• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York City launches $100 million universal health insurance program

Trump does

Dreamers are here legally. Trump wants them deported.

Immigrants with temporary protected status are here legally. Trump wants them deported

And his base agrees with him

No he doesn't.

Actually that is incorrect. He has stated before that Congress needs to get something passed that favors dreamers, or as they're more recently called, DACA recipients.

What Trump says is meaningless, as demonstrated by his EO to end DACA

Awfully strange action for someone who supports DACA

No, I know. I said it'll 'extend to'. I'm just surprised at the number 300,000. Just off the top of my head I'd have guessed that the cost of living in NYC would make illegal immigrants move on somewhere else.

That 300K includes legal immigrants and native born americans

As far as COL goes, they can rent a room in a not desirable neighborhood for cheap, use public transportation, etc

What Trump says is meaningless, as demonstrated by his EO to end DACA

Awfully strange action for someone who supports DACA

He ended DACA in order to try and force Congress to make legislation on it where it rightfully should have been done in the first place. Even Obama said that it should have been done in Congress. Admittedly he also tried to use it as leverage for the wall. But nothing he has said shows that he is actually against DACA. He's just against the way in which it was instituted. Which is understandable considering that DACA's twin "DAPA" was shot down by the courts and as such had a very high likelyhood of being shot down by the courts also as they were the same things with the only difference being who they applied to.

He ended DACA in order to try and force Congress to make legislation on it where it rightfully should have been done in the first place. Even Obama said that it should have been done in Congress. Admittedly he also tried to use it as leverage for the wall. But nothing he has said shows that he is actually against DACA. He's just against the way in which it was instituted. Which is understandable considering that DACA's twin "DAPA" was shot down by the courts and as such had a very high likelyhood of being shot down by the courts also as they were the same things with the only difference being who they applied to.

Again, what Trump says is meaningless. It is foolish to believe that he is trying to end DACA because he supports DACA

Again, what Trump says is meaningless. It is foolish to believe that he is trying to end DACA because he supports DACA

:shrug: If you say so. I think on this we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

:shrug: If you say so. I think on this we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

Actions speak louder than words. You know this.
Trump is a liar. You know this too.

And you failed to address Trumps withdrawing protection for immigrants with temporary protected status. They are here legally.

Will you ever have the decency to differentiate between legal and illegal immigrants. My grandparents were in the former category. Resent grouping them with illegals.

There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant. If someone is an immigrant (permanent resident), they are here legally. If one wants to be generous, they could be called an illegal foreign national.

Back
Top Bottom