• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New World of Warcraft Patch 4.0.1

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Dear LORD! They changed my whole CLASS!!! :wassat1:

Anyone else play with the new patch yet?? :unsure13:

:lol:
Some of the changes are very cool tho, especially fire mages who seemed to have received buffs

But no I haven't been playing with the new WOW patch

WoW = Everquest for Dummies :lamo

EverQuest is ****

If you said LOL or D&D maybe you would have had a shot :shrug:

meh, I tried WoW, just couldn't get past the cartoonish graphics and all the 11 year olds running around screaming "frodo lives FTW"

EverQuest is ****

If you said LOL or D&D maybe you would have had a shot :shrug:

He has a point in that Everquest is far and away a more difficult, challenging game than WoW ever will be and a much deeper gameplay. EQ raiding is more than just tactics, it's also very strategic, which adds an extra layer of challenge. The only MMO I know of which is more difficult than EQ would probably be EVE maybe.

WoW took EQ's basic gameplay, and made it easier and more aimed for a younger, less patient audience. This does not make either game better than the other, but it does show that he makes a fair point.

He has a point in that Everquest is far and away a more difficult, challenging game than WoW ever will be and a much deeper gameplay. EQ raiding is more than just tactics, it's also very strategic, which adds an extra layer of challenge. The only MMO I know of which is more difficult than EQ would probably be EVE maybe.

WoW took EQ's basic gameplay, and made it easier and more aimed for a younger, less patient audience. This does not make either game better than the other, but it does show that he makes a fair point.

muches grabass.

I dunno. I played EQ some, EQ2 a lot, and WoW a ****load. I certainly didn't think EQ2 (which I played more) was any more difficult at all. A *tad* more difficult to solo, but then so was WoW back in the day. Granted, I didn't raid in EQ2 because I don't like raiding. But just soloing around? EQ2 wasn't any more difficult at all. Now, crafting is MUCH more involved. (or at least it was) But I wouldn't say it was more difficult, just more time consuming.

What made me switch to WoW from EQ2 was a new expansion that I bought for EQ2 that crashed my laptop all the time. The game became unplayable, so I switched to WoW.

I dunno. I played EQ some, EQ2 a lot, and WoW a ****load. I certainly didn't think EQ2 (which I played more) was any more difficult at all. A *tad* more difficult to solo, but then so was WoW back in the day. Granted, I didn't raid in EQ2 because I don't like raiding. But just soloing around? EQ2 wasn't any more difficult at all. Now, crafting is MUCH more involved. (or at least it was) But I wouldn't say it was more difficult, just more time consuming.

What made me switch to WoW from EQ2 was a new expansion that I bought for EQ2 that crashed my laptop all the time. The game became unplayable, so I switched to WoW.

I just like the graphics of EQ2 better than WoW, that and there are way less 10-12 y/o tards running around the place. Back before WoW came out, on EQ you were constantly being harrassed by retards begging for free crap and $$. WoW came out and within a month or so all that stopped as the kiddies migrated over to WoW.

meh, I tried WoW, just couldn't get past the cartoonish graphics and all the 11 year olds running around screaming "frodo lives FTW"

I tried EQ and couldn't stand it, the graphics as well.

LOL frodo lives :lol:

EQ raiding is more than just tactics, it's also very strategic, which adds an extra layer of challenge. The only MMO I know of which is more difficult than EQ would probably be EVE maybe.

I'll agree with EVE, that is difficult but not EQ.
I recall WOW before it got dumbed down for the casual in the new patch especially raid wise where only 10 is necessary in some cases, where coordinating a raid with 40 people was hard

I just like the graphics of EQ2 better than WoW, that and there are way less 10-12 y/o tards running around the place. Back before WoW came out, on EQ you were constantly being harrassed by retards begging for free crap and $$. WoW came out and within a month or so all that stopped as the kiddies migrated over to WoW.

The graphics are better, but for me that's not a huge selling point. Also, it can actually be a no-sell point for me. I play on a laptop and there's only so much it can handle. :lol: And, I never pay attention to any of the 'tards in any game. I turn off General chat so I don't see that **** anymore. Regardless of the game.

I'll agree with EVE, that is difficult but not EQ.
I recall WOW before it got dumbed down for the casual in the new patch especially raid wise where only 10 is necessary in some cases, where coordinating a raid with 40 people was hard

I know. It's a shame how much they've dumbed it down and how easy they've made it for folks. I remember when it was an actual challenge to get a mount. I remember when organizing a 40 man raid was a difficult thing to do. Getting 40 damn people in the same place, at the same time, with the same goal in mind, and then crossing your fingers that they actually knew WTF they were doing and weren't going to wipe the raid repeatedly. One person... just ONE person out that 40 is all it took to have a really ****ty night. But, it was also kinda fun at times. ;)

Now it seems they've made the raids idiot proof, getting a mount is easy as ****, I mean... none of the new folks have to work anywhere NEAR as hard as I did! Back in my day, I had to walk uphill in the snow, both ways!

one person... Just one person out that 40 is all it took to have a really ****ty night. But, it was also kinda fun at times. ;)

leroy jenkins!!!!!

