• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York attorney general probes perplexing Trump Tower Chicago loan deal

The EVIDENCE doesn't show anything of that, the EVIDENCE is the lender's say so......I mean, hell if THAT's your evidence...good luck.

So what does the lender say but what's in the court filing referenced in the complaint that indicates the loan was simply written off?

And it's not their "say so" but what the documents demonstrate. I edited my comment above to add that. Legit transfers of debt from the original lenders to Trump's LLC leave a very clean audit trail. Trump refuses to provide that audit trail, those documents, and so all we know is what the court documents "say so," which is the $100 million was written off, went poof.

So what does the lender say but what's in the court filing referenced in the complaint that indicates the loan was simply written off?

And it's not their "say so" but what the documents demonstrate. I edited my comment above to add that. Legit transfers of debt from the original lenders to Trump's LLC leave a very clean audit trail. Trump refuses to provide that audit trail, those documents, and so all we know is what the court documents "say so," which is the $100 million was written off, went poof.

Is there court documents already? From the article, they were looking into it......

Is there court documents already? From the article, they were looking into it......

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/doc_11_memorandum_of_law.pdf

See page 10.

The NY AG alleges under documents filed under seal that the loan was written off. The references to "First Aff." are to that sealed complaint that will include the references to source documents.

And, again, if this was legit, the documents to prove it are at hand, any law firm in the world that's doing their job could locate and retrieve them in a day or so, scan, send to the AG. Trump refuses to provide ANY evidence of this alleged deal. Read the complaint.

Are the allegations false? If you believe yes, do you have evidence to support that position?

I have no idea if they are false. I'm sure the investigation being currently conducted will answer that question. I can only point out that at the time of this post no one has been charged with a crime related to this, so we will have to wait and see.

Not hard.....a NEW YORK attorney general, is trying to investigate something that happened in ILLINOIS......

You should read up on LEGAL STANDING.
The tax implication of a "forgiven" loan go to the place of residence.

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/doc_11_memorandum_of_law.pdf

See page 10.

The NY AG alleges under documents filed under seal that the loan was written off. The references to "First Aff." are to that sealed complaint that will include the references to source documents.

And, again, if this was legit, the documents to prove it are at hand, any law firm in the world that's doing their job could locate and retrieve them in a day or so, scan, send to the AG. Trump refuses to provide ANY evidence of this alleged deal. Read the complaint.

On Page 10...they are investigating if the Trump organization INFLATED values to get tax credits etc.....not exactly what you referenced is it?

You are 100% right, they are all for nothing, they are the definition of a POLITICAL HIT JOB....but you are ok with that....

Funny, you didn't see any of that noise last year, or the year before....only in an ELECTION YEAR...did it come around.......why is that? Oh yea...because he's been quiet before then....

His insurance died in prison, and he's wishing the survivor well.

I have no idea if they are false. I'm sure the investigation being currently conducted will answer that question. I can only point out that at the time of this post no one has been charged with a crime related to this, so we will have to wait and see.

I don't quite understand why you're defending Trump on this. The investigation is at a standstill because Trump refuses to provide any information, hence the lawsuit that was filed. And you said, "Never go full stupid. Donald Trump isn't some mastermind, and to pretend he fooled NY for 30 years and they are only just finding out about him now is ludicrous." No one pretends he's a mastermind, just that him becoming a candidate caused a bunch of people to delve REALLY deeply into his records, revealing what looks like obvious tax fraud in the case of the Chicago hotel and the loan forgiveness.

I guess the point you're making by defending Trump here is not clear to me.

On Page 10...they are investigating if the Trump organization INFLATED values to get tax credits etc.....not exactly what you referenced is it?

Here's a screen shot. I have no idea what page you're looking at but it's not this one. And it's not page 10 of the pdf, but the page 10 as numbered in the complaint. Background. Part II, D.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 3.38.44 PM.jpg

You are trying REALLY hard to ignore the evidence. Even if I got the page number wrong - I didn't - you can spend 2 minutes and find where the appropriate discussion is in the complaint. It's in the table of contents. Surely you can find that on your own. The discussion about the Chicago hotel starts on page 9.

Last edited:
I don't quite understand why you're defending Trump on this. The investigation is at a standstill because Trump refuses to provide any information, hence the lawsuit that was filed. And you said, "Never go full stupid. Donald Trump isn't some mastermind, and to pretend he fooled NY for 30 years and they are only just finding out about him now is ludicrous." No one pretends he's a mastermind, just that him becoming a candidate caused a bunch of people to delve REALLY deeply into his records, revealing what looks like obvious tax fraud in the case of the Chicago hotel and the loan forgiveness.

It's "emotional investment" that's the reason for the defense of Trump. Support your team no matter what and at all costs..

No one is defending Donald Trump. Calm down. There's an investigation on going. It's fine. He's been scummy for years; this isn't a surprise and he didn't fly under the radar. New York has just finally decided it was more advantageous to investigate than it was to ignore, which they were previously doing.

No one is defending Donald Trump. Calm down. There's an investigation on going. It's fine. He's been scummy for years; this isn't a surprise and he didn't fly under the radar. New York has just finally decided it was more advantageous to investigate than it was to ignore, which they were previously doing.

Can't say that.....now YOU are defending Trump....wait...you're not? Oh...so you are against Trum...wait...you aren't? ****, I'm confused now....

If pointing out the TIMING of an investigation smells of a political hit job..........is defending Trump...then...sure...I guess....it's defending him.....but that's what this message board has drizzled into, it's just ****ing pathetic....

I see, so the NY authorities knew he was cheating on his taxes, and chose to ignore it. Same with the IRS I guess, under Obama. And you know this how?

You're feeding into the "it's a political hit job" nonsense, which is defending Trump. You see the same story from his open defenders. I don't get it, from a "progressive." :confused: :roll:

Can't say that.....now YOU are defending Trump....wait...you're not? Oh...so you are against Trum...wait...you aren't? ****, I'm confused now....

If pointing out the TIMING of an investigation smells of a political hit job..........is defending Trump...then...sure...I guess....it's defending him.....but that's what this message board has drizzled into, it's just ****ing pathetic....

If the allegations are true, what difference does the timing make? Is prosecuting a legit case of tax fraud a "political hit job" if the $100 million fraud happened, and was illegal? It appears it only appropriate for someone to be prosecuted for a crime, by his political allies, or something. It's a weird standard I think.

If the allegations are true, what difference does the timing make? Is prosecuting a legit case of tax fraud a "political hit job" if the $100 million fraud happened, and was illegal? It appears it only appropriate for someone to be prosecuted for a crime, by his political allies, or something. It's a weird standard I think.

If the allegations are false, the timing makes all the difference, wouldn't you say? They aren't prosecuting anything right now....they are still looking for information.....but again, Trump has a what, 40 year career in NY real estate, and just NOW they become interested in things that happened when, 2009? 2010, 2012? The fact that you don't even think to question the timing of it, shows how partisan you are.

Allegations can absolutely be 100% true........then the question is, why wait until NOW to do something about it? Because ding ding ding.....election right around the corner, yet 8 ****ing years ago, it was no big deal...right?

If the allegations are false, the timing makes all the difference, wouldn't you say? They aren't prosecuting anything right now....they are still looking for information.....

Yeah, and when my clients get audited, I deliver the information that I hope verifies what was reported on the tax return to the state or IRS. I've done it hundreds of times. No AG has ever had to sue me to get backup for what are really simple transactions. Trump could try it and he'd put this to bed if it's a legitimate position. Instead he stonewalls the inquiries, and forces the AG to sue him for the most basic of records.

So he can blame himself for this **** being public right now.

but again, Trump has a what, 40 year career in NY real estate, and just NOW they become interested in things that happened when, 2009? 2010, 2012? The fact that you don't even think to question the timing of it, shows how partisan you are.

Believe it or not, the IRS and NYS and NYC don't conduct full time ongoing audits of every taxpayer in the country, and even if they do the audits, this loan is something easy to miss, because it would require auditing the Chicago hotel, and the affiliate. That kind of stuff gets missed all the time. It also might not surprise you that many IRS and especially state auditors aren't all that bright. Some are exceptionally good, and I love dealing with those people, but there are plenty of idiots and incompetents. So you're attributing some conspiracy or something that a well hidden transaction is only now coming to light, after thousands of journalists and others are pouring over Trump's records with a fine tooth comb. It's revealing a pretty fundamental ignorance of the whole process, how audits work, etc.

Allegations can absolutely be 100% true........then the question is, why wait until NOW to do something about it? Because ding ding ding.....election right around the corner, yet 8 ****ing years ago, it was no big deal...right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this AG wasn't in office 8 ****ing years ago.

And I do not care about the timing if the allegations are true. It's pretty understandable that very often political allies don't put their own people, their political friends, under investigation. We had YEARS of crap about EMAILS!! and the Clinton Foundation and BENGHAZI!!! Did you consider those investigations political hit jobs? Did you care that it was the Republicans investigating Hillary if the allegations were true? I know the answer - of course not.

Not hard.....a NEW YORK attorney general, is trying to investigate something that happened in ILLINOIS......

You should read up on LEGAL STANDING.

With a company that is registered in NY.

I see, so the NY authorities knew he was cheating on his taxes, and chose to ignore it. Same with the IRS I guess, under Obama. And you know this how?

You're feeding into the "it's a political hit job" nonsense, which is defending Trump. You see the same story from his open defenders. I don't get it, from a "progressive." :confused: :roll:

It's not politically motivated. It's about money. The state of New York, as dumb as they are, could not have possibly thought that Donald Trump was clean. Much like Harvey Weinstien, everyone knew but ignored what was happening until it was financially beneficial to do so.

I don't know why the IRS would have been involved; is it alleged Donald Trump cheated on his income taxes? Or just his property taxes in the State of New York, and his forms to financial lenders in that state?

If the allegations are false, the timing makes all the difference, wouldn't you say? They aren't prosecuting anything right now....they are still looking for information.....but again, Trump has a what, 40 year career in NY real estate, and just NOW they become interested in things that happened when, 2009? 2010, 2012? The fact that you don't even think to question the timing of it, shows how partisan you are.

Your confusion, like Jasper's, stems from your lack of consideration of the possibility that New York can be dumb and corrupt AND Donald Trump can be dumb and corrupt.

LOL @ Trump remaining under the radar.......damn you guys have to twist yourselves into knots to explain why he's never been prosecuted....ever....

We know why. It's not a complex answer. You know why. Stop wasting peoples time

It's not politically motivated. It's about money. The state of New York, as dumb as they are, could not have possibly thought that Donald Trump was clean. Much like Harvey Weinstien, everyone knew but ignored what was happening until it was financially beneficial to do so.

And you know they were aware of a massive case of tax fraud how exactly?

I don't know why the IRS would have been involved; is it alleged Donald Trump cheated on his income taxes? Or just his property taxes in the State of New York, and his forms to financial lenders in that state?

It helps when defending Trump to have a passing familiarity with the issues. Yes, the allegation I've been addressing involves $100 million - that's a big number - in unreported taxable INCOME. That impacts federal and state INCOME tax returns.

And you know they were aware of a massive case of tax fraud how exactly?

It helps when defending Trump to have a passing familiarity with the issues. Yes, the allegation I've been addressing involves $100 million - that's a big number - in unreported taxable INCOME. That impacts federal and state INCOME tax returns.

And yet your defense in why the IRS missed this every year is...they are stupid......that's convincing.

Back
Top Bottom