• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York City Paying For LGBTQIAC2+ Ads in Florida

If there are people who have beliefs that are inappropriate, then yes, they should be prevented according to the law.
What kinds of beliefs you might ask?
The belief that some teachers may have that they are permitted to talk to young children in school about gender identity or sexual orientation.

The “Parental Rights in Education” bill, FL HB1557 (22R), prohibits teachers from leading classroom lessons on gender identity or sexual orientation for students in kindergarten through third grade. It also bans such lessons for older students unless they are “age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate.”
Right. Because the government knows better than professional educators and child psychologists what is "age appropriate."

Right. Because the government knows better than professional educators and child psychologists what is "age appropriate."
Right. Just like "the government" knows how long mask mandates should last and know how to spend trillions in Covid relief where there are hundreds of billions of dollars of Covid relief fraud that "government" cannot get back.

Regarding teachers with their own agendas, I have very little confidence that "professional educators" know how to talk to K-3 children about transgender issues. Who trains them to do that? I have no opinion on the qualifications of child psychologists.

Idk but in the real world people on the left generally use LGBTQ+ or queer. I'm convinced the longer acronym is a conservative psyop to make the left look crazy.

I believe its called satire.

I believe the abbreviation LGBTQ+ is a clever way for Progressives to get so many intersectional groups under the same big tent. That way, the 1/2 of 1 percent of the population that thinks it is transgender can be under the same umbrella as the other 3 percent of those who want everyone to know they are Gay/Bi/Lesbian/Queer/plus.

There is strength in numbers. And more opportunities for TV show producers to let the viewing public know just how influential the LGBTQ+ community really is.

Sure glad I have more important things to pay attention to in my old age.
But certain social trends have a tendency to become mainstream much to the country's detriment. Sort of like Disney throwing in its hat against the student protection bill in Florida.
The good news is that there are plenty of GOP-led states that will adopt similar bills to protect vulnerable students.

Right. Just like "the government" knows how long mask mandates should last and know how to spend trillions in Covid relief where there are hundreds of billions of dollars of Covid relief fraud that "government" cannot get back.

Regarding teachers with their own agendas, I have very little confidence that "professional educators" know how to talk to K-3 children about transgender issues. Who trains them to do that? I have no opinion on the qualifications of child psychologists.
The difference with COVID-19 is that the government is actually listening to the professionals' suggestions and creating a mandate to protect people from dying from a deadly pandemic. In regards to teaching children about gender identity and sexual orientation, the government is ignoring the professionals' suggestions and creating a mandate for no other reason than to appease ignorant voters at the cost of their children's education.

The difference with COVID-19 is that the government is actually listening to the professionals' suggestions and creating a mandate to protect people from dying from a deadly pandemic. In regards to teaching children about gender identity and sexual orientation, the government is ignoring the professionals' suggestions and creating a mandate for no other reason than to appease ignorant voters at the cost of their children's education.
YAETYOO (the latest social media abbreviation)
You are entitled to your own opinion.

We will let the voters decide who is right when it comes to protecting children against those education "professionals" who want to usurp parents' rights.

Normally I'm against parties but someone mentioned sex politics.

If I was a New York resident, I would be pissed at my govt sponsoring ads in Florida over this, but as a Floridian its a win win. Someone else is paying to lure people who are hostile to parents and want to teach sex politics to young children, to New York. Money is donated by New Yorkers, and others in the country I assume. And this is appears to an official NYC supported campaign, so there's some tax dollars mixed in paying officials to run it.

The "Parental Rights in Education bill" (HB 1557) says "classroom instruction by school personnel or third parties on sexual orientation or gender identity may not occur in kindergarten through grade 3 or in a manner that is not age-appropriate or developmentally appropriate for students in accordance with state standards."
The New York City ad campaign is intended to show support for the LGBTQ community in Florida in response to the "state-sponsored discrimination," Adams said.
DeSantis and his BS must feel like that Russians. Drive people out of their homes to live in peace

Back
Top Bottom