• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

New Vote date: October 15.

Slavister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just assume October 15 is the new November 3.

If you want to vote by mail (as I plan to), I suggest ordering absentee ballot now or as soon as possible (many States already accept these requests where they are needed), and then voting as soon as you get the ballot.

More importantly, spread the word of Trump slowing down mail as encouragement to people you know to vote before mid October.

Mail might be slow thanks to Trump, but if you vote by early or maybe even mid October, you should be fine.

Unless Donald Trump has signed an executive order moving Election Day up to October 15 already, you are lying.

What Trump wants to do is prevent Democrats from receiving ballots on time to be counted on November 3 at the county elections boards offices.

I'll be mailing mine early.

Unless Donald Trump has signed an executive order moving Election Day up to October 15 already, you are lying.

What Trump wants to do is prevent Democrats from receiving ballots on time to be counted on November 3 at the county elections boards offices.

Then he wins. Nancy isn't getting $25B from either the Senate or Trump for the USPS.

Just assume October 15 is the new November 3.

If you want to vote by mail (as I plan to), I suggest ordering absentee ballot now or as soon as possible (many States already accept these requests where they are needed), and then voting as soon as you get the ballot.

More importantly, spread the word of Trump slowing down mail as encouragement to people you know to vote before mid October.

Mail might be slow thanks to Trump, but if you vote by early or maybe even mid October, you should be fine.

I remember just before the 2016 election, after Comey announced he was reopening Clinton's email investigation, people were swamping the Town Clerks wanting to change their votes...

I honestly can't think of anything that would change my mind, but it is one of the drawbacks to voting really early. Of course, with Trump trying in every way possible to slow down the mail service, people should try to get their ballots in early-- and to check the mail-in deadline in their state. It is not election day!!!

Then he wins. Nancy isn't getting $25B from either the Senate or Trump for the USPS.

Your president already told people why the USPS needs the $25B. The fact that you think it is a good thing that him blocking those funds results in him winning shows you are as corrupt as his administration.

“They want $25 billion for the post office. They need that money so it can work and they can take these millions and millions of ballots."

Trump added: "But if they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting because they’re not equipped to have it.”​

Trump says he'''s willing to give USPS money if Dems concede to '''some''' funding asks in coronavirus relief package | Fox News

Trump Opposes USPS Funding But Says He'd Sign Bill Including It : NPR

Last edited:

Nancy Pelosi is not in charge of the USPS. She can only vote for Joe Biden and tell every other Democrat to do the same thing.

Nancy Pelosi is not in charge of the USPS. She can only vote for Joe Biden and tell every other Democrat to do the same thing.

Neither is Donald Trump and Nancy can do as she pleases since she lives in a mansion with freezers full of ice cream and is 3 years closer to ashes to ashes and dust to dust as Joe Biden.

Absentee voting begins Sept. 19. Early in-person voting begins mid-October in most states.

I think this is state specific, but yeah, the sooner the better!

Most states begin absentee voting 45 days before the election. Check your state's timeline.

Most states begin absentee voting 45 days before the election. Check your state's timeline.

Looks like 23 states send out ballots 45 days or earlier and 27 send them after. I am assuming they accept filled out ballots right away after sending them.

absentee_ballots_sent.jpg

source

Absentee voting begins Sept. 19. Early in-person voting begins mid-October in most states.

I plan on in person early voting.

I won't bother. It is either voting 3rd, which is supposedly throwing away my vote, and not going at all, so the date won't matter.

I won't bother. It is either voting 3rd, which is supposedly throwing away my vote, and not going at all, so the date won't matter.

Huh??

Willi voters have any problems at all with receiving their ballots and mailing them back to the county election boards after all four debates are completed and fact-checked by multiple unbiased news media?

Willi voters have any problems at all with receiving their ballots and mailing them back to the county election boards after all four debates are completed and fact-checked by multiple unbiased news media?

When you request a ballot from the state election board your request will be date and time stamped. I printed mine out but it is added to your voter registration info. You can always hand deliver your ballot to your local office or take it to your voting precinct during in-person early voting or on Nov. 3 at your polling place.

Personally, I don't need to hear the debates to decide whom I will vote for.

Lawrence O'Donnell tweet

I mailed a birthday card with a 1st class stamp at a Post Office on July 28 hoping for delivery on August 1.

It arrived today August 15.

It took 18 days to travel 3 miles.

Last year’s birthday card arrived the day after I mailed it at the same Post Office.

Vote early.

Lawrence O'Donnell tweet

I mailed a birthday card with a 1st class stamp at a Post Office on July 28 hoping for delivery on August 1.

It arrived today August 15.

It took 18 days to travel 3 miles.

Last year’s birthday card arrived the day after I mailed it at the same Post Office.

Vote early.

Doh!

Maybe even October 15 is too close for comfort then.

People really should use the official drop boxes when available and vote as soon as absentee voting allows them

Vote! If you are the first 38 states in this chart, you should be able to vote by mail already!

absentee_ballots_sent.jpg

source

Back
Top Bottom