• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

If they didn't own the land, then they didn't lose anything to the European colonists.
And how do you figure that? They had land that they used, farmed, hunted, and lived on. Then they couldn't use that land anymore and in the vast majority of cases were not compensated in any way.

Twas I. It was very difficult to find.

View attachment 67391168

I think social media is separate from free speech. I do not think an organization should be forced to host videos of mass shootings and those shooters manifestos.
That's not what he said. He said discuss this on social media, while went straight to you remark about be forced to host. Two completely different things.

It's all I need to know. After almost 40 years of supporting the Republican Party, all I see today are a bunch of ignorant paranoid bigots who no longer keep their ignorant bigotry to themselves. They wave it around like a flag. Tucker has enabled them, and emboldened them.
tres,
it's sad that you think that of all the Republican party. It points to the severe divide we have in this country along with a whole host of problems caused by identity politics. Are we ever going to wake up and realize that a lot of the problems that are getting worse daily are caused by us allowing identity politics a foothold/?

That's not what he said. He said discuss this on social media, while went straight to you remark about be forced to host. Two completely different things.
I based my comment off the quotes in the article which implied to me cracking down on both sharing the content of mass shooters (as we know that inspires other shooters) and the people spreading the great replacement theory. I have a different interpretation of the article than you perhaps?

First of all, employers can't "keep wages down". If they could, everyone would be making minimum wage.

Employers shop for the best deal for labor, in the same way that everyone shops for the best deals. Anytime you compare prices or quality you are looking for the most value for the lowest price, and you do that nearly every time you buy something. So let's not denounce employers for doing what everyone else does every single day.

Focusing on the text in bold, consider these two scenarios:

1. A boy is born in the US. He is raised properly, does well in school, and becomes a civil engineer. He enters the American job market for the first time at 25 years old.

2. A boy is born in India. He is raised properly, does well in school, and becomes a civil engineer. At 25 years old, he moves to the US and enters the American job market.

Is it your position that scenario 1 benefits the country while 2 does not?
There is missing information: Does the job market hold both of them, do they take the same wage, are we wanting "Americans" to do better than counterparts or are we just concerned about filling the slot?
I am sure they both can provide the service of civil engineering but prioritizing Americans here in America is now called nationalism (while sneering at the word). We should ALL want Americans to do well, better even than our foreign counterparts for the simple reason that they aren't Americans. Add to that something which has been misunderstood for the past few decades: cultural changes happen over time, if the country was founded upon the cultural mores of Europeans (and it was) then the standard for success is based upon that culture. When other cultures enter the market they have 2 choices: conform and succeed, or fight the culture that is here or try to get it changed.

What we've heard for a while now is that there is oppression from the dominant culture. I would suggest conforming to what the dominant culture views as success, if of course, they want to succeed. What we have though is a huge fight about the dominant culture (Identity politics is born)

They did lose the right to roam the land freely. Being put on a reservation would be the modern day equivalent of not being allowed to leave the city you live in.

Land they didn't own, according to you.

Oh please there are ten conservative shows on fox alone
Do you have another net work? Glen Becks The blaze closed down years ago, meanwhile you have 500 liberal channels to choose from

Actually, it appears he did.... Meanwhile, the impeachment was not fake... it gathered a sizeable majority of votes, more than any impeachment in American history, while some of the members who voted no later said that Trump was actually and morally responsible. So, go ahead an live in your cocoon of ignorance, if you so choose. But if you emerge with further nonsense, expect to be slapped with reality again.

Bills impeachment was 50/50

Do you have another net work? Glen Becks The blaze closed down years ago, meanwhile you have 500 liberal channels to choose from
This is the question you can never answer

If the liberals are so powerful in media why are conservatives so weak and powerless?

Land they didn't own, according to you.
They had a culture that didn't value land ownership. It (the land and their culture) was definitely taken from them though.
Colonialism is how the world was formed, and that colonialism definitely destroyed cultures and replaced them with others. In a lot of cases this was a net positive for the growth of the world but those cultures suffered tragic losses in some cases.

This is the question you can never answer

If the liberals are so powerful in media why are conservatives so weak and powerless?
Entertainment....

Not many leftys like to them, listening to boring talk radio about news and politics, they like listening to songs and listening to Ed and booger in the morning on WKRP.

Case in point the failed Air America liberal talk show station syndicated nation wide, I like listening to them for the lefts point of view but unfortunately it was me and only 50 people nation wide.

Entertainment....

Not many leftys like to them boring talk radio about news and politics, they like listening to songs and listening to Ed and booger in the morning on WKRP.

Case in point the failed Air America liberal talk show station syndicated nation wide, I like listening to them for the lefts point of view but unfortunately it was me and only 50 people nation wide.
Yeah I guess you guys will remain weak and powerless in media

tres,
it's sad that you think that of all the Republican party. It points to the severe divide we have in this country along with a whole host of problems caused by identity politics. Are we ever going to wake up and realize that a lot of the problems that are getting worse daily are caused by us allowing identity politics a foothold/?

It's sadder that the Republican Party I supported for almost 40 years has become the party of Trump, bigotry, and anger. I can't help that. That's on them.

I didn't cause the problems. They did.

He's a natural born Citizen American Patriot.

The question is, are they Israeli Firsters? If they are, they're no good.

What the **** is relevant about being "natural born"? Are you saying you can't be a patriot (whatever that may be) if you are not natural born?

No, Tucker is a piece of shit.

It’s really wierd since the left wants to emulate Scandinavia in every other way, but that aside, no you shouldn’t have to move from the land of your birth in order to discuss political issues.

That’s not true. There’s maybe 100,000,000 more people to the US population than there otherwise would have been solely because of immigration law changes in 1965. We have basically built 35 manhattans for new arrivals and their descendants. Now we have water shortages in the south west, high housing costs, less political freedom, and more division in society

Well your idea of sympathy is “if youre not a leftist you need to self denounce”

So obviously you’re not seeing that kind of “sympathy”

My idea of sympathy is showing sympathy for the dead people. Sympathy doesn't have a political bias, and I said nothing about denouncing anything, making your post stupid. But it's you. Your posts are always stupid.

It's sadder that the Republican Party I supported for almost 40 years has become the party of Trump, bigotry, and anger. I can't help that. That's on them.

They feel without hate speech and conspiracy mongering, they are at a political disadvantage.

Republicans aren't the party of identity politics though. Trump was/is a symptom of the disease. A disease most people willingly overlook due to personal bias and or what they deem important. HOW they get those things is extremely important. Kindness is gone, compromise is gone and that is NOT on one party, no matter what the media or others say.

So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.
If you want to read his meanderings, just buy Tucker Carlson's book, or read the manifesto from the Christchurch shooter.

So, a killer wrote a 180 page "screed" (which I can't find anywhere, and I'd like to read it, so I could know what the hell the guy was writing, rather than rely on the media to tell me what they think it says), and so NY Governor Hochul thinks that nobody should be allowed to talk about "replacement theory."

All we apparently get to know, though, is that the 180 pages consisted of racist memes and slurs, and that he repeatedly talked about "the great replacement" or something. We don't get to read it ourselves now. And, now Hochul wants to make it illegal to refer to any "replacement," which, of course, to Democrats means that nobody should be able to say that illegal immigration is a problem because it's changing American demographics quickly and unsustainably. If you say that, then it's a form of "replacement theory."

One can already see where this is going. They'll take a psycho's "manifesto" of a seriously mentally ill person who shot people in a tragic and horrid incident, and they'll overlay that on anything "conservative" or "right wing" (which nowadays is anything right of Mao, and that will be called "hate speech" which must be censored from the internet, lest someone act violently.
Social media isn't the government and yes, this shows that there should be some responsibility held by social media sites when this stuff happens....making them civilly liable for allowing nonsense like this on their platform isn't regulating speech.

Social media isn't the government and yes, this shows that there should be some responsibility held by social media sites when this stuff happens....making them civilly liable for allowing nonsense like this on their platform isn't regulating speech.
Of course it is regulating speech, it just isn't the government regulating speech (unless of course the government calls for it ...)

Of course it is regulating speech, it just isn't the government regulating speech (unless of course the government calls for it ...)
then it isn't regulating free speech under the 1st amendment...which prohibits the government from regulating it. The private platform can be lawfully held liable and yelling fire in a theatre isn't free speech.

Back
Top Bottom