• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New White House Climate Report

is man made climate change is real.

• more sensationalism by the global warming alarmists

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • is it real

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So,

What exactly is real, do you think?

What do you expect to happen?

Odd that a report has been issued that specifically addresses the questions you continually ask on here..... and you don’t seem to have bothered to read it - you just keep asking people to tell you what it says.

So,

I dunno, man, leme finish this bong and we'll see what we think. Like, totally, dude.

Go to ****ing school.

Odd that a report has been issued that specifically addresses the questions you continually ask on here..... and you don’t seem to have bothered to read it - you just keep asking people to tell you what it says.

I set up a perfect opportunity for you to fire in with your message, to persuade the waiting crowd, and you run away....

I set up a perfect opportunity for you to fire in with your message, to persuade the waiting crowd, and you run away....

You're so generous. What would we ever do without you?

How about you just answer th equestions?

So,

"What's happening?? Won't someone please tell me what's happening??"

:lamo

That crap couldn't be more stupid if it was in a dumbass color.

As I prefer market based solutions over command and control, I support cap and trade initiatives. I can't be against all forms of environmental regulations or damage will not be mitigated.

I just think that putting forth a "solution" to a problem that isn't fully understood and is even further away from being universally accepted caused people to put their fingers in their ears and dig their heels in.

I just think that putting forth a "solution" to a problem that isn't fully understood and is even further away from being universally accepted caused people to put their fingers in their ears and dig their heels in.

Well, if one decides that some action should be taken, I would recommend market based ideas over command and control.

If one wants to take no action, then I suppose all initiatives look the same.

It doesn't make sense to reduce a discussion of a specific method to an all or nothing deal. We were already into details. Why did you pull the rug out?

"What's happening?? Won't someone please tell me what's happening??"

:lamo

That crap couldn't be more stupid if it was in a dumbass color.

How about you just answer the questions?

So,

"I tell ya, Marge, I done asked 'em. Every last one of 'em. And not one of those God damn city bastards had an answer. See? That's how I knows I'm right! You got yourself a smart one, Marge."

Man Made Climate Change IS real... that is simply a fact. How much of the change is a direct result of man is the real question.

Honestly, I don't even see that as an important question. If a meteor is approaching earth, is it any less of a problem because man had no impact on it's trajectory?

The question is that given the current technology, how much can be done to correct for it and at what cost is reasonable?

Honestly, I don't even see that as an important question. If a meteor is approaching earth, is it any less of a problem because man had no impact on it's trajectory?

The question is that given the current technology, how much can be done to correct for it and at what cost is reasonable?

You have your finger on the problem. It is my understanding that China will reduce licenses for coal powered plants starting this year, that is a help, but power generation by coal is not an American problem. Actually, cleaner Natural gas is becoming, and in many cases is and more economic. Look east to find the gross pollution from coal powered power plants. I'm not sure why the US has to bear such an economic burden when switching to alternate sources. It may be true we are producing more pollution per capita, but we have evolved to a higher standard of living that requires energy. We also feed a large portion of the world, don't we? Further, I also can't rule out the possibility that there is money to be made by Al and company, by the shifting of gears without some clutch.
Regards,
CP

You have your finger on the problem. It is my understanding that China will reduce licenses for coal powered plants starting this year, that is a help, but power generation by coal is not an American problem. Actually, cleaner Natural gas is becoming, and in many cases is and more economic. Look east to find the gross pollution from coal powered power plants. I'm not sure why the US has to bear such an economic burden when switching to alternate sources. It may be true we are producing more pollution per capita, but we have evolved to a higher standard of living that requires energy. We also feed a large portion of the world, don't we? Further, I also can't rule out the possibility that there is money to be made by Al and company, by the shifting of gears without some clutch.
Regards,
CP

I thought it was said that China wasn't planning on making any reductions until 2030.

I thought it was said that China wasn't planning on making any reductions until 2030.

