• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York attorney general probes perplexing Trump Tower Chicago loan deal

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
New York attorney general probing Trump Tower Chicago loan - Chicago Tribune
New York’s attorney general is trying to answer one of the most perplexing questions surrounding the troubled financing of the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago: whether President Donald Trump failed to pay taxes on a $100 million loan deal related to the project.
The financing of Trump’s Chicago tower has attracted significant scrutiny from investigators and journalists probing the president’s financial history since he launched his bid for the White House in 2015.
Most of the attention has been focused on why Deutsche Bank lent more than $600 million in construction loans to the project after Trump had defaulted on hundreds of millions of dollars in unrelated loans from the German lender. But there also have been questions surrounding how Trump handled the loan forgiveness deal with Fortress Credit, a New York hedge fund that made the original “mezzanine” loan in 2004.
Trump Tower already violates the Clean Water Act and apparently was financed through fraud. It's ironic that Trump is so concerned about crime in Chicago as it appears he may have intimate knowledge of the violation of various laws.

The most corrupt and criminal president ever.

The most corrupt and criminal president ever.
I don't believe Trump anticipated that winning the presidency would place him under the microscope and hold him accountable.

I don't believe Trump anticipated that winning the presidency would place him under the microscope and hold him accountable.

It will be the most poetic of justice if it's what leads to his downfall. Infinite shadendfreude will be had.

OK Matlock..

Not hard.....a NEW YORK attorney general, is trying to investigate something that happened in ILLINOIS......

You should read up on LEGAL STANDING.

Not hard.....a NEW YORK attorney general, is trying to investigate something that happened in ILLINOIS......

I recommend reading the article a little closer this is in strictly about "Trump Tower in Chicago" the scope is much larger.

If Fortress Credit is in New York and originated the loan, it could be in their purview.

New York attorney general probing Trump Tower Chicago loan - Chicago Tribune Trump Tower already violates the Clean Water Act and apparently was financed through fraud. It's ironic that Trump is so concerned about crime in Chicago as it appears he may have intimate knowledge of the violation of various laws.
One of my most recent disappointments, is when Rham didn't force Trump to remove his neon name from it, after the election. It's aesthetically hideous, and an ethical affront to the fine citizens of the great city of Chicago.

One of my most recent disappointments, is when Rham didn't force Trump to remove his neon name from it, after the election. It's aesthetically hideous, and an ethical affront to the fine citizens of the great city of Chicago.
Besides being hideous, it's violating multiple clean water laws and endangering fish and aquatic life in the Chicago River. And that monstrosity is one of the city's largest users of Chicago river water.

Yeah except it's not, because he now owns the DOJ, so he's not being held accountable.

Besides being hideous, it's violating multiple clean water laws and endangering fish and aquatic life in the Chicago River. And that monstrosity is one of the city's largest users of Chicago river water.

We can thank Eddie Burke for that. But it looks like the Old Silver Fox is going down for real, this time. Maybe he can take Trump with.

I recommend reading the article a little closer this is in strictly about "Trump Tower in Chicago" the scope is much larger.

Which makes it even more of a political hit than anything, as the scope of ANYTHING OUTSIDE NEW YORK....isn't the NY AGs purview.......but no, I get it, anything to take Trump down, no matter what the cost.

Which makes it even more of a political hit than anything, as the scope of ANYTHING OUTSIDE NEW YORK....isn't the NY AGs purview.......but no, I get it, anything to take Trump down, no matter what the cost.
Again read the article, two of the properties are in New York one in Los Angeles. Do you ever stop and just think MAYBE the reason behind the active criminal investigations and the reason that scores of people in Trumps Circle have been indicted and sent to prison is because that Trump is shady and taking part in illegal activities?

Again read the article, two of the properties are in New York one in Los Angeles. Do you ever stop and just think MAYBE the reason behind the active criminal investigations and the reason that scores of people in Trumps Circle have been indicted and sent to prison is because that Trump is shady and taking part in illegal activities?

scores of people?

Manafort? Crimes long before Trump came in,

Who else, Cohen? lol that's a laugh.....