I downloaded the patch last night as I was going to bed. After reading the patch notes, I'm terrified to log in tonight after work... :( I'm afraid I'll have to learn my characters all over again.

Btw, we should totally pick a server and have an all DP guild (politics forbidden, of course :) )

any of you rooky n00bs want to step up to the big league...I am on the EQ2 lucan d'lere server several nights a week. lvl 90 conjurer "Juwl" :lamo

leroy jenkins!!!!!
Yup. Seen a few of those kind ;) And, I've *been* that kind on occasion myself. (God knows I've wiped a raid or two - but at least I learn from my mistakes! LOL)

any of you rooky n00bs want to step up to the big league...I am on the EQ2 lucan d'lere server several nights a week. lvl 90 conjurer "Juwl" :lamo

LOL I might reinstall EQ2. I still have a free SOE account for all of their games.

Yup. Seen a few of those kind ;) And, I've *been* that kind on occasion myself. (God knows I've wiped a raid or two - but at least I learn from my mistakes! LOL)

LOL I might reinstall EQ2. I still have a free SOE account for all of their games.

what OS do you have on your laptop? I have the crappy Vista and I have found that if I start the game by doing a right click and selelcting "run as administrator" I don't get any of the crashes that I used to have.

what OS do you have on your laptop? I have the crappy Vista and I have found that if I start the game by doing a right click and selelcting "run as administrator" I don't get any of the crashes that I used to have.

Vista. But the crashes happened with my old laptop. My new laptop is not a gaming laptop though, so it might not be able to handle EQ2 at all. I have a hard time playing Dragon Age on it.

Vista. But the crashes happened with my old laptop. My new laptop is not a gaming laptop though, so it might not be able to handle EQ2 at all. I have a hard time playing Dragon Age on it.

I love Dragon Age. I had no internet access last year in Iraq so I played through every permutation of Dragon Age possible.

I assumed he was talking about EQ1. EQ2 was EQ WoWified.

Then you never played FF XI before. Now there was a tough MMO. In everything from battle system to economy. I still don't know how people earned gil in that game; but some people earned a lot of it. Crafting was a pain, the mats were always more expensive than the product, and you could fail at crafting an item. But to skill up you had to do some of the tougher items. I grew crystals because it was the only thing I could routinely do that earned money. Tried doing alchemy, but god damned were the mats expensive. I couldn't even afford all my spells in the game, like the ancient ones which were super awesome (and loooooong cast time).

Battle was very complicated. There was no way (they probably changed this by now) to solo anything back in the day, especially not as a black mage/white mage. Even mobs marked "too weak to be worthwhile" could easily kill a mage. And all combat was built around renkeis and magic bursting. God battles where super tough and every class had a series of their own scripts for the battle. Running around using stun on timers, so there was a rotation, heals, etc. Incredibly difficult and technical.

I went from FF XI to WoW, and yes WoW was a lot easier. For one thing, you can solo. The economy is SO much easier in WoW; I got rich in no time flat in that game. At the beginning when they had the 40 man raids, I really liked that part. It was challenging and technical. But they moved away from that and more towards PvP and such. Which I personally hate a lot. The dungeons now can be tough, but nothing too complicated. Takes a few times to get the dungeon down, and then you're pretty much on farm status for it. I did like the more technical aspect of FF, but it came with problems too. I would sit in Jeuno for hours with my flag up waiting for a group. Less you were a tank or healer, you wouldn't get into a group quickly and you had to have a group to go and grind levels. I don't know if they addressed this in FF XIV, I'm trying to remain MMO free.

You are correct I have not played FFXI. Thought hard about trying FFXIV but the more I read, the less appealing it sounded. What I have heard from people who went from EQ to FFXI was not that it was hard, but that it was very very very very slow moving.

I don't know if they addressed this in FF XIV, I'm trying to remain MMO free.

my son just started playing FF XIV and his biggest complaint so far is the lack of mobs. there simply isn't enough stuff to kill. he said that at one point there were more players on than there were mobs.

my son just started playing FF XIV and his biggest complaint so far is the lack of mobs. there simply isn't enough stuff to kill. he said that at one point there were more players on than there were mobs.

That sounds like EQ1 back in the day, when you could walk all through LGuk and never see a mob as the way too many groups kept everything clear.

That sounds like EQ1 back in the day, when you could walk all through LGuk and never see a mob as the way too many groups kept everything clear.

or the one mob that you needed for your quest spawned only once every 6 freakin days and there were always 20-30 people camped trying to kill it.

Back
Top Bottom