• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York City mayoral campaign volunteer stabbed on last day of early voting

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A campaign volunteer for New York City mayoral hopeful Eric Adams was stabbed while canvassing Sunday in the Bronx, police and the candidate said.

The attack happened at 2:30 p.m. as a suspect "stabbed the male victim several times with a knife and fled the scene, accompanied by another male," according to an NYPD statement.

Adams, a former NYPD captain, appealed for the public's help and called the victim a "member of Team Adams " who "has been working hard" and "volunteering every day."

The victim underwent surgery on Sunday, according to the candidate.

"We pray for him," Adams added. "This violence must stop."

NYC sounds wonderful…No problems there.

I believe that New Yorkers vote today for the Democratic candidate for mayor.

Hopefully, New Yorkers will wake up & smell the coffee by nominating a law and order mayor. (Of course, the Republican candidate does not have a chance.)

It made me sick to my stomach when one New Yorker was interviewed on TV (yes, on FOX) and reported how he had recently been abused by thugs three times on the subway!

I believe that New Yorkers vote today for the Democratic candidate for mayor.

Hopefully, New Yorkers will wake up & smell the coffee by nominating a law and order mayor. (Of course, the Republican candidate does not have a chance.)

It made me sick to my stomach when one New Yorker was interviewed on TV (yes, on FOX) and reported how he had recently been abused by thugs three times on the subway!

Hey, I’ve been told there’s no problems in NYC…Hell, it’s appearantly safer than DeMoines Ia….De Blasio is doing a great job, and tomorrow Willie Wonka will be passing out free gob stoppers…

Hey, I’ve been told there’s no problems in NYC…Hell, it’s appearantly safer than DeMoines Ia….De Blasio is doing a great job, and tomorrow Willie Wonka will be passing out free gob stoppers…
Literally from yesterday:

Two people are hospitalized after a shooting at a Des Moines bar.

Police say the shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. Monday at the Wicked Rabbit Bar and Grille. Responding officer found two people injured in the parking lot. Police say one victim is in critical condition, and the other is stable.

Des Moines in fact has a higher crime rate than NYC, which I think shows the extent of your BS.

Nobody ever said there are "no problems" in NYC, only that some people who don't live here are exaggerating things to suit your political agenda. In any event, Eric Adams will likely win today's primary election--which, since conservatives have no persuasive or compelling ideas whatsoever for keeping NYC safe (or on literally any other urban issue), means he will likely win the mayoral election in November.

Last edited:

It is extremely cruel of those people who are downplaying the outrageous violence sweeping New York City & other American cities.

It is so bad that the gentleman who currently occupies the Oval Office is planning to read a speech about the matter.

What an insult to all the victims of violent crime for some people to minimize their suffering.

Of course, we all know why some people are denying the orgy of violence.

Literally from yesterday:

Des Moines in fact has a higher crime rate than NYC, which I think shows the extent of your BS.

Nobody ever said there are "no problems" in NYC, only that some people who don't live here are exaggerating things to suit your political agenda. In any event, Eric Adams will likely win today's primary election--which, since conservatives have no persuasive or compelling ideas whatsoever for keeping NYC safe (or on literally any other urban issue), means he will likely win the mayoral election in November.
You show one headline and think that defeats the argument? Nah, you'll have to do better.

You show one headline and think that defeats the argument? Nah, you'll have to do better.
Lol, look at you trying to avoid the fact that the example of a "safe" city you pulled out of your ass actually has a crime rate twice that of NYC. Until conservatives realize that trolling is not the same as battling for hearts and minds, and stop being so blatantly disingenuous, they will never be competitive in urban areas (or nationally) again.

Lol, look at you trying to avoid the fact that the example of a "safe" city you pulled out of your ass actually has a crime rate twice that of NYC. Until conservatives realize that trolling is not the same as battling for hearts and minds, and stop being so blatantly disingenuous, they will never be competitive in urban areas (or nationally) again.
Yeah right...

?? You certainly have no reason to doubt me. I'm a White man who moved to Harlem 14 years ago. There isn't a single neighborhood in the city I haven't worked in, some of them any hour of the day or night. It was much worse in the mid/late 70s, and I didn't carry a weapon then either.

It's a very safe city.

It is extremely cruel of those people who are downplaying the outrageous violence sweeping New York City & other American cities.
...except that there isn't a ton of "outrageous violence sweeping New York City."

In fact, crime overall fell slightly across the US, as well as several major cities like NYC, in 2020. And, of course, crime is down significantly since the 90s -- it's almost as safe as it was in the 1960s.

You're just getting played by the media.

Of course, we all know why some people are denying the orgy of violence.
If you're going to say "police defunded!!!" then you're just flat-out wrong. No police departments, and definitely not the NYPD, were defunded.

What’s with your hardon for New York?
Obviously, his problem is that:

• It's dominated by Democratic politicians
• It's a major economic powerhouse
• It's one of the cultural capitals of the world
• It's one of the most diverse cities in the world

He obviously can't accept that at least some Democratic / progressive policies actually work, so instead he has to try anything he can to smack-talk it. 🤷‍♂️

If I didn't think people here would derail the thread I would start one about all the women that are gunned down each day, from all over the country, by their significant others or exes.

I could even include the ones killed by other means (again, from all over).

It might cause at least a few people to understand that we have violence everywhere.

What’s with your hardon for New York? Crime happens in NY, as it happens everywhere.

Meanwhile, comparing other American cities, NYC is 80th in murder, 85th in rape, 61st in robber and 57th in aggregated assault.

Two weeks ago, someone was stabbed in Columbia, SC. Must mean Columbia is a terrible place.
Each one of his NYC threads ends up the same...

free-animated-gifs-of-kids-getting-hurt-kid-fails-Dirt-in-Face-Kid.gif

New York is seeing a massive spike in violence.
Uh... No. It isn't.

There are a whopping 26 more homicides so far this year, compared to the same time last year.

That's in a city of more than 8 million people.

Uh... No. It isn't.
The major rise in gun violence in the city began in 2020, after a period in which violent crime dropped to its lowest levels in more than six decades. Now, even as New York City emerges from the pandemic, the spike that began as the virus spread last spring has shown no sign of receding: As of the second weekend in May, the city had recorded 505 shooting victims, the most through that point of any year in the last decade.

The major rise in gun violence in the city began in 2020, after a period in which violent crime dropped to its lowest levels in more than six decades. Now, even as New York City emerges from the pandemic, the spike that began as the virus spread last spring has shown no sign of receding: As of the second weekend in May, the city had recorded 505 shooting victims, the most through that point of any year in the last decade.

Friends and family I have in the city say that things have taken a bit of a downward turn during the pandemic and continue still. Whether this is an indication of things to come or will change as normalcy returns remains to be seen. That said, it's still nowhere near what NYC was like in overall quality of life 30-40 years ago. The one thing that's disconcerting is the increase in seemingly random violent attacks. My sister has mentioned they've become a thing in her neighborhood, which is more disconcerting because those kind of incidents are harder to predict and avoid.

Considering it's the biggest city in the nation, NYC seems to be doing pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom