• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York AG Says Trump University Was ‘Straight Up Fr

As usual, you broadcast the weakness of your argument by ****ing with the spelling.

Not at all, because at this point you're guilty of three things.

The first thing is inserting something into the thread that does not belong, this thread is about the possibility of the Trump University being fraud.

The second is that thing you inserted, being entirely false and blatantly dishonest.

The third is you couldn't even spell correctly the blatant lie you inserted into the thread to obfuscate the subject which was Trump.

I saw that interview. The AG also said that the trial probably wouldn't start until after the election in November. But I think there might be other state AG that are also taking this case to trial. In California I think he's being charged with racketeering, fraud and false advertising.

I wonder if that has anything to do with why he stopped funding his own campaign? He might need the money to pay back all those people he defrauded out of their 401ks.
?
Any evidence of his being charged? Or more wishful thinking

?
Any evidence of his being charged? Or more wishful thinking

Following facts seems to be a great challenge to some around here.........Or maybe it is a problem as a result of this nutty idea that some have that they can make up their own personal definitions for words and we all are going to waste time listening to them.

Hell. No. I SAY.

Life is short, I have no time for this idiocy.

Last edited:
Hillary's a better bet in that case. I'm sure she won't start WW3. Can't say the same for the Donald.
I'm pretty sure she will seeing as how she says she wants to shoot down Russian troops who attack terrorists in Syria.

Hatred of Mr Soros does appear to cause irrational beliefs. In 1944, Soros was 14 years old and living, in hiding, with a Christian friend of his father, who took him one day to do inventory on a confiscated estate that had belonged to a Jewish family. That is the extent of Soros "Nazi collaboration"

I've had this discussion with apdst before.

Not at all, because at this point you're guilty of three things.

The first thing is inserting something into the thread that does not belong, this thread is about the possibility of the Trump University being fraud.

The second is that thing you inserted, being entirely false and blatantly dishonest.

The third is you couldn't even spell correctly the blatant lie you inserted into the thread to obfuscate the subject which was Trump.

Like I said, weak.

Changing the subject again I see.

Because you can't back up the Nazi claim, you've never been able to, every single person you've ever engaged in debate regarding that subject has leveled you.

:shrug:

I said he's a convicted criminal. You said It's a falsity.

NOTE: Article title shortened.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman Says Trump University Was 'Straight Up Fraud'

If there's one thing NYS does not mess around with these days, it's fraud.

I don't doubt for a moment that there was puffery involved in the advertising. The end result will be interesting. As to the AG saying there are certain legal requirements that must be met to use the term "university," I doubt that. Unless one is advertising a program as being somehow accredited by academia, I'd be surprised if what he AG says is true

There are dozens of programs endorsed by well-known public figures, Mark Cuban is one who ones immediately to mind. Sounds more like an attempt at a money grab by the State of New York in the form of fines . . . Or attorneys on the state's payroll who have not much to do.

Wellllllllllllll there was this little banking crisis a few years ago, built on similar fraud, and yet how many have been thrown in jail.. hell even investigated/charged by anyone?

Links please.

I don't doubt for a moment that there was puffery involved in the advertising. The end result will be interesting. As to the AG saying there are certain legal requirements that must be met to use the term "university," I doubt that. Unless one is advertising a program as being somehow accredited by academia, I'd be surprised if what he AG says is true

There are dozens of programs endorsed by well-known public figures, Mark Cuban is one who ones immediately to mind. Sounds more like an attempt at a money grab by the State of New York in the form of fines . . . Or attorneys on the state's payroll who have not much to do.

There is a law in the State of New York which stipulates various requirements that must be met for an academic institution to call itself a "university"

from the case against Trump

Matter of People of the State of N.Y. by Eric T. Schneiderman v Trump Entrepreneur Initiative LLC
By letter dated May 27, 2005, the New York State Department of Education (SED) notified Donald Trump individually, Sexton, and Trump University that they were violating the New York Education Law by using the word "University" when it was not actually chartered as one. Likewise, SED notified these respondents that Trump University was also violating the Education law because it lacked a license to offer student instruction or training in New York State. SED stated, however, that Trump University would not be subject to the license requirement if it had no physical presence in New York State, moved the business organization outside of New York, and ceased running live programs in the State. In June 2005, Sexton informed SED that Trump University would merge its operation into a new Delaware LLC, and would indeed cease holding live programming in New York State.

However, the Attorney General alleges, Trump University failed to abide by any of these [*2]conditions. To the contrary, it is alleged that, despite Sexton's assurances to the Attorney General, SED learned in 2009 through newspaper advertisements and a student complaint to the New York State Attorney General that Trump University was continuing to provide live programming and instruction in New York without obtaining proper licensing or moving its operations out of New York. In March 2010, SED sent Trump University another letter demanding that it cease using the word "University" in its name. In May 2010, five years after SED had informed respondents that they were obliged to drop the word "University," Trump University filed a certificate of amendment to its Articles of Organization, thus formally changing its name to TEI.

There has been a ton of fraud in for profit universities and trade schools, which the government long tolerated with barely a whimper. Also I get rich scheme invites often land in my mailbox, so lets not pretend that Trump U is unusual. It would have been nice had he not done this sleazy business though, sometimes he goes too far in keeping up his self image as a hustler.

Even accredited universities are taking people for a ride these days with the outrageous tuition they are charging. I thank God I don't have to pay for college these days. Back when I went to college you could pay your tuition for the year with the money you made working over the summer. It won't even make a dent now.

Even accredited universities are taking people for a ride these days with the outrageous tuition they are charging. I thank God I don't have to pay for college these days. Back when I went to college you could pay your tuition for the year with the money you made working over the summer. It won't even make a dent now.

With cost of attending even the state schools running $20-$25K/YEAR you bet your sweet bippy,

When a system is profoundly broken you can expect crap results, it would be great luck to not get crap results, and DC politics has been broken for a long time. This is the price America pays for not doing things right, for not trying to do things right, for not paying attention so long as we were handed enough candy and not forced to make the hard choices on what we will and will not pay for.

Trump in the POTUS chair represents justice.

If we want better we need to build better, from the ground up, a point that Trump the Builder understands.

Derp!

You do understand the difference between Trump University and Trump, do you not?

Trump owned the university and he was the spokesperson that lured all the students in. Did I mention that he's being charged with false advertising, too?

Trump owned the university and he was the spokesperson that lured all the students in. Did I mention that he's being charged with false advertising, too?

Where is Trump being charged?

Do you understand the difference between a civil suit and a criminal case?

Where is Trump being charged?

Do you understand the difference between a civil suit and a criminal case?

New York and California. Did you know that racketeering, fraud and false advertising is illegal?

Wellllllllllllll there was this little banking crisis a few years ago, built on similar fraud, and yet how many have been thrown in jail.. hell even investigated/charged by anyone?

They bought their way out of jail with Billion$ in fines. That's what they want from Trump too. He's going to have to pay up for that scam.

New York and California. Did you know that racketeering, fraud and false advertising is illegal?

And to date no charges have been filed against Trump. That you would like it to be so does not make it so.

If you know otherwise, provide some backup.

Back
Top Bottom