• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York City Paying For LGBTQIAC2+ Ads in Florida

And you still think displaying that picture representing you makes you credible.
At least my picture is attractive and inspirational.

Your continued whataboutism just makes my point for me. Keep it coming. šŸ˜

Its good that all the supporters of child predators are raising their hands and being recognized.

As if their support of the SCOTUS nominee wasnt enough.
Like Ben Shapiro said on his podcast about dumb people moving to New York,
"Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out".

He moved from CA to FL last year and put his business in Tennessee - for those of you who know anything about Ben Shapiro.

What does 'woke' mean?
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away it used to mean overzealous social justice types, somewhat synonymous with SJW.

Now I'm pretty sure it means you think minorities should have rights and that 19th amendment was a good thing.

Last edited:
Probably because of the number of New York residents who now call Florida home.

Like Ben Shapiro said on his podcast about dumb people moving to New York,
"Don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out".

He moved from CA to FL last year and put his business in Tennessee - for those of you who know anything about Ben Shapiro.
I cant think of anything more classic idiot leftist than "oh man...this is bullshit...we cant push a gay/trans agenda to kindergartners...thats it...we are moving to NYC!"

Idk but in the real world people on the left generally use LGBTQ+ or queer. I'm convinced the longer acronym is a conservative psyop to make the left look crazy.
Not sure what the C stands for but I intersex and A asexual i think.

Not sure what the C stands for but I intersex and A asexual i think.
He just added the C himself. I think the A can also stand for Ally.

If I was a New York resident, I would be pissed at my govt sponsoring ads in Florida over this, but as a Floridian its a win win. Someone else is paying to lure people who are hostile to parents and want to teach sex politics to young children, to New York. Money is donated by New Yorkers, and others in the country I assume. And this is appears to an official NYC supported campaign, so there's some tax dollars mixed in paying officials to run it.

The "Parental Rights in Education bill" (HB 1557) says "classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."
The New York City ad campaign is intended to show support for the LGBTQ community in Florida in response to the "state-sponsored discrimination," Adams said.
Good to see the mayor of NYC has his spending priorities in order :rolleyes:

What, in the flying frack, is LGBTQIAC+ ?

If that acronym gets any longer you're going to hurt yourself.
It seems like the idiots add a new letter to it every other month.

I cant think of anything more classic idiot leftist than "oh man...this is bullshit...we cant push a gay/trans agenda to kindergartners...thats it...we are moving to NYC!"
Is Eric Adams simply virtue signaling to the LGBTQ community in NYC?
Or does he really believe what he is saying on his million dollar billboards in major cities in FL?

Good to see the mayor of NYC has his spending priorities in order :rolleyes:
You have a high crime/murder rate in NYC and he is spending millions of tax payer dollars to draw people from FL who have a driving need to talk to K-3 children about their sex lives and same sex parents.
What about spending more money on police to get guns out of the hands of criminals?

So glad I no longer have any reason to visit NYC anytime in the future.

You have a high crime/murder rate in NYC and he is spending millions of tax payer dollars to draw people from FL who have a driving need to talk to K-3 children about their sex lives and same sex parents.
What about spending more money on police to get guns out of the hands of criminals?

So glad I no longer have any reason to visit NYC anytime in the future.
And people getting assaulted on the subway...

You can be as 'woke' as you wish to be.
Myself, I am no social justice warrior like a Barack Obama.
I believe in equality for all races and ethnic groups.
And I want everyone who is whining about social injustice in this free country to stay of my face and use your freedom to make your own path in life.

You can be as 'woke' as you wish to be.
Myself, I am no social justice warrior like a Barack Obama.
I believe in equality for all races and ethnic groups.
And I want everyone who is whining about social injustice in this free country to stay of my face and use your freedom to make your own path in life.
I suspect that no one is actually in your face. I suspect that you are seeking out such people intentionally and reacting poorly to the fact that they have fundamental disagreements with you, and you would like to use the law prevent them from sharing their beliefs with others, lest your beliefs become the minority.

Is Eric Adams simply virtue signaling to the LGBTQ community in NYC?
Or does he really believe what he is saying on his million dollar billboards in major cities in FL?
I think there are a LOT of people that are kneejerk defending the pedo-groomers that if they stopped and really looked at it they would quietly let it go and slink back into the bushes.

I haven't really looked into all this very deeply, mostly because I don't get so excited about the outrage-du-jour anymore. I don't have any kids or grandkids who go to school in Florida. I don't vote in Florida, I don't live there.

But in general, my opinion is: leave the little kids alone. At 6-12yo they don't need some teacher explaining the difference between gay, bisexual transgender and cross-dressers to them.

THIS, this sort of thing, NOT "homophobia", is why people get upset and feel they have to stand against "the gay agenda".

I don't give a crap, its a free country: be LGBwhatever, that's your thing.

But leave the little kids out of it.

I suspect that no one is actually in your face. I suspect that you are seeking out such people intentionally and reacting poorly to the fact that they have fundamental disagreements with you, and you would like to use the law prevent them from sharing their beliefs with others, lest your beliefs become the minority.
If there are people who have beliefs that are inappropriate, then yes, they should be prevented according to the law.
What kinds of beliefs you might ask?
The belief that some teachers may have that they are permitted to talk to young children in school about gender identity or sexual orientation.

The ā€œParental Rights in Educationā€ bill, FL HB1557 (22R), prohibits teachers from leading classroom lessons on gender identity or sexual orientation for students in kindergarten through third grade. It also bans such lessons for older students unless they are ā€œage-appropriate or developmentally appropriate.ā€

Not a fan of the city government trying to influence politics in another state. Leave it to us activists, its our job after all. That said the florida bill is just ridiculous on its face. Its also upsetting to see such approval among normally supportive people.

I cannot believe anyone would be dumb enough to go to New York from Florida because Eric Adams says you can say anything in NY. Doesn't Adams realize the traffic keeps going the other way?
I spent too many years living in NYC and on the Island to know I never want to go back there.
Basically, Adams is pandering to the LGBTQ crowd he already has in NYC.
He has to spend millions of NYC taxpayer dollars just to do that?

Not tax dollars, it says donations. However, since its an official thing, I assume theres indirect tax spending. Those press breifings arent free.

A bit dubious but not necessarily illegal what they are doing, it would not be the first time money from outside of a state goes into another's political debate.

RNC, DNC, various PACs, wealthy individuals, groups of people, etc. all do this consistently when something is making headlines.

For a while now I've been questioning modern liberalism dying on this hill, especially when it comes to transgenders. The point being modern conservatism via Christian Taliban thinking was bound to respond.

Well, the same point is true the other way. Now that the Christian Taliban is doubling down on using government as a social control tool then expect modern liberalism to respond by illustrating what the right is really up to.

The real bad news is the distance between modern liberalism and the Christian Taliban is even more people alienated from Democrats and Republicans.

I am unconvinced these ads really move the needle anyway.

Back
Top Bottom