• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New wave of Covid cases hits U.S. officials, rattles Washington - NBC

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

It's almost like removing masks was a stupid, deadly idea. Cool move.

It's almost like removing masks was a stupid, deadly idea. Cool move.

The Democrats removed them for optics because the polls revealed that the public didn't like the way Biden was handling Covid.

I can't help think that they are getting a little taste of Karma as a result.

I'm confused. Do masks work or don't they?

I'm confused. Do masks work or don't they?

I had one on and still caught a horrible respiratory virus this year, as did my husband, and that almost killed him.
I'm not talking about covid either. So you tell me what good they are? They say you can catch respiratory viruses through your eyes. We wore masks, and still got sick.

I had one on and still caught a horrible respiratory virus this year, as did my husband, and that almost killed him.
I'm not talking about covid either. So you tell me what good they are? They say you can catch respiratory viruses through your eyes. We wore masks, and still got sick.
So then democrats aren't getting a taste of karma for removing their masks? Or they are? If masks don't work, then how would removing them cause a bunch of Democrats to get sick?

So then democrats aren't getting a taste of karma for removing their masks? Or they are? If masks don't work, then how would removing them cause a bunch of Democrats to get sick?

No, they are getting Karima and sick, because they're all a bunch of phony hypocrites with their rules for thee but not for me bs.
They were at a super spreader event for heaven sakes, hugging and kissing one another's cheeks. If right wingers did that, they'd politicize it to death with their sky is falling theatrics.

I don't hope for anyone to get sick just in case you're going to go that route next.
I hope they all recover. I just wish they hadn't politicized the disease like they did.

Masks mostly protect others from you and only protect you from unmasked others on a limited basis. This has only been explained eight hundred and eleventy bajillion times on this website.

So it had nothing to do with not wearing masks.

Why do you keep repeating yourself? I already told that the rank hypocrites should practice what they preach, didn't I?

Masks mostly protect others from you and only protect you from unmasked others on a limited basis. This has only been explained eight hundred and eleventy bajillion times on this website.
That's the point of everyone wearing masks... These people were not, and have quite possibly infected others.

Is there a next wave happening? I'm going to get another booster shot, if so. I might just get it anyway.

"The White House approach appears somewhat haphazard, at times taking care to go beyond CDC guidelines and at others walking up to the edge of what’s recommended. And at least once in the last two weeks, he publicly disregarded his public health agency’s advice while visiting Poland.

The president has been spared covid — so far. He is fully vaccinated and has been boosted twice, but he’s nearly 80 years old, putting him at higher risk for a severe case of the disease. And his sister, Valerie Biden Owens, announced Thursday that she tested positive.
Should Biden contract covid, there would likely be an immediate economic and political shock. And there could be a political price to pay for the president who staked his campaign on keeping America safe from the pandemic.
“If the president contracts the virus, it’s going to be a big deal,” said Jonathan Reiner, a professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University. “And there is this small but real risk of needing to be hospitalized or worse.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.,) holds a mask as she joins President Biden and other lawmakers for a bill-signing on April 6. Pelosi announced Thursday she had tested positive for the coronavirus.

President Biden hands the pen used to sign an Executive Order to continue to strengthen access to the Affordable Care Act to former president Barack Obama in the White House on Tuesday.

Is there a next wave happening? I'm going to get another booster shot, if so. I might just get it anyway.
Just get one, if it has been more than 4 months after your last one. No reason not to. Science.

The Democrats removed them for optics because the polls revealed that the public didn't like the way Biden was handling Covid.

I can't help think that they are getting a little taste of Karma as a result.
The democrats removed them because:

1. Omicron is less deadly
2. There are good therapeutics now
3. Everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get one
4. Hospitalizations are down
5. Deaths are down

Any other dumb comments?

"The White House approach appears somewhat haphazard, at times taking care to go beyond CDC guidelines and at others walking up to the edge of what’s recommended. And at least once in the last two weeks, he publicly disregarded his public health agency’s advice while visiting Poland.

The president has been spared covid — so far. He is fully vaccinated and has been boosted twice, but he’s nearly 80 years old, putting him at higher risk for a severe case of the disease. And his sister, Valerie Biden Owens, announced Thursday that she tested positive.
Should Biden contract covid, there would likely be an immediate economic and political shock. And there could be a political price to pay for the president who staked his campaign on keeping America safe from the pandemic.
“If the president contracts the virus, it’s going to be a big deal,” said Jonathan Reiner, a professor of medicine and surgery at George Washington University. “And there is this small but real risk of needing to be hospitalized or worse.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.,) holds a mask as she joins President Biden and other lawmakers for a bill-signing on April 6. Pelosi announced Thursday she had tested positive for the coronavirus.

President Biden hands the pen used to sign an Executive Order to continue to strengthen access to the Affordable Care Act to former president Barack Obama in the White House on Tuesday.

The recommendation to wear a mask varies with the number of cases. Cases low, no mask needed. Cases start going up, might want to start wearing a mask again.

The democrats removed them because:

1. Omicron is less deadly
2. There are good therapeutics now
3. Everyone who wants a vaccine has had the opportunity to get one
4. Hospitalizations are down
5. Deaths are down

Any other dumb comments?

Nope I think you about covered it in the above. :giggle:

You're like them in the sense it was only a short while ago where you were getting on everyone for disobeying the CDC. What happened? Your politics get in the way?

We had a compromised covid infected Nancy Pelosi kissing the president who is immunocompromised at a super spreader event, and by all accounts, you're OK with that.

Nope I think you about covered it in the above. :giggle:

You're like them in the sense it was only a short while ago where you were getting on everyone for disobeying the CDC. What happened? Your politics get in the way?

We had a compromised covid infected Nancy Pelosi kissing the president who is immunocompromised at a super spreader event, and by all accounts, you're OK with that.

And I thought we were discussing why the mask rules were dropped and not Pelosi. Silly me.
Perhaps you would have preferred that everyone was required to wear a mask forever?
I gave you the reasons. It has nothing to do with politics no matter how much you want to believe it.
Just dumb conjecture on your part.
Here is my proof.
Where’s yours?

Last edited:
My question is....how are the hospitals doing? How severe are the cases?
They are causing deaths and hospitalizations at the same rate as last week. Hospitals will be able to handle all the victims, as they always have. Their families will deal with the loss, as they always have.

Back
Top Bottom