• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

new vehicles

alphieb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Does anyone have any input on the 2006 Dodge Charger?

If we had the money, I know my husband would LOVE to have one......me personally though, I like the design and performance of the Dodge SRT-4 better.....only problem is, I can't drive a manual :(

My brother just purchased one, and he absolutely loves it! Its very well designed, and would fit anyone! He's got a wife and two kids, and there is more than enough room for them, and anyone else who wants to jump in. The only thing that got me about it was its lack of power. I mean, it is powerful, but you would expect a new Charger to blow the competition out of the water, but it just doesn't pack as much of a punch as you would expect from Dodge. If you are looking for a roomy Dodge with a nice engine, try the Magnum. Now that one is impressive!

alphieb said:

Almost makes me wish I was a Robot....'cause I would so do this thing.

Attachments

• daytonas.jpg
    daytonas.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 11
alphieb said:

Actually, I would refrain from purchasing any Chrysler or Ford product, as they break down after the warranty expires, and the majority are a pain in the balls to work on. But if you get the extended warranty, and live near a respectable garage, I see no problem.:lol:

kal-el said:
Actually, I would refrain from purchasing any Chrysler or Ford product, as they break down after the warranty expires, and the majority are a pain in the balls to work on. But if you get the extended warranty, and live near a respectable garage, I see no problem.:lol:

Hey now! My husband has a Dodge Ram....it's a '99 so by the time we bought it, the warranty was already up and we didn't get any other warranties for it...and we haven't had a whole lot of problems with it at all, it makes this weird rattling noise sometimes, but there's nothing "wrong" with it.....now, my car is a 2003 Ford Focus, and much as I love my car, it's a piece of junk. I just replaced the brakes a little over a year ago, and I can tell I need to replace them again pretty soon. And ever since I got the brakes changed, it makes a funny noise on the right side when I DO brake, and I think it's the rotor because they said they turned it when they changed the brakes.....I had this all done at the dealership, and when I complained to them about the noise, somehow, they couldn't find the problem, and I took it back THREE times.....*sigh* I want to just get a new rotor, 'cause the noise is driving me insane, but alas, we're too broke for that right now. There was something else but I can't think of it right now :mrgreen: Seriously though, I am all about buying cars from American manufacturers, and I hate Chevy with a passion, so I'm pretty limited in my purchasing options.

But man oh man would I love an SRT-4.....anyone wanna come down here and teach me to drive a manual? :lol:

Stace said:
Hey now! My husband has a Dodge Ram....it's a '99 so by the time we bought it, the warranty was already up and we didn't get any other warranties for it...and we haven't had a whole lot of problems with it at all, it makes this weird rattling noise sometimes, but there's nothing "wrong" with it.....now, my car is a 2003 Ford Focus, and much as I love my car, it's a piece of junk. I just replaced the brakes a little over a year ago, and I can tell I need to replace them again pretty soon. And ever since I got the brakes changed, it makes a funny noise on the right side when I DO brake, and I think it's the rotor because they said they turned it when they changed the brakes.....I had this all done at the dealership, and when I complained to them about the noise, somehow, they couldn't find the problem, and I took it back THREE times.....*sigh* I want to just get a new rotor, 'cause the noise is driving me insane, but alas, we're too broke for that right now. There was something else but I can't think of it right now :mrgreen: Seriously though, I am all about buying cars from American manufacturers, and I hate Chevy with a passion, so I'm pretty limited in my purchasing options.

But man oh man would I love an SRT-4.....anyone wanna come down here and teach me to drive a manual? :lol:

Yea, I hear alot of horror stories from dumfounded Ford owners. I tell them to get a sledgehammer and ductape,as that's all you need to work on them. Sorry to hear that your hubby has a dodge ram.:lol:

Actually, when I started working on cars, like 5 years ago, I didn't know how to drive manual either, but I learned on customer's cars, it's easy, and once you learn, you'll never forget.

kal-el said:
Yea, I hear alot of horror stories from dumfounded Ford owners. I tell them to get a sledgehammer and ductape,as that's all you need to work on them. Sorry to hear that your hubby has a dodge ram.:lol:

Actually, when I started working on cars, like 5 years ago, I didn't know how to drive manual either, but I learned on customer's cars, it's easy, and once you learn, you'll never forget.

Hey now, even if I can't drive the thing very often (the truck is a monster and I'm an itty bitty short girl), I do love our truck.

My friend Mandi tried to teach me how to drive a manual in our little parking lot at work one day in her Jeep, but I kept stalling out and all the guys in the shop kept laughing at me so I said screw it.....my brother in law was supposed to take me out in his Mustang and teach me, but then he got rid of the thing.....I know my mother in law would be more then willing to teach me in her car, but since we live 5 hours away from them now instead of two, we won't be going out to visit as often as we used to, so I guess I'll have to wait awhile....

Stace said:
Hey now, even if I can't drive the thing very often (the truck is a monster and I'm an itty bitty short girl), I do love our truck.

I'm sure you do, as I'm sure you're happy with it. Some Chrysler products manage to slip through the cracks and therefore beat the odds and end up reliable automobiles, but the odds are not in their favor. Alls I'm saying is in my experience working on/driving fords/Chryslers, I busted quite a few knuckels on them. They're fantastic cars so long as the warranty is still valid.

My friend Mandi tried to teach me how to drive a manual in our little parking lot at work one day in her Jeep, but I kept stalling out and all the guys in the shop kept laughing at me so I said screw it

It's ok, I still to this day stall out some stick cars, when I was learning, I stalled them out quite often.

.....my brother in law was supposed to take me out in his Mustang and teach me, but then he got rid of the thing.....I know my mother in law would be more then willing to teach me in her car, but since we live 5 hours away from them now instead of two, we won't be going out to visit as often as we used to, so I guess I'll have to wait awhile....

O well, the only drawback to manual cars is the transmission fluid is absent from under the hood, you have to manually go under the car to check/fill it. If I were to purchase a new car now, I would say it would be manual.

Last edited:
kal-el said:

i agree with the Fords but unless youre driving a pre-1980 Dodge, you wont have any trouble with it. at least no more than any other domestic. theres a reason why you see so many 80's-90's Jeeps running around.

as far as the Charger, ive got to drive one and loved it. very solid car but I wouldnt buy one if you're not getting one with a Hemi. i drive a 2005 Ram Hemi and aside from an LS2, they have the best throttle response and high end than any other domestic engine right now. they handle like a 5 series too. go test drive one.

Back
Top Bottom