• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New White House Climate Report

is man made climate change is real.

• more sensationalism by the global warming alarmists

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • is it real

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The World is burning various fuels 24/7/365 and releasing the heat from that burning into a finite atmosphere surrounded by a insulating vacuum. The weight of that finite atmosphere can be calculated precisely from the 14.7 pounds per square inch base. Then the total BTUs of all the fuels being burned can be calculated and the temp rise that this heat (BTUs) will cause to the measured weight of air (atmosphere). These can be referenced on an annual basis. If the heat is not shut off, the finite atmosphere will continue to increase in temperature. It's the same as leaving the heat on in your trailer and the finite atmosphere within your trailer will continue to heat up. Secondary impacts CO2, icemelt, ocean currents, etc. all impact the temp in a positive direction. I'll not calculate the numbers for you because it is simple math with big numbers and you can use your own fingers.
/

You have not done much physics then.

Every day the sun puts a vast amount of energy into the earth. This heat leaves all the time. It is radiated away into space. Thus when the sun goes down the earth cools.

The direct heating of the air is so tiny it is inconsequential except for local conditions in cities in winter. Or for measuring the temperature to the hundredths of a degree that is claimed by such as the IPCC. Then it is significant, but you or I will never notice such a tiny change.

You have not done much physics then.

Every day the sun puts a vast amount of energy into the earth. This heat leaves all the time. It is radiated away into space. Thus when the sun goes down the earth cools.

The direct heating of the air is so tiny it is inconsequential except for local conditions in cities in winter. Or for measuring the temperature to the hundredths of a degree that is claimed by such as the IPCC. Then it is significant, but you or I will never notice such a tiny change.

I acknwoledge with true amusement that when your ignorance on a subject overwhelms you, you flaunt it.
/

I agree that climate change is manmade and real. What I don't believe is that climate change will bring about the apocalypse or that government is the only solution.

Correct...read the label ...it says 'Made in China'.

I acknwoledge with true amusement that when your ignorance on a subject overwhelms you, you flaunt it.
/

Nobody who has any understanding of science at all considers the direct heating of the world to be significant.

That is why the talk is always about greenhouse gasses.

Just because a line has worked against you in the past does not mean it will work on others. You flaunt your total lack of understanding of this subject area.

Nobody who has any understanding of science at all considers the direct heating of the world to be significant.

That is why the talk is always about greenhouse gasses.

Just because a line has worked against you in the past does not mean it will work on others. You flaunt your total lack of understanding of this subject area.

Then surely you can provide numerous links that state unequivocally that adding heat to the atmosphere will not increase the temperature of that atmosphere. It's the same as saying that adding heat to your water in the bathtub will not increase the temperature of that same water. Double down on total lack of understanding.
/

Then surely you can provide numerous links that state unequivocally that adding heat to the atmosphere will not increase the temperature of that atmosphere. It's the same as saying that adding heat to your water in the bathtub will not increase the temperature of that same water. Double down on total lack of understanding.
/

Adding heat to the bath tub will obviously increase the temperature of the water. Just as adding heat to the atmosphere will increase the temperature of the air.

The thing is how much heat?

And how long does it take for that heat to leave the bath water?

Adding heat to the bath tub will obviously increase the temperature of the water. Just as adding heat to the atmosphere will increase the temperature of the air.

The thing is how much heat?

And how long does it take for that heat to leave the bath water?

Made my point twice. The heat from the bathwater goes into Earth's atmosphere.
/

Made my point twice. The heat from the bathwater goes into Earth's atmosphere.
/

Which goes into the surface of the earth and is then radiated away just like all the other heat from the sun.

You have no clue at all. That is OK, but don't make assertive statements, rather ask questions.

I don't understand all the stuff about the way IR (heat light) is absorbed and re-emmitted. I am a spectator in that bit of the show. You need to just take the projections of temperature rise at face value. Don't try to work out how they get there.

Which goes into the surface of the earth and is then radiated away just like all the other heat from the sun.

You have no clue at all. That is OK, but don't make assertive statements, rather ask questions.

I don't understand all the stuff about the way IR (heat light) is absorbed and re-emmitted. I am a spectator in that bit of the show. You need to just take the projections of temperature rise at face value. Don't try to work out how they get there.

Heat rises, it does not go into the surface of the Earth. CO2 blocks radiation, as does methane, etc. Heat moves by conduction, convection or radiation and only by radiation in to the insulating vacuum of space around Earth. I told you to do the Math and showed you how to find the numbers. We use 100 million barrels per day of petro and it's the third largest contributor. Coal and natural gas are #1 and #2. Biomass, nuclear,, etc. You want to act like you know something about this subject but you refuse to do the simple math becaue you know it will prove you wrong.
/

has anyone read it. Seems to say man made climate change is real. What do you think?

is this just more sensationalism by the global warming alarmists

or

the reality of our future

I've stopped arguing climate change, to me it's obvious that we are in the midst of a warming climate and man made pollution is contributing greatly to it. But if you are discussing that with someone that doesn't believe it you're probably better off to hit yourself in the head with a hammer and dealing with the headache.

My argument fresh water, clean air, an unlettered sanitary place to live; for ourselves and our children and posterity. That's not a big debate, shouldn't be. Somewhere in the Mediterranean there's a place that was decimated by human activity. Apparently it was a beautiful forested paradise … at one time … through short sidedness on humanities part it was turned into a waste land. Not a desert, deserts are quite beautiful in their own way, but a useless barren place robbed of any value to any living thing; and it remains that way to this day. I wish I could remember more about the documentary I watched but this area was rapped for its forests, minerals, top soil … for economic gain.