Tell me ONE person from Trump's people..who has gone to business over BUSINESS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES....cmon now...I will wait.

As far as the article, I read it, its a political hit job by the AG of NY looking into financing of a building in Illinois.......you really don't know why she wouldn't have legal standing?

scores of people?

Manafort? Crimes long before Trump came in,

Who else, Cohen? lol that's a laugh.....

Tell me ONE person from Trump's people..who has gone to business over BUSINESS FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES....cmon now...I will wait.

As far as the article, I read it, its a political hit job by the AG of NY looking into financing of a building in Illinois.......you really don't know why she wouldn't have legal standing?

All the Trump associates convicted or sentenced in the Mueller investigation - Axios Bannon is next. Right! Trump is just a poor victim. His bank and tax records aren't being sought after for any other reason besides messing up his day. He's completely innocent, that's why he's fighting tooth and nail to keep the prosecutors from obtaining them. I'm starting to think Eric might be ****ed too.

All the Trump associates convicted or sentenced in the Mueller investigation - Axios Bannon is next. Right! Trump is just a poor victim. His bank and tax records aren't being sought after for any other reason besides messing up his day. He's completely innocent, that's why he's fighting tooth and nail to keep the prosecutors from obtaining them. I'm starting to think Eric might be ****ed too.

Because it's a political hit job....

Nothing you linked has ANYTHING to do with Trump's business....

Manafort, WAY before

Cohen - Tax evasion

Papadapolous -lying to FBI (WHAT does that have to with Trump inc ? )

Pinedo - NO KNOWN CONNECTION TO TRUMP....and yet...you included him...why?

Van Der Zwaan - lied about somethign in 2012

Gates - lying to FBI

Stone - lying to Congress

Tell me what the **** any of that, has to do with Trump's BUSINESS....

Or did you forget that was the original ask?

Because it's a political hit job....

Nothing you linked has ANYTHING to do with Trump's business....

Manafort, WAY before

Cohen - Tax evasion

Papadapolous -lying to FBI (WHAT does that have to with Trump inc ? )

Pinedo - NO KNOWN CONNECTION TO TRUMP....and yet...you included him...why?

Van Der Zwaan - lied about somethign in 2012

Gates - lying to FBI

Stone - lying to Congress

Tell me what the **** any of that, has to do with Trump's BUSINESS....

Or did you forget that was the original ask?
The prosecutors are going to obtain the remaining records that the need one way or the other. Deutsche Bank has already complied and handed over what they were requested. All of this started before Cohen went to prison and started spilling the beans on trumps financial affairs and extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization. And if Trump had nothing to hide he wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail to keep these records out of the hands of the New York Attorney General. And this isn't how the innocent act. Trump has been a grifter his whole life. Hell this is a a guy that couldn't even be bothered to take his own SATs. He cheated and had someone else take them.

The prosecutors are going to obtain the remaining records that the need one way or the other. Deutsche Bank has already complied and handed over what they were requested. All of this started before Cohen went to prison and started spilling the beans on trumps financial affairs and extensive and protracted criminal conduct at the Trump Organization. And if Trump had nothing to hide he wouldn't be fighting tooth and nail to keep these records out of the hands of the New York Attorney General. And this isn't how the innocent act. Trump has been a grifter his whole life. Hell this is a a guy that couldn't even be bothered to take his own SATs. He cheated and had someone else take them.

And yet...he's never been prosecuted...at all.....funny how that works.

And yet...he's never been prosecuted...at all.....funny how that works.
He remained under the radar, however now he's president of the United States and he's sitting under a spotlight. Next up Eric Trump will likely be ordered to comply with the subpoena for the deposition by the New York AG. Stock up on popcorn.

He remained under the radar, however now he's president of the United States and he's sitting under a spotlight. Next up Eric Trump will likely be ordered to comply with the subpoena for the deposition by the New York AG. Stock up on popcorn.

LOL @ Trump remaining under the radar.......damn you guys have to twist yourselves into knots to explain why he's never been prosecuted....ever....

Donald Trump, the New York billionaire real estate mogul and reality televison star stayed "under the radar"? Really, that's what your going with?

Back
Top Bottom