According to what I read from Greenpeace(I know, Greenpeace?) That is what China has planned. Not to say China doesn't say what sounds good, and then does what they want.

Regards,
CP

The world is going gangbusters for Renewables, and China and India are leading the pack.

https://unfccc.int/news/china-and-india-lead-global-renewable-energy-transition

China aims to increase the renewable energy capacity by 38% in 2020 compared to2015 levels, equaling 680 Gigawatt (GW) of installed capacities and investments of USD361 billion in renewable energies. For comparison: Germany, which ranked first in the Allianz Climate & Energy Monitor 2016 for its renewable energy policies, currently has roughly100 GW renewables installed. A new park of 10 wind mills has around 0.04 GW of capacity.

India is also developing its renewable energy capacity at a rapid pace. In 2016, solar and wind installations exceeded the annual goal by 43% and 116% respectively. For 2022,India plans 175 GW of installed renewables. With market forces set into action by a clear policy intent, India is expected to comfortably achieve its climate targets.

Both countries are looking to exit coal-based power generation: China is cancelling plans for new fossil-based power plants and swiftly decommissioning existing coal power plants, while India is considering plans to stop building new coal power plants after 2022.

The world is going gangbusters for Renewables, and China and India are leading the pack.

https://unfccc.int/news/china-and-india-lead-global-renewable-energy-transition

China aims to increase the renewable energy capacity by 38% in 2020 compared to2015 levels, equaling 680 Gigawatt (GW) of installed capacities and investments of USD361 billion in renewable energies. For comparison: Germany, which ranked first in the Allianz Climate & Energy Monitor 2016 for its renewable energy policies, currently has roughly100 GW renewables installed. A new park of 10 wind mills has around 0.04 GW of capacity.

India is also developing its renewable energy capacity at a rapid pace. In 2016, solar and wind installations exceeded the annual goal by 43% and 116% respectively. For 2022,India plans 175 GW of installed renewables. With market forces set into action by a clear policy intent, India is expected to comfortably achieve its climate targets.

Both countries are looking to exit coal-based power generation: China is cancelling plans for new fossil-based power plants and swiftly decommissioning existing coal power plants, while India is considering plans to stop building new coal power plants after 2022.

What is that per-capita?

Do your own research.

I really am not asking. I simply don't think you understand how that detracts from your argument. I was hoping to spark a reasonable thought in you.

Fat chance huh...

I agree that climate change is manmade and real. What I don't believe is that climate change will bring about the apocalypse or that government is the only solution.

I agree that climate change is manmade and real. What I don't believe is that climate change will bring about the apocalypse or that government is the only solution.

I agree the temperature globally seems to be warming. I just don't believe our two hundred year contribution explains the temp changes that have gone on since the beginning of Earth, and it seems too pat to associate our existence today, with todays climate.
Regards,
CP

So,

The World is burning various fuels 24/7/365 and releasing the heat from that burning into a finite atmosphere surrounded by a insulating vacuum. The weight of that finite atmosphere can be calculated precisely from the 14.7 pounds per square inch base. Then the total BTUs of all the fuels being burned can be calculated and the temp rise that this heat (BTUs) will cause to the measured weight of air (atmosphere). These can be referenced on an annual basis. If the heat is not shut off, the finite atmosphere will continue to increase in temperature. It's the same as leaving the heat on in your trailer and the finite atmosphere within your trailer will continue to heat up. Secondary impacts CO2, icemelt, ocean currents, etc. all impact the temp in a positive direction. I'll not calculate the numbers for you because it is simple math with big numbers and you can use your own fingers.
/

The government is definitely not the solution. People invest in renewables. Corporations invest in renewables. Renewables are the fastest growing power sources, not just in the US, but around the world. People and Corporate Investors drove this growth.

Sometimes governments (International, National or State) get involved by supplying a slight incentive. That equates to a very small portion of the investments put forth by the people and corporations. These incentives have expiration dates, and they are put in place, to introduce certain technologies (i.e. Energy Star Appliances, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom