• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Governor Calls for Limits on the First Amendment in Response to Psychotic Killer

Next we will be banning rap music and violent video games. Way to go New York.

Just got through the first page, and lost patience, surely several more intelligent posters noticed the complete factual disconnect between the thread title's reference for 'limits on the first amendment', and the Governors actual remarks about social media company's responsibility to monitor its own quality assurance levels on its own product line, which essentially is the posts sitting on their media.

There is no govt censurship because there is no formal statute, or regulatory proposal in those remarks. This is more akin to publicly asking responsible product manufacturers to come up with a plan to prevent product tamperers from sneaking glass shards or poison inside the bottles, and bags of edible consumer products that come out of its production assembly.

Last edited:
The idea that immigrants are replacing us is racist. Who is us? Obviously he means White people. He says they are destroying our (White) culture. He claims they are "destroying America". That American voters are being replaced with "foreign" invader voters.

I would say that is pretty racist. Many immigrants are very conservative and Christian who only skew Dem because the GOP so openly hates them. Some still vote red anyway, like Cubans.

Who "obviously" means white people? Who says that immigrants are destroying "white" culture? Who says that "us" obviously means "white people". I don't think American culture is "white". Do you?

This is another example of over-reach with accusations of racism. Most immigrants are from Latin America. Are they not "white" (if that actually means anything)?

With respect to the United States, I think "replacement theory" is simply and comically wrong. There is no threat to US culture from immigration. First, most immigrants are coming from cultures very similar to ours. Second, "culture" is and and always has been a fluid and dynamic quality, arising at any locality from a mixture of the different cultural norms of the people who live there; almost by definition, American culture is an eclectic mix coming from immigrants.

But one would have to be both unimaginative and ignorant of history not to realize that the destruction (or "replacement") of a society by immigrants is never a threat under any circumstances. If someone thinks it's just racist stupidity to consider that there might be negative consequences to an existing society from mass immigration, they ought to ask the Hellenized culture of Asia Minor about it. Or, closer to home, ask Native Americans. It looks to me as if the cultural fabric of Europe might very well be potentially threatened by mass immigration, but not the US.

We seem to have reached the point at which ideas themselves cannot be separated from crazy or evil people who cite those ideas. The Boston shooter (may) have said something about "replacement". Therefore anyone who talks about "replacement" is evil and racist. Therefore we need to stop people talking about the idea, because some crazy person might react to it. This cannot lead to anything good.

Perhaps..... Do we let radical Islamists, terrorists, have free run of our social media? Should we? That's free speech.

Absolutely yes. Under the same qualifications that apply to anyone else, that is no incitement of violence.

Unless they are extremely unintelligent (which some are) a fascist will not say they are a fascist. They will just ask questions that lead people to their conclusions.

Why do Black people commit crime at a higher rate? Why do so many institutions have high ranking Jewish officials? Why are politicians not concerned about declining White birth rates? Why do the Democrats want demographic change?

WHAT?! I'm not racist! I'm just asking questions they don't want you to ask. I'm just concerned about preserving American culture and rising crime rates.

Those are all good questions that merit discussion.

And they may very well have answers that undermine fascism and racism rather than support it. In fact, I think they do have such answers, and that talking about them disarms fascists rather than strengthening them.,

I don't think American culture is "white". Do you?
No, I think Tucker does.

Or, closer to home, ask Native Americans.
We didn't migrate, we genocided. Comparing immigrants from south American and simply living and working here to the American genocide of Native Americans is absurd.

The Boston shooter (may) have said something about "replacement". Therefore anyone who talks about "replacement" is evil and racist.
Replacement theory is and has always been racist. The GOP for decades has talked about the problems immigration causes. While sometimes I think they have done so in a racist way, notice nobody is saying Bush's rhetoric or Lindsey Graham's caused mass shootings of Black people. Their rhetoric at the very least focused on economic issues for the most part and didn't make it out to be this civilization destroying level threat.

Tucker Carlson's rhetoric is meaningfully different in all the wrong ways.

The killer stated he'd only started having racist views from when he turned 15 and on. In June of last year he was physically taken by LE to a mental facility and stayed there for 1 1/2 days. So either the facility/hospital didn't do a very thorough assessment or maybe he's like that killer Elliot Rodgers who actually had police at his door right before his killing spree and he convinced them he was all good to go. I'm hoping at some point soon we find out what went on for that 1 1/2 days.

Mental facilities don't have the authority to hold people indefinitely, no matter what they may or may not diagnose.

Social media isn't the government and yes, this shows that there should be some responsibility held by social media sites when this stuff happens....making them civilly liable for allowing nonsense like this on their platform isn't regulating speech.
Umm, of course it is regulating speech. Making someone civilly liable for someone else writing a weird opinion piece is most certainly censorship.

Land they didn't own, according to you.

The fact that a number of tribes attacked European settlers when they saw they weren't going away is an indication that Native Americans put value on their access to the land, even if some of them didn't claim legal ownership. The lack of a private land ownership concept among Native Americans is not a serious justification for taking the land they were on and putting it out of their use.

No, I think Tucker does.

Evidence, apart from "he wouldn't say that out loud"? And even if he does, so what?

