• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Democratic governor signs law limiting concealed carry of firearms in wake of Supreme Court ruling

We're asking the wrong question.

We are faced with a logical fail from the Supreme Court. If all life is equal under the eyse of the law...

Why is ANY place "sensitive"?

Is a judges life more valuable than a subway rider? A school kid? I dude walking down the street?

That makes no logical sense.

In general, the supreme court is the weakest of the three branches, in that their role is simply to ensure that the actions of the other branches fall within the constitution and laws passed under the constitutional framework. Arguably recent decisions have made them weaker by affirming they can't create their own quasi-laws.

You're a goofy person. Coequal branches doesn't mean there is one that is weakest.

We're asking the wrong question.

We are faced with a logical fail from the Supreme Court. If all life is equal under the eyse of the law...

Why is ANY place "sensitive"?

Is a judges life more valuable than a subway rider? A school kid? I dude walking down the street?
Yes. The protection of the state is more important than the individual. History is full of coups against the state.

No matter what the Governor thinks, some of this won't stand. They will be sued and lose. The whole point of CCW is to protect yourself from criminals. Public transportation in NY, ie; the SUBWAY, is one of the most dangerous places in NYC. "Sensitive area" my ass. Law abiding citizens should definitely be able to carry onnthe subway. And why is times square a sensitive area? These lawmakers in NY have their head up their ass.
I'm sure criminals will have no problem obeying these laws!

This ruling was about letting law-abiding citizens get CCW permits. CCW holders are amongst the most law abiding citizens in our country. Why on Earth would one of them perpetrate a mass shooting?

I really do understand. Like I said, I am a gun owner.

Back
Top Bottom