The point is we have the demonstrated capability to ruin our environment irreparably to the point that it's of no value to living things, humans, animals, plants. There are so many more of us now and our technology is much advanced. I think its reasonable to believe if we could destroy and ecosystem in ancient times we can do it today only on a far greater scale. So, global warming aside, I believe we need to take care of our environment for no other reason than we need a safe clean place to live where nature thrives and so do we.

Our actions do make a difference, when I was young the pollution in my states capital was disgusting. Looking down on it from the foot hills was like looking into a cesspool. The clean air act was passed and today our capital is a place to be proud of and living there is better for it.

We AbsaByGodLutley make a do difference, are we going to had off something our grandkids can enjoy and be proud of … or a useless wasteland? Let's not let greedy people rob us of tomorrow for a little financial gain today.

Last edited:
I've stopped arguing climate change, to me it's obvious that we are in the midst of a warming climate and man made pollution is contributing greatly to it. But if you are discussing that with someone that doesn't believe it you're probably better off to hit yourself in the head with a hammer and dealing with the headache.

My argument fresh water, clean air, an unlettered sanitary place to live; for ourselves and our children and posterity. That's not a big debate, shouldn't be. Somewhere in the Mediterranean there's a place that was decimated by human activity. Apparently it was a beautiful forested paradise … at one time … through short sidedness on humanities part it was turned into a waste land. Not a desert, deserts are quite beautiful in their own way, but a useless barren place robbed of any value to any living thing; and it remains that way to this day. I wish I could remember more about the documentary I watched but this area was rapped for its forests, minerals, top soil … for economic gain.

The point is we have the demonstrated capability to ruin our environment irreparably to the point that it's of no value to living things, humans, animals, plants. There are so many more of us now and our technology is much advanced. I think its reasonable to believe if we could destroy and ecosystem in ancient times we can do it today only on a far greater scale. So, global warming aside, I believe we need to take care of our environment for no other reason than we need a safe clean place to live where nature thrives and so do we.

Our actions do make a difference, when I was young the pollution in my states capital was disgusting. Looking down on it from the foot hills was like looking into a cesspool. The clean air act was passed and today our capital is a place to be proud of and living there is better for it.

We AbsaByGodLutley make a do difference, are we going to had off something our grandkids can enjoy and be proud of … or a useless wasteland? Let's not let greedy people rob us of tomorrow for a little financial gain today.

uh ... what?

All I know is that I need to wear a coat until May.Then I can wear shorts til October.No need for a study on climate.

Heat rises, it does not go into the surface of the Earth. CO2 blocks radiation, as does methane, etc. Heat moves by conduction, convection or radiation and only by radiation in to the insulating vacuum of space around Earth. I told you to do the Math and showed you how to find the numbers. We use 100 million barrels per day of petro and it's the third largest contributor. Coal and natural gas are #1 and #2. Biomass, nuclear,, etc. You want to act like you know something about this subject but you refuse to do the simple math becaue you know it will prove you wrong.
/

I have done the math. I think from memory the out put of all human activity is in the order of a ten thousanth of the energy budget of the earth.

Try the maths yourself.

You will need the total human power out put and the total energy budget (per second) of the earth.

Obviously the air has the potential, has mechanisms, for losing heat. It can cool down. There are lots of them I will not discuss them with you as you are so possesed with certainty and no understanding at all.

Would it be a good idea to understand what is a problem and sort those things out rather than blindly destrying human industry?

CO2 is not a problem. The pollution you talk about, particulates and nitrosoxide mainly are big problems.

I have done the math. I think from memory the out put of all human activity is in the order of a ten thousanth of the energy budget of the earth.

Try the maths yourself.

You will need the total human power out put and the total energy budget (per second) of the earth.

Obviously the air has the potential, has mechanisms, for losing heat. It can cool down. There are lots of them I will not discuss them with you as you are so possesed with certainty and no understanding at all.

Do it on an annual basis and you should get a little under one tenth of a degree per decade.
/

Would it be a good idea to understand what is a problem and sort those things out rather than blindly destrying human industry?

CO2 is not a problem. The pollution you talk about, particulates and nitrosoxide mainly are big problems.

I’m not arguing about how we take care of our planet or against research that would help us do it better. My point is we should, on its own merit, for our own good.

I’m not arguing about how we take care of our planet or against research that would help us do it better. My point is we should, on its own merit, for our own good.

Yes. But why attack CO2 at vast expense in terms of human welfare and life?

Yes. But why attack CO2 at vast expense in terms of human welfare and life?

Yanno.... this is actually all laid out in the climate report linked in the OP.

Seems like at some point you’d familiarize yourself with the material instead of asking the same questions over and over.

Yanno.... this is actually all laid out in the climate report linked in the OP.

Seems like at some point you’d familiarize yourself with the material instead of asking the same questions over and over.

How about you at least try to answer the question I always ask, you know the one where you choose a particular place and a particular factor and we see if it is all worth the effort?

I don’t see an attack on CO2 in what “I’v posted.

True.

The problem is that unless otherwise stated today's environmental lobby will be 99% putting its' efforts into that none problem. So all other things are left alone.

True.

The problem is that unless otherwise stated today's environmental lobby will be 99% putting its' efforts into that none problem. So all other things are left alone.

Which is the point I’m trying to make. We need to take care of this world because its the right thing to do. Getting bogged down in a fight over specific issues seems to be obsfuscating that fact that we only have one word and we need to take care of it.

Man Made Climate Change IS real... that is simply a fact. How much of the change is a direct result of man is the real question.

But not a huge question since even the lower estimates are bad.

Back
Top Bottom