We didn't migrate, we genocided. Comparing immigrants from south American and simply living and working here to the American genocide of Native Americans is absurd.

That might be absurd if anyone had said it. I didn't. I said that immigration into the US is not a cultural threat, but that doesn't mean that immigration can never be a cultural threat, and used Native Americans as an example. I get the impression you normally read what you respond to, but you didn't this time.

Replacement theory is and has always been racist. The GOP for decades has talked about the problems immigration causes. While sometimes I think they have done so in a racist way, notice nobody is saying Bush's rhetoric or Lindsey Graham's caused mass shootings of Black people. Their rhetoric at the very least focused on economic issues for the most part and didn't make it out to be this civilization destroying level threat.

That's simply an assertion. I explained why the idea isn't necessarily racist (although it's stupid when applied the US' current situation). I don't watch Carlson, but I looked at the links here and saw no evidence he was talking about anything but voter shifts.

You can criticize his solution, but I think we have to recognize there is an issue. This shooter and many others have explicitly said they were radicalized to act by seeing the actions of other shooters on social media. He wanted to radicalize more people and that's why he streamed it on Twitch. He lays out all this in his manifesto. His radicalization through far right memes and prior mass shooters, how he tried to emulated them, and how he acted how he did to try to inspire more people in the same way he was.
We dont have to "recognize there is an issue" because there are absolutely zero circumstances where you would be "recognizing an issue" if the violence targeted or was committed by the right groups of people. For example Rotherham in England, parents who had the nerve to have a protest about what happened there got assaulted by people who just love all the colors and symbols in your avatar. Waukesha, the NY Subway shooter, and all the violence that happened during the 2020 riots all get swept under the rug, because its violence that targets me and people like me. This doesnt because it can be used as propaganda against white people, giving the insane impression that white on black violence is some kind of pervasive problem while simultaneously making the truth unspeakable(racism).

This isnt a "difference of opinion" or priorities. Its an ideology explicitly built on enabling racial violence. You only have to read a book called Days of Rage to find out what Susan Rosenberg, the primary fundraiser for BLM during their riots, thinks about black on white violence which is that its really cool and she supports it.

Absolutely yes. Under the same qualifications that apply to anyone else, that is no incitement of violence.
I don't know about you, but I'm not providing a platform on any site I'd own for people celebrating violence, even if not 'inciting' violence. Private entities like Twitter et al. don't have to care about 1A limits and can ban radicals even if they're not explicitly calling for violence, and I believe should do so.

then it isn't regulating free speech under the 1st amendment...which prohibits the government from regulating it. The private platform can be lawfully held liable and yelling fire in a theatre isn't free speech.
Ok, so what would you call it when a government official tells a social media platform that THEY should regulate speech?
Granted, it doesn't necessarily come with a punishment but it is coercive, at the least. That coercion should not have come from that official.

so you want america to go the way of the indians? Ok. Yea. Time to crack down on immigrants then, because im not going to let you do that.
Aren't you in Israel? So, how is it that you have any authority to decide what does or doesn't happen in the US when you aren't even living here?

Aren't you in Israel? So, how is it that you have any authority to decide what does or doesn't happen in the US when you aren't even living here?
Why would I be in israel? I'm an american citizen! Do i lose that right the minute i leave an airport?

Why would I be in israel? I'm an american citizen! Do i lose that right the minute i leave an airport?
Your flag certainly shows you in Israel. If you live abroad, even if a citzen, you don't get to dictate to those who actually live here. You can vote for president....how we live is rightfully not your business.

No, I think Tucker does.

Which really was just a more efficient way to destroy their culture. The way cultures get destroyed now a days? A simple migration would have worked to erode the Am Indian culture just as surely as the genocide did (and likely with nary a thought of harm)

Illegal immigration most certainly is a threat, economically, politically, and possibly culturally. How big a threat would depend on how many are let ride in the system. That current number is between 10-30 Million.

Your flag certainly shows you in Israel.
That's the location of the ip address. Not necessarily my location.
If you live abroad, even if a citzen, you don't get to dictate to those who actually live here.
I am certainly not a fan of dictators, but I'm going to have to stand up for the constitutional rights and freedoms for our fellow american citizens....people who vote...and insist that you are just wrong. An american in antarctica gets the same vote in politics that you do, so his/her opinion is legit all the same to you.
You can vote for president....how we live is rightfully not your business.
wow, racist. holy ****. Doesn't this violate forum rules?

How is it "coercive?"
Governmental official is in a position of authority with the possible power to threaten. How else would things be coercive?
Joe Blow off the DP vs the Governor of a state you do business in. I wonder which ones word have more weight to the company?

That's the location of the ip address. Not necessarily my location.

I am certainly not a fan of dictators, but I'm going to have to stand up for the constitutional rights and freedoms for our fellow american citizens....people who vote...and insist that you are just wrong. An american in antarctica gets the same vote in politics that you do, so his/her opinion is legit all the same to you.

wow, racist. holy ****. Doesn't this violate forum rules?
what is racist about it? I don't know what race or ethnic origin you are nor do I care to know. I said you don't live here, thus why I pointed out it doesn't affect you. I am an American, I live here. You don't get to dictate that we should not allow whites to become a minority.....that is racist.

Back
Top Bottom