're no better.

Hate speech is not "free" speech if it incites violence.
I don't want him fired. I want him forced to stay on the air and recant all his racist, white supremacist bullshit. He should be forced to do it for the rest of his life, then perhaps, he might not go the naughty place.

Ahh, so a document describing in detail the weapon used in the attack, a drawing of the store he planned to (and did attack) with detailed plans on how to escape, which also specifically mentions details of his childhood, the area where the shooting happened, and approximate time the shooting would take place happened to drop just before the shooting took place. This document was also mentioned by the shooter on his life stream, was posted by him in his discord, and another similar rant was released alongside it by him in discord.

What a crazy wacky coincidence. The only way in which he didn't write it is many of the more generic portions of it were copy pasted from the Christ Church shooters manifesto.
That poster is doing his level (and extremely inept) best to confuse the issue. That's all.

It's not untrue - it's plainly very true. The Democrats have an open border policy, and their goal is to increase their voter base. And, Carlson's words are quite clear - he's stating that it's what the Democrats wish to do and he's referring to the voter base - the electorate. That's what he flat out says.
Oh FFS this shit again. Where is this 'open border policy'? What laws were enacted, bills passed, executive orders written? Has the border crossing been taken down? Has border patrol and ICE been stood down? Is all paperwork waived? Has the administration signaled it would do any of these and if so where?

Show us the actual evidence of this 'policy'.

Indians never believed in owning land, you forget that part?

I didn't forget it because it's not true. It's a bedtime story whitey tells himself to feel better.

Native Americans did not have the European concept of land purchase, title deed and ownership under a legal framework because none of those very western constructs applied to their society or way of life.

But whether they believed it or not, it was their home, their territory, way of life and their resources that were taken from them.

Next they'll try to tell us slavery was okay because Africans didn't have a 'bill of rights'.

In your opinion. I disagree
It's not about opinion - the thread is about the governor making non-binding suggestions to social media companies. None of that implicates the 1A right to 'free speech' any more than the moderators on here violate "free speech" when they boot someone. She's exercising her right to free speech, to make suggestions, express her opinion. She doesn't lose that right when elected.

It's not about opinion - the thread is about the governor making non-binding suggestions to social media companies. None of that implicates the 1A right to 'free speech' any more than the moderators on here violate "free speech" when they boot someone. She's exercising her right to free speech, to make suggestions, express her opinion. She doesn't lose that right when elected.
She is an agent of the state and her actions could be viewed as pressuring private companies to censor

Do you really think the founders would have perfectly perfected modern propaganda had they foreseen it being the primary tool used by every modern tyrant to establish and maintain their tyrannies?

They denied every tyrant’s tool they knew of at the time.

Professionals with degrees craft it, using a hundred years of research. And it works. Because tens of millions believe the election was stolen. All of whom get all their information from one mediasphere.

You don't see the potential for abuse? How one side or the other can use things like this to stifle the political views of their opposition?

Promote the idea all you want.
What does “promote” mean in this context?
See how it works out for you. I really do not care if you get booted. I know racist vermin are routinely booted, and that idea is racist to the core.
Many people are routinely booted from this forum. I don’t think anyone has been booted for being “racist” unless they’ve been breaking forum rules. DP is very bureaucratic about rules and is far more fair and open than say, Twitter. I’ve gotten strikes for name calling, one for telling someone to not drink in the morning, etc. I’ve never gotten a warning for political content
That's just an outright lie. No one other than cranks who do not matter to anything is advocating for "open immigration."
Open immigration is the logical conclusion of leftist immigration policies. They believe immigration restriction and border enforcement is “racist” in the leftist context of “racist” (true racism, like believing in the genetic and moral superiority of one race over the other is evil, but it’s very rare, leftists use racist to mean any disparity that may negative effect someone whom they define as not-white) which is an evil in their mind. They also believe diversity is an affirmative moral good in and of itself. Finally there’s many leftists who openly say that America has an obligation to take in millions because of past offenses whether real or imagined committed by America against their home countries. There is leftists who say in total sincerity Guatemalans have a human right to live in America because of the coup there in the 1950s.

She is an agent of the state and her actions could be viewed as pressuring private companies to censor
In much the same way the conservative's actually overtly threatened social media unless they carried content. And government compelled speech is just as offensive to the 1A as censorship. The Texas law targeting social media was an actual violation of the 1A, which is why the courts stayed it immediately. Soon to be struck down.

Point is this kind of "pressure" works both ways and it's fine until efforts like that in Texas in fact attempt to compel or censor speech.

The guy is a raving nutcase and trying to pretend he fits some political pigeonhole is fruitless
These nutcases have broken minds. They don't work properly. They literally don't have the capacity to genuinely a part of any party. The fact that their decision, to further their beliefs, is to murder innocent people shows that.

What does “promote” mean in this context?
The same as in the usual context. I don't understand your question.
Many people are routinely booted from this forum. I don’t think anyone has been booted for being “racist” unless they’ve been breaking forum rules. DP is very bureaucratic about rules and is far more fair and open than say, Twitter. I’ve gotten strikes for name calling, one for telling someone to not drink in the morning, etc. I’ve never gotten a warning for political content.
That isn't the point. DP can boot anyone for any reason or no reason, and they regularly exercise that right, and violations of 'free speech' have nothing to do with anything. They make the rules, and we live by them, period. That's freedom, protected by the 1A.
Open immigration is the logical conclusion of leftist immigration policies. They believe immigration restriction and border enforcement is “racist” in the leftist context of “racist” (true racism, like believing in the genetic and moral superiority of one race over the other is evil, but it’s very rare, leftists use racist to mean any disparity that may negative effect someone whom they define as not-white) which is an evil in their mind. They also believe diversity is an affirmative moral good in and of itself. Finally there’s many leftists who openly say that America has an obligation to take in millions because of past offenses whether real or imagined committed by America against their home countries. There is leftists who say in total sincerity Guatemalans have a human right to live in America because of the coup there in the 1950s.
So it's a lie, but you assert it because you've made up a logical conclusion that has no basis in reality, isn't advanced by anyone not a crank, but is something you heard on Fox? Is that about the gist of it?

And then you pile on more lies. "The left" by any sane definition doesn't believe immigration restriction is racist. Every "leftist" in power supports restrictions. Obama presided over a small fraction (net approximately zero) of illegal immigrants compared to Bush II for example.

The cherry topper is invoking the "many leftists" straw man. Yes, many _________ believe all kinds of stupid crap. Many MAGAs are outright white supremacists, I know some of them, so, therefore, the MAGAs are all white supremacist dirtbags, or something.

How cute a dishonest meme, remind us how the Indians came to the America's or ever owned land
They didn't feel the need to own the land, they used what they needed from the land. If ownership of land is your benchmark to be an American, what
is your opinion of those who rent homes as opposed to owning them.

So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.
Freedom of speech has never been absolute. Publishing troop movements during war, posting plans to a nuclear device, speech inciting violence, issuing threats, etc. have a history of being not protected.

It is a valid question to ask whether the racist belief of replacement theory hits under those not protected examples. I do think that legitimate news organizations used to self censor. Now, the attraction of profit making viewers is all that they care about.

Back
Top Bottom